RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Matt Crouch

Well that was my first race and I have to say I could probably have picked a better race for my introduction. I spent most of the practice sliding all over the track and in quali I grounded my car on the kerb leaving me second or third to last. I don't think quali would have had a significant effect on my race though.

As my first race I know I should have expected it but I was amazed by how clean the first turn was. :D Didn't see any contact at-all. I expected the worst for my race after practice and quali and donned my wetsuit in preparation, but surprisingly I held on okay for the first 9 or 10 laps, setting consistently better times than my practice laps, before my times just started to slip. Then on lap 13 I went off the track and my handling felt like it had gone out the window. I'm sure that was psychological though as my tyre temps seemed fine and i had no damage....

well not for long anyway. Lost my front wing and pitted, then lost it again 2 laps later. Apologies to whoever was behind (lapping) me at this point because I think I dived back onto the track somewhat over to the pits. after a few more bad laps I went off the track for a final time and decided I was a bit too much of a danger at this point having lost concentration quite a lot. I think my heating is up too high cause I'm really hot right now :s

Thanks for the race. :)
I don't want to sound ungrateful but I think the main idea of the race, putting us newbies in the faster cars was lost somewhat with FBMWs in the rain, paticularly on laguna which already has the corkscrew where grip can be an issue. It was a good experience anyway and I look forward to another drier race :p

Practise:

Had None!

Qually:

8th :)

Race:

Got a good start and was 4th round turn one. I sneaked a little pass by Nigel asweel so I was P3. I chased Karl and Lee in the Z4's. Karl passed Lee and I wanted to follow, but I few mitstaked had me in the clutches of Keith Barrick, Patrick Duivelaar and Marcin Wojcik. I was faster than them down the straights and soon found and extra second a lap by being braver into the corners. I soon caught Lee and stole his slip-stream into Turn One. I pulled away to about 7seconds then Lee disappaeared. From there it was pretty lonely stuff. I had one near miss with the barrier when I got too much kurb into the last corner, but apart from that it was pretty good from me.

Grats to Karl for his perfect race and sorry to all FBMW drivers. We will have a dry track next week :)

New PB in Racedepartment events :)

Fun and interesting event, never knew it would rain in sunny California :D

To bad so many new drivers were caught off guard by the wet conditions, hope you'll get a better stab at it next time :hug:

I didn't have that much time to practice before the event, all the test laps were done in dry condition. I only changed for wet's and eased off one click on the anti rollbars, worked like a charm :) I'm amazed of how stable and predictable the z4 is, never raced it before. Would really love to use it again.

A big congratulations to Lee for nicking the the pole from me, it would have been my first otherwise... :yo:

Hope to see you all at the next event!
:wave:
Kind regards,
Karl

• Matt Crouch

Dave, sorry for breaking in front of you. I did see you in my mirrors and as I was already off the line, my intention was to stay off it and take it slow round the inside, unfortunately looking at the replay it looks like I started to move back onto it and then off again, and then braked too early thinking you were going round the outside. It was my fault of course but it's not a situation I've ever really encountered on public servers.

• Marcin Wójcik

It was my first race in RD and it was great.
There was a lot of fight but all fair play. I was at 4th place when for 8 minutes to the end I noticed that my fuel ends. I must pit to refuel and I fell on the 8th place. At last turn i overtake someone and i finished at 7th.
Thanks to all for a good race.
See you at the next race:)

I apologize for the incident Marty, after watching the replay I now see you were still quite abit infront of me. I wasn't awared of that at the moment of race and I apologize for that. My ignorance action had costed your good race. I realized the 2nd time we battled on the same corner, you had let me passed by as I dont think I would be able to pass if you didn't lift off the gas. Seems like I got much to learn on my patience side.

Sai, it was just a racing incident and did'nt really change the result much for me. I just wanted to let you know my point of view. You were very fast and well deserving of your win. No hard feelings here and I look forward to racing with you again in the future.:) Marty

• Neil Gardner

Name on RD forum: Neil Gardner
Name in game: Neil Gardner
Your Country: NZ
Control: G25
Car: BMW E90
Special remarks: Hope this suits the RWD ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes