PC1 Project CARS new Zonda Revolucion Teasers

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Zonda 2.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have released some new teaser images of the upcoming Pagani Zonda Revolucion due to be released with the new Project CARS Game Of The Year Edition.

Slated for a Spring, 2016 release on all platforms, PCARS GOTY Edition will feature a total of 125 cars (an additional 50 from the initial release) and over 100 variations of 35 racing circuits from around the globe. Perhaps of most interest will be the addition of the endurance layout of one of the worlds most famous circuits - the fabled Nurburgring Nordschleife. The endurance layout allows drivers to race the full Nordschleife combined with the more recent Grand Prix circuit.

The Game of the Year release will also include updates which have been anticipated since the game launched back in 2015 (a mammoth 500+ features and improvements) and over 60 community-created liveries to compliment the paint schemes already available with the studio created content.

The new Zonda is an attractive looking beast, powered by an AMG designed 800hp 6.0 litre V12 engine - capable of reaching speeds of up to 217mph, including use of an on board Formula One style DRS option!

The real life version of the Revolucion comes in at a cool 2.2 million Euros plus tax and is considered by Pagani as "the apex of the celebration of performance, technology and art applied to a track car."

Project CARS Game of The Year Edition will be released on May 6th 2016 across all platforms.

Don't forget to check our very own Project CARS forum for all the latest news and discussions. We hold regular Racing Club events for all driver skill levels across all platforms.

Looking forward to the new Zonda? Will you be purchasing the GOTY Edition of Project CARS? How has the game felt post Patch 10 release? Let us know in the comments section below!

Project CARS Zonda 2.jpg Project CARS Zonda 3.jpg Project CARS Zonda 4.jpg Project CARS Zonda 5.jpg Project CARS Zonda.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you are asking me about the quality let me explain you a little bit more about that:

Lets take a look at the tracks how well are they made and how accurate are they. Tracks are poorly made with (maybe) decent quality but they sure have a lack of accuracy. Some of them are laser scanned but most of them are not and you can see from the helicopter that for an example Nordschleife is really poorly made. Take a look at the Silverstone and bumps how pathetic they are.

Now lets go to the cars. The quality of models is amazing. The quality of sounds is terrible. Since when do Renault Megane RS and Mercedes A 45 AMG sound about the same??? And since when do Mclaren 12C, Mclaren P1 and Mclaren Mp4-12C GT3 sound about the same??? Sure they have the same engine but they sound very different. I tried to explain that to content managers but they attacked me like a kids like I don't know anything. And those aee only for an example and there are many more cars that sound silly and sound the same as others.

Now lets go to the third part - weather. Nice, it has is and it sucks. That rain effect is only an addition as a candy to the graphics. No real effect on driving. I prefer not to have it and not to have it as a candy.

I could go furthermore but I think there is no need for now.

The tyre model...well you can put a world class tyre model in that game but it won't help the game because physics are terrible. And I speak as a gamepad user and can't imagine how terrible is with the wheel. As all my friends have it and all say the same...it drives like a crap and is a true nightmare.

And no...I am not a fanboy of the AC because I have other racing games such as R3E and rFactor 2 and this is objectively looking criticism. So, I don't hate the game and I don't love the game. It has more negative things than positive. The only thing I like in that game is content (cars) and that's why I bought it. But if I would have a choice to reconsider my purchase I would say "no-way, not gonna buy it!" But that is a lesson I have learned for pCARS 2 ;)

Firstly Rain does effect driving, so you clearly haven't played Pcars very well. Also I don't feel you can comment on physics if you play it with a gamepad. And it has one of the better AI's in modern sims, on top of that it has a lot of accurately done racing rules, such as flags, false starts, pits, etc. Most of which AC has none or ones that are useless. Also there is data that was taken from the code of AC where they reused assets from different cars. Basically all sims make concessions and have issues with physics, and all things considered with bugs of both games not withstanding, Pcars ultimately simulates many more faucets of motor racing than AC while AC has better simulation of actual driving. The point being both games are valid sims and point at ones faults you have to also acknowledge the massive faults of the other as well. Which you seem to ignore completely and thus are presenting an incredibly biased opinion that is not objective.

