RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualifying: Initially 6th, but when we re-qualified I couldn't match it and started 12th. This track is SO hard to get just right.

Race 1: Terrible. I had an okay start, watching the '87 Bimmers shoot past me, and from then on it went downhill fast. I went down to the back after letting Marty by due to an avoidable accident. From then on it was uneventful, until I took my pit stop. I slammed into one of the concrete barriers at the entrance, and despite the engine running, Autopit had taken over and I couldn't move the car. So, race over and starting at the back... but thanks for offering to push me Marty. :wink2:

Race 2: I at least finished this one, but the experience was even worse than Race 1. At the start, I was blindsided and knocked to the infield before the field even got to T1. From then on, again, it went downhill. I witnessed many collisions around me, and was involved in a few myself - all down to the compact nature of this track. The only upsides were some nice racing with Warren, Jarrod, Abdul and a few others (at one point there was a 4-car chain battling for 10th), getting my pit stop right, and finishing. It was a 10th, but I was nonetheless grateful for not crashing out.

Gary, If I was one of the people who hit you, I fervently apologise. Please don't leave us because of what happened today. I think that the collisions were less attributable to the drivers but more to the track. With the large fields we've been getting lately, the tracks we've been using are just too small for the events. We must stay away from 40-50 second tracks - I propose a policy of 1-minute lap times, minimum, in order for a circuit to be included in our events, to stop things like this happening in the future.

See ya'z at Warwick Farm, where the circuit's less cluttered...

^^ totally agree ... banzai runs with not much praccy on tracks I barely know using slightly tweaked default setups FTW :D

Just watched my own race 2 ... poor result relative to the other races but excellent fun dicing with Rob ... thought I had lost it so many times but we kept reeling each other in ... I just watched that last corner mate, you must have been proper gutted when I stole it so close to the line ... almost feel sorry for yas ... almost :wink2:

Had good time last night in the mini's, it wasn't my night tho (again) :( had a few good fights in all the races In the 1st race me and Lewis came together after I thought I'd passed him and he spun, sry for that Lewis :nod:
The other two races didn't go much better and my night ended with a burning mini at the end of the last race after I missed the 1st corner and hit the wall. Thanks to Andrew for this event and to the rest for some great racing :good:

Race 3 ... first up - Yuri, you went off in T1, hopefully that was none of my doing and you just overcooked it? 1000 apologies if it was my fault, but I am and was 99.99999% certain it was of your own doing that you took to the grass, and there was not contact on my side so I kept going - hope that is all cool?

Just checked the replay ...
I was indeed right Yuri, you did overcook it trying to outbrake me and all was clean on my side :peace2:

^^ totally agree ... banzai runs with not much praccy on tracks I barely know using slightly tweaked default setups FTW :D

Just watched my own race 2 ... poor result relative to the other races but excellent fun dicing with Rob ... thought I had lost it so many times but we kept reeling each other in ... I just watched that last corner mate, you must have been proper gutted when I stole it so close to the line ... almost feel sorry for yas ... almost :wink2:

Yeah, I just wanted to take it slow as I though the line was abit closer you came flying up behind me and I was wrong.. Clean racing apart from a few taps along the way :bang:

absolutly fantastic nights raceing :smile-big:

Race 1: started 4th or 5th got of the line well and followed Lee through turn 1 nicking a place of yuri. by lap 2 gary and Lee had ran wide handing me the lead. with Gary and Lee fighting i managed to pull out a good lead. but towards the end gary was closing and was tripping over backmarkers. but thankfully the checked flag came out before gary got chance to pass :handshake:

Race 2: started on slicks about 6th, almost stalled of the line but a lack of wheel spin saw me pass a few cars and was 3rd on lap 2, but completly forgot to brake early and went of twice lossing the places i gained earlyer. halfway point and i was getiing used to the grip and was closing on david and lewis. got past david and almost caught lewis and finished 4th.

Race 3: my favorite track of the night, got off the line ok and tooked in behind Michael, after a few great and close laps i got a run out of the chicane and slipped past. a lap or 2 later i got a good run on lee on the staright forcing him to defend the inside so i pulled left to take the racing line and cut back on the inside which almost worked, as we went side by side out of T1 i didnt fancy the outside line for t2 so backed of, althoug a little farther back i tried the same move i did on Michael, which was going well but i needed an extra dab of brakes to prevent running wide just as Lee was tring to switch back hehe :doh2:
once past i got my head down and managed to pull a good gap and finished 2nd :handshake:

great racing by all, chuffed to bits with my 1st, 4th and 2nd palce finnishes, big thanks to Andy and RD :smile-big:

I think that the collisions were less attributable to the drivers but more to the track. With the large fields we've been getting lately, the tracks we've been using are just too small for the events. We must stay away from 40-50 second tracks - I propose a policy of 1-minute lap times, minimum, in order for a circuit to be included in our events, to stop things like this happening in the future.

I can't really agree with this, most of the incidents occurred in the opening lap, first couple of turns, as usual. It wouldn't matter what size track we are on, there are still the same number of cars heading into some turns. You can't blame the track.
The whole point of the STCC events is tighter tracks, and we should all be able to drive them as cleanly as any other track, it just requires some patience and consideration. I don't see too much wrong with the track selections, incidents can / will occur on any track (take Monza for example, long track, and I haven't raced there yet without pile-ups at turn 1). The key issue is that with more care and patience, the incidents can be minimised, and when they do occur, it would change the atmosphere with a simple apology and waiting for the other car to recover.

Please guys, lets not blame the tracks, we are supposed to know how to drive more safely, and most of the incidents today weren't caused by novice drivers. These are Racing Club events, not serious Leagues, so lets take some responsibility for our own driving standards.

I don't disagree that we could use longer tracks but I watched both races and the vast majority of the contact was indeed on the first half of lap one.

The key to passing really comes down to entitlement and etiquite. Turn Divebombing and pushing out the driver in front of you is certainly not the way to gain a position. The rule of thumb that we should use is IF you can get to the inside line on the car ahead of you and IF your car is visable to him (nose of your car atleast to his door where he can see you) then you can keep your line in the next turn. Otherwise you should back out and give him the racing line.

This certainly makes it tougher to pass but that makes it fun. You've gotta earn every spot!!!

Funtime last night. Will put up a wrapup later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes