RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USAWTCC

Class: WTCC 06/07/STCC/ Vauxhall Vectra 2007

Track: Mugello GP

Weather: variable! use link for forecast
weather link

Start Time: 21:45 EDT / 18:45 PDT / 01:45 GMT (Saturday)
Practice: open server
Qualification: 10 mins SUPERPOLE
(9:45 PM EDST)
Warmup: 10 mins

Race: 2x13 laps 1 mandatory pit stop for 2 tires

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

It was an epic lap after lap race with no let up. I finally had to make an attempt on the final lap at T1, but you "knew" it was coming and you drove it clean enough that I couldn't make the move.

It would have been interesting to see how it would have turned out if I hadn't lost a few 0.010's of seconds with my pit stop. You pitted behind me. I got distracted trying to hit my stall since there was already a car there. Even though I know we are ghosted in the pit lane, it was hard to break the mind set of not hitting anyone. It was also hard to watch the count down as I was driving through cars. You got out just a hair ahead of me, and never let up.

Didn't we have a similar run in the GTs as well? Road America? We seem to be evenly matched when it comes to lap times, but we both have our own setup/driving style that makes one better in one section and then slightly less quick in another.

Look forward to more battles!

BTW Michael - thanks for the challenge in R2. You were killing me T1 and the diving left, my only saving grace is I knew I was a little faster through the final 2 corners, usually. Shades of Sebring.

The last time we raced WTCC here it was EPIC! Should not disappoint a second time around either. Italian week continues with a bonafide GP circuit!

Mugello Circuit (Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello) is a race track in the Mugello region of Italy near Florence. Its length is 5.245 km (3.259 mi). It has 15 turns and a long straight.
Grand Prix motorcycle racing host an annual event here (MotoGP and smaller classes). Also, the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters hold an annual event. The track is used for Formula One testing, mainly by Scuderia Ferrari. The first race of the A1GP 2008/09 season was originally planned to be held at the Mugello circuit on 21 September 2008. However, the race had to be cancelled due to the delay in building the new chassis for the new race cars.[1]

Road races were held on public streets (road racing) around Mugello since the 1920s. Giuseppe Campari won there in 1920 and 1921, Emilio Materassi in 1925, 1926 & 1928.
The Mugello GP was revived in 1955 and from the 1964 to 1969 as a Targa Florio-like road race consisting of eight laps of 66.2 km each, including the Passo della Futa of Mille Miglia fame. The anticlockwise track passed the towns of San Piero a Sieve, Scarperia, Violla, Firenzuola, Selva, San Lucia. It counted towards the 1965, 1966 and 1967 World Sportscar Championship season. The last WC race was won[2] by Udo Schütz and Gerhard Mitter on a Porsche 910. After two Porsche wins, the local fans could celebrate again in 1968, when the Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 driven by Luciano Bianchi, Nanni Galli and Nino Vaccarella prevailed over the Porsche driven by Rico Steinemann and Jo Siffert, and in 1969, when Arturo Merzario won with an Abarth 2000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mugello_Racing_Circuit_track_map.svg

Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson #5
  2. Keith Barrick #1
  3. Michael Carver
  4. Kevin Hopkins
  5. Robert Isles
  6. Willie Watt
  7. Daniel Wood
  8. Paul Wood
  9. Rhys Gardiner
  10. Marty Pierce
  11. Linus Brostrom
  12. Glenn Petersen
  13. Jesper Taulborg #2
  14. Claudio Caferi
  15. Daruisz Swiderski #4
  16. Ryan Callan
  17. Tyler Scurlock
  18. Eric Estes
  19. Mike Bell
  20. Glen Kabis
  21. Jarrod Keen
  22. Adam Vaughan #3
  23. Yuri Braham
  24. Stefan Werner
  25. Eric Orton
Reserves:

Michael van Sheppingen
Nicolas Hamilton

Sorry GUy the following will ahve to be removed form the race.

Porsche 997 RSR and Ferrari F430 mods.

I cannot recollect or recreate the file we need so this wil lhave to be scrapped for now until I can unravel the mystery in the future.

HOWEVER! This will liklely become the box standard class for racing on Sundays from here on out! VEry fun cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes