RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Thanks for the welcome guys, good to be here. I just got my Teamspeak working and I just went through the rules. I think I can keep my nose clean.

I'll see if I get some of my friends to join in the next race, Its pretty late here and they have work tomorrow. Old men :D

Race 1 was good had a nice battle with Jarrod after losing the draft in 4th spot.

Stefan goes agro gifting me 3rd.

Vaughnie and Keith have a moment and I come across Vaughnie slow in Lesmos. He gets a run on me and pass's for the 2nd spot on lap 16! Good stuff

R2 I get a good start and running 4th behind Stefan , Yves and Eric Estes. Get to Lesmos 1 and Jarrod cuts a bit inside and we have contact. THe car shoots off the barrier across the track and thankfully doesn't collect anyone.

BAd luck there but thats racin...........

See you guys at the 10K tomorrow night!!!!! I'm a going testing now so if you see a car on the banking, its me! he he he

I too owe some apologies for the incident on lap3 of race 2. Sorry Adam, I was a bit to aggressive on the throttle on the exit of the last turn and the thing just started to fish tail on me. Also a big sorry to Jarrod. I waited for an opening in traffic, but was super slow getting the car turned around. Tried to stay off to the side, but it was to late by then. So sorry for that. I was gutted when I saw both you and Adam in the pits the next time around.

Only a short report tonight.

R1: Slipped back to 13th after the start, then started gaining back either on track or passing folks in the Parabolica sand trap. After I got past John like that, he spent the next 10 laps chasing me down at about 1/2 second a lap, mostly through Parabolica. He finally got by me on Lap 15. That sent me back to P9, which was fine with me, except that I passed someone who ran out of fuel on the backstretch to get P8 back... that didn't bode well.

R2: Had tried a couple of clutch starts during W/U and it worked well, so figured I'd try it here so I could at least hold serve until Lesmos 1. Didn't work out that way - had a horrid start, then caught a slight tap that sent me into the fence. I figured I'd ride the fence until everyone passed, and then rejoin. Unforturnately there was a rock-solid hedgerow sticking out from the fence that sent me spinning back onto the track, taking out Blair and Philip (sorry guys - had no idea that was there).

In had an ok recovery in my qual to gather a reasonable lap time after stuffing the run into my qual lap and then coming wide in a couple of corners.

Race1 - was a good race though some drivers are a bit overly agressive when defending position on lapa 1,2 and 3 in a 19 lap race from my point of view and cause (or nearly cause) incidents. In the end i finsied in 4th for a good result.

Race 2 - This was not a good one. I have to give a huge apology to Rhys for hitting you. I had very little control at that time as my wheel came off the table and i was trying to push it back on to the table and steer and brake at the same time. (its much harder to do than you would think) As a result i let Ryhs gain posi on me and i was still fastening my wheel to the table again and as a result i lost a few more positions. This put me into the sights of Ryan who misjudged my and his braking and tagged my rear spinning me off. We both fell back to the rear or close to it and battled our way back up the pack for a reasonable finish for me of 12th.

Another photo finish between Yves and I. That's about as close as you can get. :)

Attachments

• capture_2010-08-15_23-41-51.jpg
    capture_2010-08-15_23-41-51.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 214
  • capture_2010-08-15_23-42-43.jpg
    capture_2010-08-15_23-42-43.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 218
Ah its all just a warm up for the big event tomorrow, np Eric, the hedgerow is pretty well transparent...

I had a low drag setup with 1+1 wing settings, but decided to use higher settings ( checked out Eric's setup, thanks) and had roughly same lap time with better drivablity...just one problem...lol

Race 1...Had a good start from 10th, passed a few in the Parabolic gravel and then had several good laps defending 7th from Blair, who was pushing hard, not sure what happened after that as I seemed to be able to pull out a bit of a cushion and eventually started catching Yves? closed the gap down to a second or so, ( Yves must have had a problem ), but never found out how it was going to end as I ran out of fuel half way through the last lap!!! ... oh yea...the higher down force setting

Race 2...ended up on my roof on fire half way down the front straight, oh well, that is racing for sure... Congratulations to Kieth and Yves, and thanks for the event Eric, hope to see you all on the high banks tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes