RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Wow, my first Race!!!!

Sorry Chris, I am not sure what happened when we crashed, I guess you were in my dead angel and I cut your road? In case I miss behaved, please let me know what I should have done!

Otherwise:
Interesting experience, race 1 went nearly as expected for me till the moment I got Stop-and-Go because I went out of the Chicane to the other side. Afterwards I managed to catch up with somebody while I was overtaken my the leading group!

Race 2 went even better...till (sorry again) the above mentioned accident. While trying to escape afterwards I was trying to hard and did not make one corner which was the end!

Dietmar

Anyway looking forward to next occasion! Congrats to the rest!

well, it starts very badly, couse i had some performancs problems. I checked graphic card's driver - ATI Catalist - settings and dropped back details and resollution, so it became quite well.
qual: not my cup of tea, i was somewhere in the back of the stack.

Race 1. I sleeped at start a bit, then i had a great fight with.Neil Tannant, lasts for the 3rd lap. After the first corner i became into the inner side and suddenly spotted a black car it was LAászlo Miskolci's black Chevy, he made the rookiest mistake, tried to turn back on the track :), cant do anything hit him, Puncture, and i can hardly handle my car, it kept to the left a bit, it ruined my race, thought i give up, but went to the pit, changed tyre and finished the race in the lucky 13th position.

Race2: started better than previous one, had some great fight with a broxman in the yellow Seat, finally came in in 8th psition and scooped up a point.

I quess im satisfied with this, it was my first R07 online race. I'll be back next time :)

• Grant Daly

Got a question that will probably help those who race here again in a few more hours...
How many litres do you find is best for a race here at 17 laps?
Thanx, G...
PS Yeah too bad Ross tho see you later man...

Qual Pole with 1:28.632 :D

Got the power down reasonably well,but so did Maurice on my inside for T1,i went nice and wide and nailed T1 as best i could and held the lead,Maurice could keep pace round lap one and two then i go into a good rythym as the tyres came up and pulled a nice cushion,still managed a tyre warning on lap 14,but seems my chasers were suffering there too now,and probably battling,enjoyed the rare experience of leading and how to try and maintain concetration and generally manage the car properly to the finish,no spins,no mistakes worth mentioning.
Race2 from 8th was a blast from start to finish :thumb:.
I chose extreme caution for this one not putting my pink nose in where it was already too busy,mainly guys ahead falling off gave me places until i was to 3rd behind Maurice,now the work begins,great close battling with Maurice,i think a nice movie clip for someone there,closing down Oliver in 2nd was again a notch up in pace and effort,i really enjoyed our tussle there m8,again i think another bit of movie classic there,thanks for you awareness and making the room for that pass to go smooth m8 :thumb:.
James sums up the final showdown for the win perfectly,and with more details than i was aware of anyway,an old habit of mine of getting a bit too close on the run down to braking zone,and not seeing enough ahead to work with,i had the option of using the back of James's bimmer to help slow me down,but chose the going off wide option instead,glad i managed to avoid whatever the cost tbh.

Two really good fun races tonight,many thanks RD organisers and Thanks all fellow racers tonight :thumb:.

Got a question:

Somebody mentioned the reply, how do I load such files? Downloaded once one, put it into the Reply folder but it did not get recognized?

The Seat could have been me, am not sure! Was it green? I think I was around 10. before I went off.

Group 2

Qualifying

Karl took pole early on in the session, but one lap later I put in an ever-so-slightly quicker lap to take it from him. I held on to it despite Karl really pushing like crazy, but in the final minute while I was starting my very last run, Ben popped up at the top of the timesheets. I made a little mistake in the first sector which dropped any chance of me putting in a last-second dash. Grats Ben! P2.

Race 1

I got a great start and launched into the lead from the line and started to eke out a gap, but at around lap 7, my tyres started to overheat slightly due to me forgetting to take a bit of camber and pressure off the tyres from the qualifying setup, enabling Karl to close up.

Unfortunately he outbraked himself or ran wide coming into T4 (the right hander after the first long straight), giving me a large gap to maintain to the finish. P1.

Race 2

Starting P8, I was held up slightly by a slow starting Chevrolet a few rows in front, but I kept my nose clean; while sticking it behind people's exhausts though, of course. I managed to get through a few positions on the opening lap, and ended up applying pressure on Chris Vick for 3rd - I saw his setup was giving him some oversteer on some of the corners, so I waited for an opportune moment, which came. :)

Ultimately, I ended up wedged behind Laszlow for a few laps, until I saw a gap half way around the last corner, which I promptly stuck my nose into. When the gap stabilised at around 4 seconds, I started to back off and take it safely to the line. P1.

Bit of a shame that I was deprived of a long lasting fight with Karl after our qualifying escapades, but I'm sure we'll have plenty of other chances :).

Very enjoyable racing tonight, and some new people that right from the off I felt I could trust on the road, well done guys!

Thanks to everyone in Group1 for a fantastic event. This really was a track that grew on you. In practice I hated it, by the end of race 2 I would have gladly done another 20 laps:thumb:

So practice was lame - 1.35.xxx then I remembered Warren's setup for the Alfa - cheers Warren, helped a lot:D Did a bit of tinkering with Warren's setup and ended up qualifying in 9th with a PB 1.31.8xx. I was over the moon with that.

