RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Glad I made it to this one.
Bit messy for me on 1st lap both races, but excellent close racing by the end of each race.
I thought I might miss this event through being quite ill the past few days, but this has really cheered me up tonight.
What great fun these little cars are!
Many thanks to Bjorn, RD and all drivers.

The track was repaved for the '08 MotoGP event but we didn't get to enjoy that level of grip!
Sliding about is what going fast is, no? Very tricky, loved it! Considering that, there were[I think] few incidents that could have nbeen avoided.

R1: I got a so so start and suffered through chicanes for the fist lap. Unfortunates ran me down throughout the race, good stuff!
R2: I thought 7th would get me on row two. DAmn, I'm on the first row. Things are OK till we exit T3 and I'm way down in the pack. Bob Miley has stayed with me as he gave me a tap but it wasn't his fault and he gets by me a few laps later. I did well till near theend when I fumbuled and let Marco catch me.

Fun Euro race, haven't been to many in a while.
Thanks RD!

Well 10 races in to being a Race Department rookie I have finally managed to secure a good result in both races. Pitstops, rolling starts, and people that don't try to point you off the track are a bit new to me and I'm still finding my way. I have seen to be my own worst enemy and most of the races making crucial mistakes especially in the pits.
I am excited about the coming ATCC season as I have two solid teammates on the Bon Accord Ultimate Racing II Team in Matthias Klein and Reggie Blain. I got good starts in both races and got to follow Reggie for a few laps. I have lots of laps at Bruno In the Radicals and these cars are very fun to drive. They produce lots of great and downforce and are relatively easy to slide and recover from mistakes. However they seem to lose speed if you try to ride them over the limit and Reggie seem to have a pretty loose car. Fortunately for me this meant I didn't have to try to make a pass on him on track as he made a few small mistakes and allowed me to sneak by. After that I managed to put in smooth consistent laps and grind out a small advantage as the laps ran down.
Gratz to my new teammates On the Bon Accord Ultimate Racing II Team for rounding out the podium with me in a race 2! However all is not rosy in my camp just yet as I managed to make a few mistakes that could have been costly this in a tight race and need to improve my concentration for these longer events. A Big Thank You to Race Department for creating an awesome forum and platform to have fun and make friends! Thanks Race Department crew!

To get the Sports class more filled, Me and Caramidaru switched to Sport, also I've put Chris Sykes on the sports as he mentioned before, hope you dont mind Chris :wink:

We are back to a 25 cars gridsize as the signups didnt turn out very well.

PS: If someone is willing to share his setup with me for the BMW in the sports class...Many thanks in advance :)

Skinpack will be released tomorrow.

here are all the particulars for the Race regarding, Start procedures, cutting, pit entry and exits! Read carefully and know the materials to avoid potential penalties.

We will use a ROLLING START for BOTH RACES!

Rolling start. The pole sitter will bring the field around for ONE LAP to the start / finish line at 45MPH or 72 KPH. The polesitter may accelerate to 100KPH or 60 MPH on the long straight off the esses ONLY to reduce the time to get to the release point. he will roll off the line this when the start lights go out and not before or we will have penalties for "false starting". YOU WILL follow the car in front of you and stay in EXACT order!do your best to maintain the spacing to the car in front of you as you had when you "dropped" into the field from the garage.Once the pole sitter has reached the Satrt / Finish Line he will then accelerate at full speed and the race will be underway. YOU MAY NOT pass or jump out of line until you reach the Start / finish Line. This will ensure that nobody in the rear of the field will "jump" and gain an unfair advantage. I want everyone to get away cleanly and without incident to start the race. you may only pass before the Start/finish line if there is an accident in front of you but this does not mean you are released to accelerate away and pass additional cars until the release point.

PATIENCE GENTLEMEN!!!!!!! I will review the race starts after the event. If I catch you breaking the start rules, you will be reported by me to the racing staff for an infraction review.

here is the "RELEASE POINT" for Watkins Glen below.

WGISF.jpg

Regarding PIt entry and exit during the race. YOU MUST enter the PIT entry lane marked by the white line shown to the left of the car below. Failure to be FULLY in the lane will constitute a CUT and is reportable as an infraction! The picture shows what FULY IN THE LANE means.

WGIPitentry.jpg

PIt lane EXIT LINE MUST NOT be crossed until your car is COMPLETELY beyond the broken white lines (2). Pit lane exit boundry is the first whiteline left of the car shown. crossing into the TRIANGLE between the lines is CUTTING!

WGIPitexit1.jpg

PIT EXIT BLEND point. Do not cross the broken white line or its is CUTTING! also, be very very careful joining the race here! Cars will be coming up with full speed from behind. it is HIGHLY ADVISABLE that you stay to the RIGHT of the track hugging the yellow line through the first of the ESSES to avoid a disaster!
WGIPitexit2.jpg

You MAY NOT have 4 tires in the white at the INSIDE of T1! You must have 2 tires to the LEFT of the yellow line per normal RD cutting rules. The pic below shows a car CUTTING the corner!

WGIT1cut.jpg

YOU MAY put 4 TIRES on the white in the following 2 corners. Exit of T1 and exit of T9 just before pit lane entry lines begin. However, you MUST get the whole car back on the track BEFORE you get to the grass where the TARMAC ends!

T1 exit curb below. be very careful here as the car will be almost out of control when you return to the track surface. BE CAREFUL if you go as far as pictured.
WGIT1exit.jpg

Exit of T9 below.

WGIT9.jpg

these rules and notes are provided so that you and your fellow drivers may enjoy a safe and fair race! If you see a failure of any of the rules discussed above, and incident report to me will be acceptable.

Enjoy the race and remember, your being broadcasted so show your very best sportsmanship and fair play to the sim racing world!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 33.3%