Question about background texture flickering

Does anyone know how to fix the background textures and shadow flickering issue?

It happens a lot when I replay the game record, it seems to happen less in playing.

Also a little question about the werid mosaic/pixel motion blur at the edge of the car and how to fix that.

Thanks for your helping, here's the link to video shawcase. Pay attention to the ground shadow and texture of objects. ;)

Hardware list:

AMD 3700X

EVGA 3060 XC 12GB

kingston fury x 16GB*2 3200HZ

EVGA 750 GT

ASUS tuf gaming X570 plus wifi

Last edited:
Not really seeing anything out of the ordinary at 1080p, so I guess it's something that only shows at original resolution/framerate. Might have too aggressive sharpening on the textures from some source.

Last edited:
Not really seeing anything out of the ordinary at 1080p, so I guess it's something that only shows at original resolution/framerate. Might have too aggressive sharpening on the textures from some source.
Thanks for replying, I updated a new video which shows more significant shadow flickering issue.

It happened more severely in City tracks.

I have the same problem. Currently running an Intel i7-6700k and a GTX 1070 with content Manager, CSP and SOL. Doesn’t seem to matter which version of CSP or whether Smart Shadows is on or off. It’s very distracting and the only solution I’ve found is to turn off shadows completely.

ok yeah its pretty obvious in your new video, to me it seems as if there's some issue with the texture mipmaps or something. Does you GPU driver have some very specialized settings that cause havoc here, some extra filtering that doesn't work well with (CSPed-) AC?

ok yeah its pretty obvious in your new video, to me it seems as if there's some issue with the texture mipmaps or something. Does you GPU driver have some very specialized settings that cause havoc here, some extra filtering that doesn't work well with (CSPed-) AC?
I didn't do extra tweaks in my Nvdia Config, so I guess it's not the problem about GPU driver.

Updates: I turned off post processing in Video setting and replay that race again and found out that the problem became less severe. Although it still has some little shadow flickering issue but the textures are much more normal.

I have to wonder if it's due to a change in Nvidia's driver. I don't recall having this problem before I reloaded Windows awhile back. I'm currently running 452.06

I have to wonder if it's due to a change in Nvidia's driver. I don't recall having this problem before I reloaded Windows awhile back. I'm currently running 452.06
I have the same thought, somehow it just run into this problem one day. But I'm not sure if it was NV driver's issue or not, the only thing I know is that turning off Post Processing will do a little help.

I recently reloaded Win 10 (21H2) and thought I’d revisit the flickering issue.
After trying a bunch of different settings, turns out increasing shadow resolution decreases flickering. Kind of counter intuitive, isn’t it? I’ve found 2048x2048 and above to be playable and I’m currently using 3072x3072 with only about a 3-4% hit to frame rate over 512x512 while running at 4k resolution.

Having shadows really makes a difference on Nords.

Also stumbled upon a method to prevent windows 10 from updating video drivers by editing the registry. Find it here:
Prevent Windows Update from Updating Specific Device Driver | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

I intend to try a few Nvidia drivers to see which one works best for me.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back