RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Warren , is it possible for me to join the FD races? I think that it's a good experience for me to learn.
I am a little late because I overlooked this wan
ps recommendation of the car to use ?

No problem Hans, you're in the list.
I put you down for a Seat Leon (it's pretty forgiving and quick), probably good for a starter. Please feel free to change it if you want, since this is your first drive in an FD event.

I have popped my setup for the Alfa 156 in the setup forum here:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/alfa-romeo-156/5232-alfa-romeo-156-2007-mid-ohio-chicaned.html

Also the hotlap file is here:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/107963-post19.html

May be helpful to someone.

thx Warren
since im not so fast so far, but i can make stable laps in longer term, i prefer longer races - at least 1 hour like the last one in GTL - but ur set and replay meke me a solid 2 mp improovment, so now i can 1:31ish time in mid ohio..after 50 laps on track and about 100 laps with Race07 :)

• Stirb Iuliu

I'm not sure I can race tonight. I want to race so much but I get lost connection all the time, on every single server.

It's explained right here.
Connection lost Bug - RaceSimCentral Forums

I gave up trying to find solutions.
The only exception is saturday night on official Championship servers when, happily, I'm not dropped out.

have fun ross

praccy* verry funny got a top 5th time

qually* was not that good only plce 8th was expecting some fun race but in the second the server swaped over to race session
my bloody f****** PC decides to just make a reboot by him self o.O

wish you all a lot fun and i hope to read some cool reports

Qualy: 1:30:1xx gave me 5th on the grid

Race 1: Decent start, but i didn't manage to get higher than 3rd which meant i had to back off a little at the first corner to avoid running wide into other cars. It was going well until i braked for the right hander at the end of the back straight... as when i turned it i felt a jolt and the car spun around. Olly had tried to brake late, but locked the brakes and ran into me - fancy that, punted off by my league team mate :p. This put me in 12th place, and from there i had to work my way back up the field. After a few quick laps and a few passes i was chasing Simon who was running at a decent pace, and i wasn't catching by a huge amount. However, Simon understeered off at the chicane and this moved me up to 6th place. I then chased the cars infront and by the 15th lap i was up behind David Lemon. I tried to find a way around, but this i couldn't manage to get past as the BMW's tyres were long since dead. Finished in 6th place, but then got promoted to 5th when Michael's pc crashed.

Race 2: Started in 4th and made a great start and held the lead into the first corner. I then tried to pull away from Olly, but he was able to keep on the bumper for a few laps. Then, he locked it up at the same corner he did in race 1 and this gave me a small lead of around 2.5 seconds. Then i started to pull away as the cars behind had a battle, which gave me a lead of around 7 seconds. Gary Lennon managed to pass Olly, and then the gap started to come down a bit every lap until i lost around 2 seconds behind Eckhart, as he didn't move over enough to let me past - not sure if he didn't see me, or what happened, but some of my lead was then gone. Gary continued to catch me up until i made a small mistake on the brakes which moved him to within 2.5 seconds. This was followed by having to put a lap on Yassen Pavlov, who moved over straight away, but i messed up my line through the chicane which lost me some time. For the last few laps the gap stayed around 1 second, until Gary managed to get to within half a second. He then promptly outbraked himself and ran wide into the turn at the end of the back straight, which gave me a 3 second gap, and a easy last lap to take the win.

• Grant Daly

What a great race!!!

Although I had DNF's for the 2 races (Not enuf Fuel) Won't make that mistake the next time. Appart from that I only had 9 laps in the first race and konked out just comming outa Thunder valley in race 2 last lap ARRRGHH lol but I did manage to get in some smooth racing in between made a few clean passes tok a few too and had quite a few laps of real nice close racing with a few guys. All in all I learnt HEAPS and had a ball..

So Grats to the organisers, and looking forward to my third race here at RD...

Later all :Hamm3rHed:

I had a okay sort of race. But brilliant qualy
Qualifed on pole with a 1:29.2 could of been 1:28 but ran out of fuel.

I rolled it on the first lap so i was last and i came through the field to come 5th.

In race two i started 5th, i got a good start to p2 but then i spun it so i was last again :( I came back through the field to 5th and on the last corner i overtook someone to get p4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes