RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Erik Åhlen

Breaks away from all the unhappy comments and says that I had a total blast here :)

Race 1: started third after putting my first ever 1.59 on this track :) Came off in fifth I think. Must have been some free beer advertisement in the pit lane on first lap lol. At least lots of people diving in there :p Up to second and held that position for the rest of the race

Race 2: Wow. Me, David and Canuck (Kent too for some time :)) had an awesome battle first 7/8 laps. Dunno how many times we swifted places, but fun it was :) Must thank these guys for incredibly clean racing. There were some small hits but nothing too serious. But nothing lasts forever, and when Baron got first place he created a small gap off about three seconds. Last few laps I was just going faster and faster and could almost make it second. As Chris said, two more laps (edit: and i would run out of fuel) :)

Group 1

Had 2 very good races tonight which surprised me as monza is not a track i do well at,the starts were fantastic,i dont think ive ever seen such care and manners at monza first turns before,the main battle for me was with Beep for 3rd place,constant changing places where we were better/worse at different parts of the track,never once we touch,many times side by side giving room,this is kind of racing i bought the game for!,i dont know,but i dont think Beep enjoyed it much? :confused:,i think that kind of racing is about as good as it gets m8,unfortunately about lap 10 i think you lost it and went sideways just ahead of me at Lesmo1 :frown:,ofcourse i do brake to try and avoid,but its not possible,my knock to your front wing seemed to just get your bimmer pointing the right way again,but ofcourse this was enough for a very slippery Jari to sneak through and take the place,like a ferret down a rabbit hole he was! :biggrin: :tongue:.
Race 2 looked a bit more "busy" at turn one this time,but thankfully all the guys behind me took the same caution approach i did,and i think almost everyone got through more or less ok again?,i found myself having some more great racing with Beep again in race 2,and again no contact at all,even side by side at places you really dont want to be side by side at monza :eek:,so very happy i joined in tonight,now i will need some more soon,,,,see what you RPM guys have gone and done!?! :biggrin: :wink: .

Many Thanks Admins and staff for allowing me to race,and for your time and efforts to make it all possible.

Group 2

I second Bram. I got hit from behind braking for parabolica, and it knocked me all the way to the wall. Rac 1 over before first lap.

Second race went better. Started last, but stayed mostly clean (couple of minor offs/spins), and finished in 8th (mostly due to others problems). After lap 1, I'm not sure that I passed more than 1 car that was on the track.

For my first ever event, I think that I drove OK, but the first race wasn't much fun. I got smarter in the second race, and stayed away from folks as much as I could.

Well, I'll be back to try again I think.

Cheers!

Chris

MartynD said:
Group 2 Race 2... couple chevys in front of me are slow off the line.. the guy behind me isn't.. race over before I even got to the line. Ahh well, half of the event was awesome +)

yep, I think the fast guy (for once) was me, there was a nice lil' road block 800 m into the race with enough speed to hit wall, puncture and splitter lost, hobbled to pits, 1min to change tires, rejoined in 21st and brought my Blue Flag Alfa home in 11th, lol.
Race1 was way better, had some nice fights in 14th - 17th and then got a stopngo when my tires started to fade way too early (lap8). i actually like the new strict marshalls at Monza: no bribes and very clean lines by everyone!
if we could only learn to get through lap1 before the tournie starts.
thx RSC - RPM for a great race-night.

Group 1

Race 1

Ok start, just tried to stay out of trouble and managed to do so. Spent a while behind a couple of Seats before losing a bit of time, pushed to catch back up before losing the backend ever so slightly, clipping the tyre wall on the inside of the exit of Lesmo 2. The most tiny amount of damage but the game wasn't going to let me continue, engine dead :(. Should make a good shot if anyone makes videos.

Race 2

My aim this time was to finish. Starting from 18th (/19) managed to get a solid start around a couple people to end up behind Atti. Following Atti & garcia for a couple laps before all hell broke lose at the first chicane, no idea what happened, just alot of black smoke. Eventually, Passing Garcia, and then behind Paulieboy & Jamie Wilson. Getting past Paulie after a slight mistake, then passing Jaime as he went off at the parabolica.
Just concentrated on finishing after this point, passed greg for another position on the 2nd to last lap, brought the car home.
The BMW lasted quite well on tyres, though unlike the Seats & Chevy's I couldn't attack the kerbs, so I had not problems with stop & go's.

Baron-Rouge[NO-B];94970 said:
Very good evening for me.
Thanks to the pilots that I saw on the track, very fair play "nevermind, seb, kent and other .

thank for the race :)

I forgot to Add Congratso to Baron for his Wins,and all the other alien podium monkeys,,,,and also nice to see people putting their real life pictures for the Avatar like you do Baron :) :tongue:.

wel i had a great time.. and even tho alot of guys where getting stop and go's.. dont aim for the curbs on monza.. i Qaulified 7th putting my Alfa GTA on the grid as the fastest alfa in qauly Server 2.. and then the race started and after the first chicane i was 5th.. following the guys infront.. when alonso braked to late just hitting the guy infront of him.. i tabbed his rear bumper in the progress and got spun... but i didn't give up hope and with my renewed faith int he GTA.. i worked back up to 7th... where i had a great fight with D lemon and his seat.. for a bunch of laps... and finished 4th :)

2nd race there was a bit of a touch infront of me with a seat and a chevvy.. i evaded the seat and chevvy just... and found myself driving 3rd... and then 2nd... and i was like OMG!.. then Ocin pulled up.. toke my nice sweet spot away and for laps on end i found myself driving 2 secs behind him and CrazyDoc. when i had a few secs gap behind me i started taking it easy to spare tires.. and finished a decent 3rd...

wich feels like Victory for my old Rust.. uhm Alfa GTA.... besides the fact that alot of poeple got there stop and go's :)

Group 2

Seems you had some trouble at server #1. I think we had a smoother experience here, although some incidents happend too. (edit: Just read Attis and Brams posts ... seems you had a lot of good action too )

Quallified P1 with a very small gap to Christopher A. The funny thing about that is that I it was the first timed lap in Quali with maximum fuel. I just wanted to test for the race start :biggrin:. Later with less fuel I had some quicker split times but never made it better.

Race 1: As always with the BMW there are no problems with a good start so I kept the lead, hunted by Christopher and Robert. Unfortunately both had a bad moment so I could only go on and reading the news in the chat.

Race 2: Starting in the crowd is quite challenging every time again. I tried to make up some positions but also watched to do no harm to others. I relaxed the first laps to allow the leading cars to get a little space between each other and then made me on to move forward. Finally there was a cool fight against CrazyDoc for several laps and after I managed to pass him I went off in Parabolica :eek: the following lap so we had the same close situation once again.

Thx for setting this up and all on the server! Its allways nice to meet you.

Nico

group 2 races

Fun, Fun, Fun, My first club races and it was a blast. I just got my wheel about two weeks ago and Used Jamie's setup coaching to get it going. I is so much better then a gamepad it is unbelievable. I got a horrible start in both races but had a crash and penalty free first race to finish 9th, sadly just out of the points, and a ways back from leader Ocin. I didn't have to many good battles just a few quick passes and an event free finish. Second race was more fun even though i got pushed into the wall on 2nd chicane on first lap. I moved up from 22nd to 6th and had 4 or 5 laps were I is was close to Theo de Bruin, but could never put anything together to get past (we were pretty evenly matched). It was super fun, also set a personal best of 201.3 in qualy with Bram's chevy setup, thanks Bram! Can't wait for the next one.

Oh, I should say I only got sixth because a lot of much faster guys had bad luck, it isn't because i'm good or anything.

Ocin is fast, he won both races, Great driving Ocin!!!!

• SniperZA

Group 1

Thanks guys, that was great fun, set a PB in qual, race 1, had a couple of great, fair fights which I lost, finished 7th mostly because of the troubles the faster guys had. Race 2 I dropped from 2nd on the grid to 9th/10th on the first lap, then I was slowly dropping away from the guys in front when entering Ascari on the 3rd lap I saw Terrys Chev sliding all over the place, had to hit the brakes where I'm normally flat out leaving Patrick with nowhere to go, the slightest tap from him (well, 2 taps, but who's counting ;) ) saw me hit the end of the barrier and race over - a car length further fowards and I'd have grazed the barrier and carried on, oh well, sheep happens.

All was not lost, however, as I was able to watch the fight for the podium for most of the race, what a great spectacle it was :)

Chris

Yes i forgot to add my sentiments for the guys that missed out due to technical issues or bizarre stop&go's problems :frown:,,i was too caught up in happiness with two great races :redface: ,so hopefully next time everyone gets to go to the finish and enjoy the fun.

*siigh*, Due to the wonderfull and unique way my memory cells are degrading as i get older........I also forgot to say a Big Thanks to Warren Dawse for sneaking me in his place for tonight!,,,at the top of the list as well! :biggrin:,,somehow after the race results,i noticed my name had dropped from the top of the list somehow??:confused: :tongue:.

Group 2

I moved up from 22nd to 6th and had 4 or 5 laps were I is was close to Theo de Bruin, but could never put anything together to get past (we were pretty evenly matched).

Yeah, you were putting some nice pressure on me in the last couple of laps!!

I also had a great time racing! First time in two weeks I think so I was a bit rusty at first.

Qualified 18th for the 1st race. Had a decent start but I got pushed a couple of times from behind and one of those pushed me off track... I could only just avoid getting through the grass and onto the chicane.
So at that point I was last again. Had a couple of nice little fights left and right. (BTW what happened Ingemar? You were off pace all of a sudden?) Had a couple of cutting warnings (one because I tries to avoid an accident) which resulted in a stop 'n go two laps before the finish... ended 1st race in p.15.

At the start of race 2 two cars in front of me hit each other, I couldn't avoid them and Eckhart couldn't avoid me. Big spin, I got hit all over the place but was luckier than Eckhart who ended up with a puncture I think.
So started making up some positions from p.20 and managed pretty good, some overtaking and lot's of people spinning off and getting stop 'n go's apparantly :biggrin:
I managed to keep it clean which brought me a nice p.5 at the end!

All in all I had a great time again, congrats t Ocin for being invincible and RPM for hosting this event!!

Cheers all!

good fight so als all time... thx for fair play!!!
very good first race, Lennon im enjoyed, very very very... ;) close fight... good replay i think... lol
seconde race, was good too! i doe error, but yes, other is not possible with BMW...lol... i doe one more error and i say "lol" to you Lennon, since tath, i have losing "concentration",you say "wath lol ?",here i think tath you are " :( " on me... 1 or 2 laps later, you cut accidently the chicane, you late me pass and you say "ok?"...here i think more than you are " :( " on me... all the rest of the race i was to thinking, why why why why, and do error, error, error, error,...
"wathever", very good event! thx to all and organisation, big thank's!
cu on track.... ;)
sry for my english...

Group 2

I also want to thank the organizers, and especially Warren, Bram, and Attila for getting this going on short notice, and allowing us to have an event even with disastrous happenings over at RSC. Also, thanks to Christopher Aponte for dodging me when I spun in front of him in the second race:wink:

I really wanted to finish one race, and due to your quick thinking, I did.

Thanks,

Chris

I had great fun on the third server! Not directly a big crowd at the grids but nevertheless two enjoyable races, both in which Serial Killer raced in a Class of His Own (definately more like a mass murder than a serial killing) :) but where the rest of us had good racing battles.

Most memorable was the 4-5 laps long duell between Neil Tennant and myself(Hansi J-son). Possibly the closest and cleanest fight I've ever had in this game! Great fun!

A big thankyou to RPM/RSC organization for making it possible for late comers like me to be able to join this event!

And of course I used a slightly modified setup by Atti for my Chevrolet! Thanks m8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back