Firstly Rain does effect driving, so you clearly haven't played Pcars very well. Also I don't feel you can comment on physics if you play it with a gamepad. And it has one of the better AI's in modern sims, on top of that it has a lot of accurately done racing rules, such as flags, false starts, pits, etc. Most of which AC has none or ones that are useless. Also there is data that was taken from the code of AC where they reused assets from different cars. Basically all sims make concessions and have issues with physics, and all things considered with bugs of both games not withstanding, Pcars ultimately simulates many more faucets of motor racing than AC while AC has better simulation of actual driving. The point being both games are valid sims and point at ones faults you have to also acknowledge the massive faults of the other as well. Which you seem to ignore completely and thus are presenting an incredibly biased opinion that is not objective.

Sure it does...same as you set low frip in AC and that's it. You have the rain but with no rain effects :D
If physics are poor even on the pad and I can feel that nothing can make it better on the wheel ;)
Racing rules are poorly made. A blue flag for the car miles behind you ;)
AC has pits and you can actually drive out of the pits ;)
Overall result? Poorly made ^^

And read better before you write something like last sentence ;) The question about the quality was related to the pCARS and not to the AC.

Well if you are asking me about the quality let me explain you a little bit more about that:
(...)
I could go furthermore but I think there is no need for now.

It appears you've taken the time to examine the game in depth and as a consequence found it wanting compared to the standards you expect. Can't really argue with that. :)

The tyre model...well you can put a world class tyre model in that game but it won't help the game because physics are terrible. And I speak as a gamepad user and can't imagine how terrible is with the wheel. As all my friends have it and all say the same...it drives like a crap and is a true nightmare.

This is interesting, because it touches on what is perhaps an overbroad use of the term 'physics'.

From what you I saying, can I conclude that the feeling you get from the cars via the controller is not very good? And that no amount of fiddling with the controller settings has appeared to improve things for you (or your friends)?

Some people seem happy enough with controllers, while others hate the way pCARS drives with them. I use a wheel so don't really feel qualified to comment on this.

But can I ask if you've ever tried driving pCARS with a properly calibrated (semi-)high-end wheel?

FWIW, I personally think pCARS 2 will be produced to different standards than pCARS 1 was. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out. :)

Last edited:
It appears you've taken the time to examine the game in depth and as a consequence found it wanting compared to the standards you expect. Can't really argue with that. :)

This is interesting, because it touches on what is perhaps an overbroad use of the term 'physics'.

From what you I saying, can I conclude that the feeling you get from the cars via the controller is not very good? And that no amount of fiddling with the controller settings has appeared to improve things for you (or your friends)?

Some people seem happy enough with controllers, while others hate the way pCARS drives with them. I use a wheel so don't really feel qualified to comment on this.

But can I ask if you've ever tried driving pCARS with a properly calibrated (semi-)high-end wheel?

FWIW, I personally think pCARS 2 will be produced to different standards than pCARS 1 was. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out. :)

Well it's not on the same level as R3E, AC and rFactor 2 is. With those 3 I feel like I am connected with the car. I can exactly know what do I have to do in different situations while unfortunately I can't say that for the pCARS. It just doesn't feel as it should to me :( (I have put over 100 hours to make it at least similar to other games but with no success).

I was invited to test the game on the Fanatec V2 which my friend has it but still didn't take my time to do it but will definitely do it one day.

Well I have pre-ordered pCARS because I was amazed what is coming to the PC but was really disappointed. I have learned that I won't pre-order pCARS 2 like I did pCARS. Sure I am gonna give it a try but won't buy it before that.

With that I must say I did some co-operating with SMS members when they had some troubles at the release date. I helped them crushing few critical bugs and I am happy how some guys really do care about the game but when it comes to the part where constructive criticism is given to the content they always act like someone is trying to demolish their work. They simply don't want to accept some things about the content is done averagely. So, when you try to work with those who think their "baby will be hurt" you know it's impossible to do it. If they would be listening to people like I am things would be so much different in a better way. I just hope they have found better supporting from the community for the pCARS 2...at least that's what they did when they have put the price much higher for funding.

