I'll make another one. Check my sig. Whaddaya think :p

Let's see..

Project Tilke.
Leader: Rhys Gardiner
Co-Leader: Resi Respati
Members:
-Matthew Gutteridge
-bduddy

Project Tilke. A race track design project by Rhys Gardiner, Resi Respati, Matthew Gutteridge and bduddy :thumb:

What d' ya say :D
Wow, I'm touched... :D Now my lame username will be spread all around the boards... O_O I don't have any other designs currently on this computer, although I can check the other one I use... I've made quite a few track doodles, too, but if you see those you might reconsider >_>

OK... this one is a bit silly, but here goes... It's my redesign of my closest major track, Sears Point (or Infineon, as losers call it) for F1 :)

searspointf1redesign.jpg

Notes
-Runs counterclockwise (unlike the real track)
-Starting line is in the bottom-left, between real-life turns 10 and 11. Why? That's where the garages are, and as we all know, F1 teams can never be separated from their garages >_>
-Real-life turns 8a, 8b, and 8c have been straightened out in an attempt to create an overtaking chance at the hairpin (turn 7)
-After the hairpin, cars go onto the drag strip and run down to a new hairpin that drops them off at real-life turn 1
-After real-life turns 1, 2, 3, and 3a, another new hairpin puts the cars onto what is now an access road (and behind a lot of the grandstands! O_O)
-A chicane has been added to the access road, for two reasons: 1. FIA rules mandate at least one pointless, rhythm-breaking chicane per track and 2. It would really be quite fast and dangerous otherwise >_>
-After the access road, cars enter the beginning of the real-life pit lane, before making a U-turn back onto the track and then completing (both in real life and here) the final hairpin

Thoughts?

That's a great design, but I feel that Sears Point is perfect the way it is now. But it's cool that you're using part of the drag strip. :D
Well, it's definitely great for NASCAR (I can tell you that from having gone there in person almost every year since I can remember :D) But the Indy car layout has literally no passing places, and I'm sure F1 cars would make it even worse... plus, the idea of F1 cars racing on a drag strip, access road, and pit lane alone makes me like this layout :)

My another design on Donington Park.

-Start line and pitlanes are moved to where the 2010 circuits start will be.
-Instead of going infield just as the 2010 circuit will do, the circuit will run on the original Melbourne Hairpin and Goddards corner
-Original pitlane stays intact, used for national-class races
-The Dunlop Bridge is moved just between the McLeans and Coppice corner

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back