R3E: New GTO Class Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium

23725679024_241a1f2685_k.jpg

Sector3 Studios have sneakily added some new images of yet to be released GTO class vehicles to their official Flickr account album, increasing speculation that new content release cant be far away.

As revealed in our exclusive interview with Sector3 back in 2015, the GTO class is set to be lavished with new physics and car models in the coming months and these latest screenshots indicate that a release might not be as far away as first imagined. The latest images reveal a Ford Mustang and Nissan in various historic liveries to be added to the class - currently containing only the immense Audi 90 Quattro GTO.

Additionally the new class should also include an update to the latest physics currently being implemented across the game in separate stages.

No further information is presently available, however RaceDepartment will continue to monitor the progress of this content and keep you up to date on all the latest news as it becomes available.

While you wait, why not try out the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club and sample some of the other fine vehicles on offer in R3E?

1.jpg gto 2.jpg gto 3.jpg gto 4.png gto 5.jpg

Excited about the latest previews? Leave your comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
are you sure ? cause there is no info about it in that patch note (when GTR3 physics update was released) not in later updates .. there is newer physics than in wtcc13 but it could be different from the most recent version, that affected FFB in positive way .. FFB is still floaty not really enjoyable (compared to updated cars) .. I might be wrong but I was racing WTCC14 yesterday and it wasn`t good experience in terms of FFB
they also stated that they find WTCC racer to help improve physics for WTCC15 ...
If I'm not mistaken, when the new FFB and physics update came out, they did for their most popular + free content. And WTCC 14 was one of their most popular contents, so it did contain some sort of new update in their FFB and physics.

Also, I don't feel that the WTCC 14 cars are floaty, I feel just the right amount of FFB with those cars on my DFGT wheel. I know WTCC 13 doesn't have the latest FFB and physics model, but S3 wanted to update all content eventually so all of them are updated. And about WTCC 15, they already had drivers testing the content, they were awaiting their feedback and also were still looking for other drivers that could test it.

Well that's as far as I know and remember. Also, I could be deeeeeeeply wrong.

If I'm not mistaken, when the new FFB and physics update came out, they did for their most popular + free content. And WTCC 14 was one of their most popular contents, so it did contain some sort of new update in their FFB and physics.

Also, I don't feel that the WTCC 14 cars are floaty, I feel just the right amount of FFB with those cars on my DFGT wheel. I know WTCC 13 doesn't have the latest FFB and physics model, but S3 wanted to update all content eventually so all of them are updated. And about WTCC 15, they already had drivers testing the content, they were awaiting their feedback and also were still looking for other drivers that could test it.

Well that's as far as I know and remember. Also, I could be deeeeeeeply wrong.
ok thanx .. I`ll go with wtcc14 not on latest physics/ffb as it wasn`t officialy stated (and all updated classes/cars were listed) and it certainly doesn`t fell (FFB wise) that way ... we`ll see what will happend with wtcc15

If i could buy R3E in one big package then it would be cool as hell but the prices are so damm high
well you had your chance last month before xmass .. all for 49E or something like that ... :)

• Deleted member 130869

I wish I had saved my credits for this instead of Group 5. This will likely precede the Nissan Group C car, then.

Still, R3E... not going to spend a dime.

ok thanx .. I`ll go with wtcc14 not on latest physics/ffb as it wasn`t officialy stated (and all updated classes/cars were listed) and it certainly doesn`t fell (FFB wise) that way ... we`ll see what will happend with wtcc15

well you had your chance last month before xmass .. all for 49E or something like that ... :)

That moment when you Actually realized that you f#&ked up.

NOOOO WHYYY ;)

I just wish R3E would bundle up the GT series into Packs once and for all, as I'm not a fan of buying each car separate, it just makes our (customers) collection messy.

Apart from that, I'm also excited about this news. Looking forward to them being released. :)

The RRE physics are questionable IMO, what with this setup exploit exposing some of the RRe car physics as flawed.
When I can take an FR2, Prototype or GT3 and run the same setup with 1 wing front and rear and drive almost identical times, there's a major flaw somewhere I think.

Plus, Ive already spent the same amount of money on RRE as I have on AC, DR & Pcars put together, Ive spent US $150.00 up till this point on RRE that equates to AU$214, and they want more every time they release something new, take the FR2 for example, this is a fantasy car with no license to worry about, so they could of offered it for free, yet we still had to purchase it, their greed astounds me. I won't be purchasing any more content from RRE.

Nice one, looking forward to trying these.

Would be nice for Sector3 to make a few historic group c's. That would make a really great historic endurance grid :)

They haven't mentioned Group C's in any official manner, sadly. But if memory serves me correct there were plans for the Nissan R390 GT1 which has me excited, maybe you too :)

The Nissan R90CK (Group C) has been announced and showcased already in 2014 : http://www.virtualr.net/r3e-new-patch-coming-up
http://www.bsimracing.com/r3e-dev-blog-big-patch-info-new-content-coming/
Stay tuned for more news about it ;)

The RRE physics are questionable IMO, what with this setup exploit exposing some of the RRe car physics as flawed.
When I can take an FR2, Prototype or GT3 and run the same setup with 1 wing front and rear and drive almost identical times, there's a major flaw somewhere I think.

Plus, Ive already spent the same amount of money on RRE as I have on AC, DR & Pcars put together, Ive spent US $150.00 up till this point on RRE that equates to AU$214, and they want more every time they release something new, take the FR2 for example, this is a fantasy car with no license to worry about, so they could of offered it for free, yet we still had to purchase it, their greed astounds me. I won't be purchasing any more content from RRE.

err this is worrying.. who confirmed this?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%