With that I deeply apologize if I have hurt anyone's feelings but some things have to be accepted that they are not good. And once again I am not a fan of any sim-racing game because I like to judge things objectively and not acting like a fanboy who is trying to protect his game with all costs :)

You can always expect from me some criticism but always for the good of the whole community ;)

EDIT: You can search and see that I am still fighting for the proper dashboards (LCD displays) in R3E :D

Last edited:
When it comes down to it, they are all good race sims. Just some are better than others. I think the number of serious PC race sim players racing in the clubs here demonstrates which are the most popular and favoured of the race sims. I like Pcars, it is fun and I love the British tracks, but I hardly ever race with it online.

Sure it does...same as you set low frip in AC and that's it. You have the rain but with no rain effects :D
If physics are poor even on the pad and I can feel that nothing can make it better on the wheel ;)
Racing rules are poorly made. A blue flag for the car miles behind you ;)
AC has pits and you can actually drive out of the pits ;)
Overall result? Poorly made ^^

And read better before you write something like last sentence ;) The question about the quality was related to the pCARS and not to the AC.

Clearly you have a very one sided view of objective and like to pick and choose which functions you ignore when it suits your argument and not when it doesn't. Stop being such a fanboy.

Clearly you have a very one sided view of objective and like to pick and choose which functions you ignore when it suits your argument and not when it doesn't. Stop being such a fanboy.

The one who is usually raging about the fanboyism is the hardcore fanboy ;)

Accept or deny those facts I don't care ^^

I know it hurts when someone is telling you the thruth without any hesitations...but reading exactly what I wrote can be very difficult because you see only the negative criticism about your lovely pCARS. Are those facts anough to mark YOU as a fanboy? ;)

Judge it by yourself because I have nothing else to say to you :) At least not anything related to the pCARS because I don't want to hurt your feelings again...not my point TBH :)

The one who is usually raging about the fanboyism is the hardcore fanboy ;)

Accept or deny those facts I don't care ^^

I know it hurts when someone is telling you the thruth without any hesitations...but reading exactly what I wrote can be very difficult because you see only the negative criticism about your lovely pCARS. Are those facts anough to mark YOU as a fanboy? ;)

Judge it by yourself because I have nothing else to say to you :) At least not anything related to the pCARS because I don't want to hurt your feelings again...not my point TBH :)

Im not denying the physics are lacklustre compared to AC, PC at leat simulates racing properly which AC doesn't which is the definition of a racing simulator. Im just trying to point out the hypocrisy of calling PCars a simcade game when it does some things better than any others (key word is some). In fact if you look at my posts I have been agreeing that Pcar is not the best, while you have basically approached AC as if it is the second coming, when it still has some serious issues as a racing simulator.

Also if you look at the previous comments i only called you a fanboy after it became obvious that you had zero interest at all in accepting that you game may not be as good as you think. And I'm also not the first person to make such an accusation at you.

Last edited:
PC Master Race - "WTF game calls itself a SIM when you can't even see out da side door, yo?"

Console Peasant - "This game feels fantastic with a wheel...and WOW, look at that weather do whatever I want! Here, take my money."

PC Master Race - "WTF game calls itself a SIM when you can't even see out da side door, yo?"

Console Peasant - "This game feels fantastic with a wheel...and WOW, look at that weather do whatever I want! Here, take my money."

So basically the direct drive wheel craze then?

Also many quality sim racers only use one screen, e.g. Empty Box!! At least i assume that is what you are alluding to, that or you somehow are playing sims that don't allow you to rotate the camera.

Oh and 'console peasants' are keeping the industry afloat for the considering the two most commending sims have gone to console cause they realise thats the only way to make decent money. Not to mention that all us PC players game's are designed to run on below console spec hardware. So yeah real master race we are.

Im not denying the physics are lacklustre compared to AC, PC at leat simulates racing properly which AC doesn't which is the definition of a racing simulator. Im just trying to point out the hypocrisy of calling PCars a simcade game when it does some things better than any others (key word is some). In fact if you look at my posts I have been agreeing that Pcar is not the best, while you have basically approached AC as if it is the second coming, when it still has some serious issues as a racing simulator.

Also if you look at the previous comments i only called you a fanboy after it became obvious that you had zero interest at all in accepting that you game may not be as good as you think. And I'm also not the first person to make such an accusation at you.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back