RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Dave ,i think you should post again here most of the important rules and the thing with pitstop and formation lap because here are alot of new drivers who could be disconected by autopilot at pits or crash at start. Just for safety,i am worried about this.

Anyway,i will write them down here.

IMPORTANT:
1. Don't use autopit because the game will freeze and will make a race over for you.It's a bug.
2. Don't start the race speeding as first lap is Formation Lap.No overtakings.If you crash during the Formation Lap,please wait untill all the field is passing and start the race from the back of the grid.

Cadwell Park is an enigma. A mysterious lady that one can't help but be drawn to. Beautiful curves and rolling hills. Fast. And dangerous. Mind your manners around her treacherous layout and she'll leave you feeling like you're the conqueror. Make one miscalculation, a minor misjudgement, negotiating her many intricate curves and she'll slap you down and send you home to reflect on your transgressions. No matter the outcome, though. No matter how badly you get burned. The allure of Cadwell is such that you want to return, no, Must return, and try again to conquer her cryptic beauty.

I've never finished a race at Cadwell without getting slapped down and sent to the pits. No matter. I love this track. There is a personality about her that keeps me wanting to come back.

I enter the paddock with my trusty Nvidia Honda in tow. I immediately see the much anticipated Vauxhall in many of the other pit stalls. Rumors had been swirling around the community about this new kid on the block and the radio is abuzz as the car starts putting down laps at Cadwell. No matter. Cadwell is more about racing the track than the cars around you. I set the car up using an old one offered up by Marty Pierce. As I couldn't set up a car to save my life, I often rely on the generosity of others. Marty can set up a Honda.

Twenty one drivers enter the event with the usual top tier drivers showing us how it's supposed to be done. I managed to grid 10th for the first race, which I was happy about.

Race 1 started rough and got worse for me. Going into the first turn I touch Steve Crossland and my car drifts across the track. I check up to keep from going off track and Paul Wood gets into me, spinning me around. It's not Paul's fault as he had nowhere to go as I crossed in front of him. Then, as I'm coming to a stop - still on track - Daniel Wood hits me. Again, nowhere for him to go. I get notification that my suspension is damaged as I get back on track. The damage seems minimal and I decide to keep racing. I get by a couple slower drivers before I get bit at T1, again. I'm behind Carl Gianetti but I'm gaining on him fast. I make a move outside heading up turn 1 - too fast - and I drift off track, and right into that unmoveable "Charlies" sign. Stops me dead in my tracks and I get the "Race Over" notification. The car is still running and I manage a couple more laps before the engine drops to 0%. Indeed, race over.

I start in the last spot for race 2. 20th position. This race I'm going to be very conservative and let the first lap sort itself out. Going into turn 1, up ahead, the Wood Brothers get into a tussle with Paul getting spun violently around. His brother pulls over and I move into 17th, following Carl Gianetti and Dave Flower.

Then I hear shouts of dismay from some of the front runners and pass Eric Nelson, who's made contact with the camera crane and spinning wildly. I get by Carl and move to the 15th spot. Thru the esses, Kevin Hopkins goes off track and up the berms and I'm into 14th going into the hairpin. I've got Dave Flower ahead of me in 13th and ahead of him are Jarrod Keen and Micheal Carver. Behind me, is Paul Wood, recovered from his 1st lap incident with his brother, Daniel. Darius's BMW is sitting off track in the Charlies waiting for the train to go by and I'm up to 13th. Dave seems to be struggling with his Vauxhall, but I'm driving conservatively this race. I tell myself to be patient and wait for a mistake. Now, coming down Mansfield, Steve Crossland has gone off track and is making his way back on. I'm in 12th now.

I brake late going into the left/right before heading up the mountain, Dave and I touch, and I concede the attempt. This slows my momentum enough to let Paul past me heading up the hill. The next lap, Kevin Hopkins outbrakes me in Mansfield and gains the spot, moving me back to 14th. Next lap, up ahead, Paul Wood loses it at coming out of the gooseneck and slides across Dave Flower, getting T-boned. Dave's able to continue, but we get past Paul and now I'm in 13th, again. Kevin and Dave are contesting 11th and 12th spots. Going into the sharp left toward the mountain, Dave brakes late and punts Kevin off track. I get past both of them, moving into 11th spot, chasing Michael Carver and Jarrod Keen, and, with Steve Crossland close behind me.

The pit window is open and Michael radios to me that he will be pitting. I respond that I will be following him in. We pass Jarrod in the esses as he's gone off track and up a berm. The 'lady' slaps another one down...

I enter the pits in the 11th spot and come out in 13th as Steve C. goes by me as I'm reentering the track.
Feeling better about this race, I reassess my goals. First - Just finish. Second - get a top 10. For me that's a victory as this track has been cruel to me in the past.

Dave Flowers is sliding thru the grass at 'Charlies' and I'm up to 12th. I then pass Paul Wood as he's coming out of the pits moving me to 11th. As I'm gaining on Steve and Michael I get a little hot in the esses and bounce off some tires going into the hairpin. This let's Paul get by me again. After a few seconds of racing I'm relieved to NOT hear the call that I've got damaged suspension or aero. I spend the next few laps following Paul and Michael and concentrating on just putting in good laps. Then I hear one of the front runners having trouble. It's Adam Vaughn. He went off track at 'Charlies' and lost his front bumper. He struggles with his car, going off again before 'gooseneck', where I get by, and into 11th.

The next lap, Michael, drops two tires, coming off of T1 and spins his car. I am now 10th. With only a couple laps to go, I move to 9th for unknown reasons. Another one bites the dust. "At least it's not me." I'm thinking. Then, last lap, and Steve Crossland goes off track through the esses and I get by for 8th place and finish with him just behind me.

I'm relieved, and happy to have finished this race without incident. A first for me. There was a lot of good racing out there. Good sportsmanship and cool heads, necessary for Cadwell. Kudos to the podium in both races and to all of us that survived.

I load up the car, satisfied that, though I didn't conquer her, I garnered a bit of respect out of her - Cadwell Park, that is.

Thanks to RD, Eric, and all the drivers for producing a great event!

and about the lapping car????..... i think that is important that everyone use the same strategy for lapping cars..... what will the rules for that??? will be the usual "Lapped cars must go out from the race line and let the fast car pass" or it will be like endurance series where is the fast car that must go outside the race line while the lapped car will stay in the race line????

i forgot to ask this thing in 2 weeks of waitint..... :\ so sry if i am late with this question!!!

and about the lapping car????..... i think that is important that everyone use the same strategy for lapping cars..... what will the rules for that??? will be the usual "Lapped cars must go out from the race line and let the fast car pass" or it will be like endurance series where is the fast car that must go outside the race line while the lapped car will stay in the race line????...

It is the 2nd option... although at least I will try to do the first option when possible.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back