Project Tilke Designs

Something I posted up on the Fastlane.

My planned revival of Augusta International Raceway
33b27b7.jpg

Red: track
Green: go-kart track
Cyan: start line
Yellow: go-kart track start line

:ooh: There have not been any posts here in far too long... so here's a simple circuit on the grounds of my college, maybe for go-carts or something like that...

Wash U circuit.jpg
Where did everyone else go?

I've been posting my designs on TheFastlane. I might as well put them up here as well. :)

A circuit using the runways of Perth Airport:

Street track in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia:

Oulton Park Loop Circuit:

Public Park Circuit in Cairo, inspired by Montreal:

Silverstone Abbey Circuit:

Some designs that haven't been posted yet.
---
Updated design of Portland International Raceway:

New street circuit in Vancouver (I went a little crazy with this one):

Another crazy design - A slow, claustrophobic street track, again in Perth. The bottom loop with the sharp hairpins goes over the top of the Perth Railway Station:

Slight modifications to Shanghai:

An attempt to make Queensland Raceway an interesting circuit that's worth racing on:

And a short street circuit around the Gloucester Park horse racing track, yet again in Perth:

I've come back to the Project Tilke topic, for what could very well be the ultimate challenge. I'm sure that most of us watched the Monaco Grand Prix a couple days ago, only to discover one thing: Even for F1, it was rather boring. The fault, of course, lies with the track: it is simply impossible to overtake at Monaco, and (as Alonso showed us) difficult even with a 4 sec/lap advantage. What can be done? Well, in the spirit of Project Tilke, of course the track should be revised! Here's a link to the original on a street map, for reference:
http://***********/2e2wouw
Your track must remain entirely within Monaco (which restricts you quite a bit!) and must use existing streets (don't want to bulldoze any of those fantastically expensive buildings!). Any ideas? I'll have one eventually...

Let's brainstorm with a little bit of track designing scenario I found in another forum. Here's how it works.

I was thinking of something to put a little energy into this thread. I want to see how any of you can utilize existing areas to develop a track. So, I came up with a little scenario.

An old horse track has been shut down. You, looking to build a racing facility on the site, have bought the plot. Originally, you were only planning to make an oval out of the existing track, but the owners of the recreational area are willing to sell to you under the circumstances that you don't disrupt the reservoir, which is a popular fishing hole in the area, and do not cut down more trees than are necessary to cut a path to fit a racetrack in.

I want to see what anyone can come up with to construct a road circuit out of the space available. For perspective, the horse track is 1 mile long.

Attached on this post are 2 plot files. The first one is the topography map of the area, and the second one is the one without the topography map, where you can put the designs on.

Right-click then "Save Image As" to download.

Good luck. :)

Yep, something like that.

Although even better if the track goes round the lake (without disrupting it) as requested.

EDIT: Here's what I've got for the oval. Will figure out what to do with the road course soon.

Attachments

• Scenario01.jpg
    Scenario01.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 223
New scenario coming up

NOTE: No need to put some details from now on, as I see that it's useless :p

OK, fellas, time for a new challenge. I came up with a fictious area in the Italian Tuscany region. It is set in the 1920s-30s. The three towns in the region have joined forces to organise auto races for the Grand Prix category. It is up to you to come up with a proper circuit using the main roads.

Thick grey lines : main roads
Slim grey lines : minor roads
Yellow lines and number : altitude
Green : grass
Dark green : forest
Light brown/yellow : farm land
Red : town housing
Light blue : river (north-south) and lake

There's also a sequel of this challenge, coming up soon :)

Right click image than "Save Image As" to download.

There's this tool I found on the internet which really allows you to design tracks, in 3D!

It's called Google SketchUp, a tool used to design and create 3D ocjects.

Here's a design a friend of mine came up with

2iq5pd.png

And here's my design (sorry, it's still in layout progress)

21d4ho0.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea