RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, that was a nice end to the Nordschleife week :)

I liked the way the car was handling a lot better than yesterday's Mini (I also didn't forget to set it up properly this time, so that might be one reason :D) and qualified 4th behind Justin, Arunas and Kacper.
Had a very entertaining first half of race #1 as I could pass Justin and Kacper due to small driving errors and managed to keep them behind me until somewhere in lap 3. Pitted right afterwards and went on to a fairly lonely race ending in P4.

Race #2 didn't start as good as I badly screwed up Fuchsröhre and got in everybody's way - sorry about that!
I managed to somewhat hang on to Arunas and Kacper through the rest of the race but kept losing some seconds every now and then and finished around 15secs behind them in the end.

I've really enjoyed this week despite the.. developable results but every lap was some kind of learning process, I guess ;) I'm a lot less afraid of Adenauer now, and I'm a lot more afraid of Aremberg. :D

A very enjoyable ending to what was quite a frustrating week at the Green Hell. Lots of mistakes made, throwing away positions here there and everywhere but tonight I was able to make amends.

Started 3rd in Race one after a mistake on my qually lap (I thought, here we go again). I was prety much out driven in Race 1 by Arunas and Kacper but to my surprise and good fortune, they both peeled into the pits just ahead of me and I made the decision there and then to stay out. Worked and treat and I was able to take it easy on my worn tyres as there was no immediate pressure behind me. Took the chequered flag :D

Race 2 I started from last place (reverse orders) and after a couple of tussles with Arunas and a car going off up ahead I found myself in 3rd place behind Dennis and David with the other guys caught up in something behind. Me and Dennis managed to get past David and settled in to an even pace with me keeping a 6-7 gap behind me. Dennis was keeping on it and not allowing me to relax too much but I was keeping the gap steady and took my 2nd chequered flag of the night.........now a beer!

Thanks for a great week Dennis and everyone who raced this week :D

I would take this time to complain about my car as of course, my driving is flwless :)

Each session I did get better it ws very hard work as I tried to improve my already well honed skills :cool:

By the time Warmup ended I manages to get the gearbox close to correct, it was giving me a devil of a time.

Slow in R1 but able to stay near the leaders for a bit, then I lost a bit of time. I think I can remember an alien spacecraft shining bright lights at me :rolleyes: but I took it as a sign and continued ahead without taking a pit stop. It didn't help, the gearbox was still screwed up and needed attention.

Intermission and a chance to grab the new gearbox, just flown in from the factory with just the right gears.

R2: A game of bumper cars with the Jack Daniels car for a while and then I made room for Justin,,,and a few small mistakes, but I'm human :cautious: The new gears are better but still need improvement. Yet no one has caught me? Strange situation to have, fsat guys not catching me but I'll take to the finish.

The bad news, I never had a good gearset.
The good news, I know which ones to use next time!

Awards were given!
Arunas had donated two prizes and Justin by virtue or his double win took home the copy of
"F1 2012" and a drawing was held with a card for each driver that participated in the weeks racing, a printout of the signup sheets broken up. So some of us were in there numerous times. My wife, Joanne made the drawing and Kacper Kolodziejczyk was the first card for a driver that was actually present, to accept the game of "Nail'd".

So ends another week of running the Green. We will be back so don't let your laps lapse :roflmao:

This event was pinnacle of all weeks racing!
At last I wasn't bumped out of the track with a lot of damage taken, so I was capable to show up the potential of my Peugeot 407 setup :D It suited quite well, but inconsistency was my biggest problem. But it lead to superb fight with Kacper.
A little bit pity for our clash in R2 after long long straight which ruined our final standings. But it was great Who-have-the-balls side to side racing which ended in sliding in to the grass-Kacper-barriers, but we BOTH HAVE THE BALLS :cool:
Thanks again for the great race guys and to RD for such a great community!
It was nearly perfect my BDay week! :rolleyes:

Well, I just ran a few practice laps and I seem to have a bit of an overheating problem. After seeing that the radiator is at a fixed setting, I see we have to keep these at a low RPM to prevent overheating. Now, I do not have a lot of free time today so I can not find out myself, but if anyone knows how much RPM we can use before overheating, please do share this information. :)

@Nelson Ullinskey . I just drove 14 laps with an only slightly changed simbin setup. OK, probably not as fast as you but, no boiling water, no warning in red on the tachometer at the lower right on the screen, and no smoke coming out the back of the car. I did see the gauges reading high and when back in the garage water temp was at 97 and oil at 119 but these seem acceptable as there is no smoke, no holes in crankcase/con rods lying on the front straight. I don't have Motec so that's all I can tell you :speechless:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes