Race #06, United Kingdom: Post-Race Discussion

4622526279_2e55eae409.jpg

May you let me to post my post-race comment. Thanks.

Q1 - Not bad, 7th place, enough :)
Q2 - My lap wasn't that clean, could fight for top 3 in the standing. P8

Race - I started very coutious, I was trying to brake earlier to not lock up my tires and to hit someone, but nobody were care about that and I had to react on some places, where I lost 2 positions. 3rd lap I've made mistake at the last Becketts corner and half spun, I lost 4 positions and a lot of ground. I could manage to get back all lost places for few laps after some incidents between guys infront. Then I pushed as I could and with seriously "cutted" strategy was trying to gain time to my rivals. I had great fight with Gosbee, who managed to pass me, then Greco was following me for 10-15 laps but maybe he destroyed his tires because of dirty air and I made a gap 2-3 sec. 4 laps to go the biggest momment in the race, Morgan and Martin were fighting I was following them from close and I was hoping to get a chance for overtake one of them, or why not both. At turn 4, Martin spun Morgan and I got it, got dreamed 5th place after difficult start.

Very happy from this result, I didn't feel very good on this track, and afterall I took very good points for me and the team. Too bad again for Ville, we both were in the points, but only badluck again had to retire. Now I will get 1 month break, then I'll back on the track for the 2nd half of the season and I believe we will continue our strong pace what we've showed last 2 races with my teammate. Cya.

Q1; was struggling to get a good lap in. Although i was compromised on my last lap, i managed to improve a tenth to be safe for Q2.

Q2; first sector was a bit off. Scond sector was good. And the third sector was actually better then expected. So overall i was happy with my time. (P6)

Race start was oke as i kept my position. I went early for my first stop to try to leap the guys in front, but i didn't check my gap to the people behind so i put myself in traffic.
It was really hard to pass as Martin had DRS behind Leitner. Luckily after two laps when we where really close with the three of us, i could sneak up on the inside of both of them at Brooklands. Meanwhile David Greco got a stop and go penalty which put me in 4th place. I could now try to close the gap to the front runners. It wasn't to hard as they where fighting each other. The battle in front continued and eventually put me into second place when Jim and Morgan came together. I now found myself right in front of Morgan. Thinking he would be on about the same strategy. I then put on the hard tires at my second stop to help Bono get away. Then others where in front of Morgan aswel and he seemed to be struggling, so i only had to concentrate on Petar Brljak who was chasing me pretty much the whole race. There was no point defending on Bono as he was on the softer tires and about 5 laps fresher then mine. And it would only allow Brljak (who was on Medium) to close in and have a go on me aswel. So i let him go and managed the gap to Brljak until the end of the race.
I'm very happy to be back on the podium again with my best result so far.

Now to the commentators:
In a way i understand why you compared me to Massa because, yes i let him true. But it makes no sense that i get blamed for letting him go, while five laps earlier Ivar let him past
while he was even driving on the same compound as Bono. That didn't seem to bother you guys at all. People know how we deal in certain circumstances, and even if we fight. We will definitely make sure we dont end up like certain other teams:poop: Anyway, i have stated my pointless reason above:thumbsup:

I understand Rob and I also understand why it was done but the thing is with Ivar he is in exactly the same team as Bono whereas you are a sister team so its a bit harder to take because it gives a big advantage to the teams that have 2 teams. That's why other teams complain about teams that have 2 teams and you have to say it gives them reason to. If you have 3 other cars rather than 1 that are just able to pull out of the way for you. Still I don't blame anyone for doing it because its not against the rules. Its just from a spectator's point of view its not what we want and as commentators we are spectators. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back