RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Gabor Feher

great races !
Sorry to Mtommi @ race1, that corner is "not my favourite" and had many problems with the brake distance :\ sorry :(
race2 was really exciting, i started from 16th and finished in 6th, thx the race Daniel ;>

Great fun racing with the "Yanks", thanks for having me aboard.
This was a pretty tricky track to get right, one very tiny mistake was heavily penalised. Typical of me, I go out in the first practice lap and get fastest time with a 1.32.8. Come Qualy though, and I can't even get close to that time. :rolleyes: So after many attempts and no luck, I added my race fuel and setup and went for a practice with it, only to put in my fastest time and grab P3 from William.

Race 1: Managed to hold P3 for most of the first lap until we hit the corkscrew. After Yves warning everybody to be careful, guess who speared off there in fine style (cough...Yves...cough). That left me 2nd behind Sol, and I could more or less stay with him until I went gravelling , dropping me into the clutches of Pierre. I managed to pull away and open a nice gap to 3rd until the last lap when I spun at the corkscrew. I just held on for 2nd.

Race 2: Much more eventful, starting from P7. Everyone seemed to stay clean and I sneaked up to P5 behind Steve, and made a couple of attempts to pass but couldn't get it done cleanly. I then decided to sit back and hope for a mistake, but Steve wasn't going to oblige. Unfortunately, we caught up to Pierre and he and Steve had a coming together on the last lap, gifting me P3. Well it was my birthday after all, so thanks guys.

Looks like the North American group is gathering strength, great to see. Look forward to joining you again.

Congrats to Sol for the two wins and thanks to everyone else for showing up. And, also to Warren on his birthday no less.:becky: I think we had 10 on the grid which was our largest turnout to date. We're getting there...:)

It was a weird night for me as I felt totally out of synch with the car and track and mostly just tried to stay out of trouble. Warren dogged me pretty nicely in race 2 and thought he was going to pass me for a whole bunch of laps. Think I was just fast enough to be an annoyance...:) lol It looked like Warren was going to take a shot at me at the corkscrew, so I stayed over as long as I could to let him through. But, eventually, I had to move back on line and think I cost him a couple of seconds when he had to adjust. I guess no good deed goes unpunished, eh?:) Not sure exactly what happened with Pierre on lap 10. I put a nice inside pass on him when he went wide in T1, but we came together in T4. I didn't look at the replay, but think I went a bit wide and lost some momentum in T4 as it felt like my tires were going off. Then, I think Pierre came up the inside and the inevitable happens when two cars try occupy the same space at the same time.:) Just one of "those racing things"...

As a final note I think we should pay homage to Yves for conscientiously pointing out the perils of the Corkscrew on lap 1 and then diligently demonstrating what happens when one doesn't pay attention to said advice.:D

And..., on a final final note I would like to welcome Warren back any time to our races. Just don't expect any more last lap gifts. Even on your birthday.:D

'Til the next time guys...:thumb:

• Chris Noble

Yeah no problem Daniel, I know your a fair racer normally :)

It was great racing with the BMW and nice side by side fun, previously got overtaken on the inside AND outside into turn 1 which was funny!

Problem was I was beside the BMW and your tap pushed my front towards him which led me to counter steer, then hitting the side of the BMW made the counter steer way too much shooting me off the track into the barriers very hard with black smoke and fire appearing! end of the race.

if the bmw was not there then may be could have saved it, but thats racing! was great fun up to then!

Hey Cam, could you change my entry so that I'm using my personal skin Ian Wells made for me? This is what it will look like:

capture_2008-08-26_17-01-34.JPG

Download here: NoGrip :: Race 07 Downloads - Alfa Romeo 156 - Team SS06

Attachments

• Alfa screen.JPG
    Alfa screen.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 179
  • Edward Leake

Well I think I managed 12th (I think) in the second race starting from last (24th) on the grid.

I had the run on Matthew Parr out of the last turn and would have easily taken him for the line but he edged me over and over until I just touched the grass and lost momentum - fair play, good racing. :)

I really didn't get on with the Toledo, I found it just understeered constantly, under braking I simply couldn't get it to turn-in and that's a problem because I normally trail brake a LOT! Ok it was the default setup for me but still, didn't think it would be that bad, if I'm honest I didn't really enjoy the Toldeo.

Found I was on the pace of the top 5-6 cars for a lap and then I would understeer off and drop the car, again on the pace of hte lead pack... then understeer off the next lap. LOL!

Good to see qualification times VERY close again, top 12 cars within 1 second of each other.

Had great fun myself even though i did get my ass kicked :redface:
First wtcc race i have tried a fwd car and boy do i have a lot to learn. First race i lost the front end twice @ the same place, first time was lap 3 when a tangle with some tyres left the alfa looking like a toothless shark and i managed to limp back to the pits for repairs to suspension and to fit a new front spoiler, came out of the pits right in the middle of the pack so spent the next couple of laps pulling over as the blue flags came think n fast. I managed to work it back up to P17 when witharound 2 laps to go i did the same again but this time i got a punture so rather than be the mobile chicane and limp back to the pits i pushed esc.
Race 2 i had a bit better luck, although i did pick up some damage to my suspension on lap one, i was busy looking for a way to avoid the cars spinning in front of me when i got a tap from behind my someone trying to do the same (i think) which sent me sliding into the nose of Mtommi Tam but my car did not feel too bad so i just continued without pitting. So i just managed to keep it mostly between the white lines apart from one little grass tracking adventure which cost me 2 or 3 places :redface: so i ended up in 15th which after starting in 19th was not too bad.
So congrats to both the podium and to all who finished the event, nice one guys.

Those were some fun races for me, mostly because I finished both.

After I set a new PB yesterday morning, I thought I was ready to take pole, but as always once I got online I was struggling to come within a second of it. Finally put a good lap together and moved into 3rd qually spot only to have Warren nab it from me at the last few seconds. :) I didn't mind though as it was his birthday - and he was clearly driving better than me last night.
Race 1 - I think I lost a spot at the start - still trying to figure out how to start - and was in 5th until the corkscrew, that is when Yves had his unfortunate 1st lap crash, and I sat in 4th for the rest of the race, I thought a few times I may be able to get past Pierre, but every time he made a little mistake, I seemed to make one too.
Race 2 - Really bad start, I think I was almost last, but was able to hang on and drive an ok race to finish in 5th I think, thanks to Steve's last lap problems.
So, very enjoyable racing, fun bunch of guys and thanks to Yves for the setup work.

Also I was glad to here that Corey enjoyed his first race here at RD. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back