Race 1, almost stalled on the grid so got away in last, got past a few spinners and then it happened!! I'd been eyeing up my one real overtaking spot at the esses before the start/finish. On lap 5 Mr von Glan was right in front of me when I thought I'd have a pop... and it worked!!! Got so excited I nearly put it off in the next bend but held on. Probably not the best overtake you'll ever see but one of my first 'eye it up and go for it's' in Race 07. Rest of the race I was pretty much on my own to slowly appreciate this brilliant track. Oh and then ran out of fuel on the last lap:rolleyes:

Race 2, I started on pole...but that wasn't going to last and inevitably after a couple of misjudged corners I was at the tail again. Still never mind I was now having a ball:D Enjoyed a bit a dicing with Mr Pavlov and Mr Daly and even found bit of room and confidence for a bit of a drift or two:evil: Hard luck Grant for running out of fuel half way round the last lap I passed him on got 7th. Had a scare going into the esses for the final time, engine spluttering and then cutting out just at the start of the start/finish straight. Just managed to dump the clutch and roll over the line to finish.

Overall, a fantastic track, brilliant group of drivers, I'm chuffed to bits.

Simon.

P.S Does this track exist for GTL? Would make for a bit of a challenge.

Got a question that will probably help those who race here again in a few more hours...
How many litres do you find is best for a race here at 17 laps?
Thanx, G...
PS Yeah too bad Ross tho see you later man...

Cant remember the litres count,but race one i fuelled for 20 laps,and was sh*ttin' myself for the last lap and half!,sure i wouldnt make it,knocked it up a couple of clicks for race2 to 21 laps worth for no sweat finish.

• Grant Daly

Yeah Simon well done mate it was an awesome fun race I know I learnd heaps
I am pretty sure that I got to race a few laps with Gary I think? tho I had to concede when I got the fuel warning at lap14 I wasw sooo close to getting to the finish I thought till I see you had to Clutch and roll the finish Simon... lol

Race one I tried to pit but I couldn't get started again to get back out wierd???

Thanks Gary I'll be shure to have enuf for 22 then lol...
Anyway. really great really great... :Hamm3rHed:

That was fabulous fun for me. What a brilliant track, hope you were all smileing for the camera's that kept flashing away.

Qualy P4, good for me.

Race 1: With three BMW's behind I knew I'd get blown away at the start but Jari got a little blocked (partly by me sorry) so I held P6 early and moved to P4 with spins in front. Then had a great race with Simon's Alfa hot on my heels for a few laps until he went off. My mirrors were then full of David's pink Pug, what a sight, and he stayed there for most of the race until I managed to pull away a little late in the race. I finished a comfy P3 and amazingly in front of Jari (probably wont happen again :) ).

Race 2: Started P7 and held that for a while but with yet another pink car, Gary's Chevy, in the mirrors. He eventually slipped past leaving me hot on Maurice's tail. We had a terrific race nose to tail all race, but I just couldn't find a way to pass him and eventually over cooked the tyres trying. Finished P5 just behind Maurice's Honda.
Great race Maus, I really enjoyed following you. :thumb:

Thanks to everyone who raced, hope you had as much fun as I did.
Did I mention what a sensational track this is. :cool:

• Grant Daly

I put in 40 litres for race 1 and just made it home. Put in 42 for race 2 and got a warning in last lap. My guess is I needed 44 litres to be safe.

Cheers Woz,

I won't fail the Oceania Race to finish that is LOL...
But I fully got in some really real racing in race 2 it was like the V8's today at Hidden Valley man I was loving it thanks for your effort man...

I actually got to 5th for like 1 lap in race 2 and held a 6th spot for most of that race also.... :D

Cya this evening.. :Hamm3rHed:

Some free advice for everyone in this event. After running the FD Series event here just now, we all found out that you need more fuel than you think for this track.

I used 42 litres for race 2 and got a warning for the last lap. So you may need even more if you have a few off's.

until i lost around 2 seconds behind Eckhart, as he didn't move over enough to let me past - not sure if he didn't see me, or what happened, but some of my lead was then gone.

hehe, just trying to make the race a bit more interesting :)

sorry, just a joke; in reality I was having the time of my life just keeping that e90 on the track so most of the blue flag moments in race1 i took a ride in the grass to be on the safe side, by the time you came up in race 2 i felt confident enough to stay on the gray stuff, but tried to find a spot to pull over safely.

quali: two years of almost exclusive fwd virtual racing (Chevy) left me a passenger most of the time in the beemer. I found about an hour to practice during the week and moved down from 2:04 (honest!) to 1:36sth. In quali I was up to 1:35sth. but spent most of my time trying to get used to riding with full tanks (20 laps).

race1: even a noob like me can do a start in the beemer, moved up a couple of places and after some guys producing brilliant dustclouds on my screen (long live the smoke-mod!) I was up to 9th in lap2. I then tried to fall back in a civilized fashion, had a little tiff with Oliver and got a little push by sb. else. After about seven laps my tires were utterly shot, I guess riding a rwd like a fwd is not a good idea ... Dropped out in lap9 to avoid being a nuisance.

race2: another nice start but going into the chicane, david gave me a knock (sorry, my breakpoints in this car are even worse than in the chevy ...) and we both spun off. So I was last right from the beginning, which made for a bit of a lonely race. I tried to get a better grip on the rwd but since i had had no coach, i still didn't get it. finished the race this time, twice lapped but still walking tall :)

A pity so many guys signed up and never appeared, 15 is a bit of a small grid.

Also; I had hoped to get a little more response to my post/question during the week on how to set up and ride a RWD car, after all this is the friendly DEVELOPMENT series, how to develop if almost noone helps you?

hope you were all smileing for the camera's that kept flashing away.

lol, they were even taking photos of me, stupid buggers.

Thanks to everyone who raced, hope you had as much fun as I did. Did I mention what a sensational track this is. :cool:

Thx to you and the guys at RD for setting this up, an enjoyable evening after a superb day (running 10km and playing tennis with my 11 year old son, who for the first time in his life put a shot or two past me, gee, he was happy as a clown!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back