Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

OK, so are you offering to provide a stand-alone package that's an alternative to Autoprophets'? So far my needs have been limited to introducing new cars into the game so everything that expands on Autoprophets' package is a bonus.

OK, so are you offering to provide a stand-alone package that's an alternative to Autoprophets'? So far my needs have been limited to introducing new cars into the game so everything that expands on Autoprophets' package is a bonus.
No, that's exactly what should be avoided. I am advocating that there should be a single trunk package, which the mods branch from, not forest full of installers. I am certainly offering to contribute to said package, and have contacted Autoprophet (and of course, JDougNY).

Last edited:
I just tried the unlocker v8 from autoprophet. Maybe I made some mistakes on uninstalling the previous one... But first, AI was completely broken. Then I uninstalled everymod. And the game isn't launching anymore. Some uniformisation on the unlockers would be great, yes :)

You need to
1. deactivate all mods
2. validate game files in steam
3. activate autoprophets' boot files.

I think what happened in your case was that your bootfiles got mixed: JDougNY's 7.1 with Autoprophets' 8.0

Yup :) Was quite afk so didn't edit my post but I did it an hour ago and it worked like a charm.
Something to remember for next times :)

Thanks anyway ;)

Thanks to JDougNY for the files and tech support! for The unlocker and also for the 'new skins' .. I recently got this old-new skins: (here's my favorite one)
NEW-OLD LIVERY.jpg

Yesterday I tried to rebuild a car. After I selected it in the game there is kind a "freeze" - showing the clock loading stuck for couple of moments until the game just crashes... Did anyone can tell me what's wrong with it?

I need help , I managed to put SHIFT2 cars CARS project , but I have a big problem with MEB files, especially for the car body . BMT_PAINT , and have noticed that you contributed to the nissan r35 body has physical rain . so good I even managed to successfully put the TS020 1998 to play my favorite car by changing certain parameter .

Attachments

• ts020.jpg
    ts020.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 409
Yesterday I tried to rebuild a car. After I selected it in the game there is kind a "freeze" - showing the clock loading stuck for couple of moments until the game just crashes... Did anyone can tell me what's wrong with it?
by "rebuild" you mean convert? From s2u to pcars I take it?
These things cause the game to crash:
1. some s2u bmt (especially ones with glass and windscreen)
2. lack of physics files or badly named/edited physics files
your .crd entry for physics needs to point to vdfm. Then in your vdfm you give the name for most other physics files (chassis, gears, etc.). All those files need to have the same name as the one you defined inside the vdfm.
You need do add entries for the tires of your car in files inside tyres and tire folders.

I need help , I managed to put SHIFT2 cars CARS project , but I have a big problem with MEB files, especially for the car body . BMT_PAINT , and have noticed that you contributed to the nissan r35 body has physical rain . so good I even managed to successfully put the TS020 1998 to play my favorite car by changing certain parameter .
You need to hex-edit all your body mebs (body, bonnet, boot, chassis, etc.). Compare your car's body mebs to corresponding mebs in pcars. Make sure they have the same number of channels (vertex parameters). For example:
00000028-0000002B 09000000=09 number of vertex parameters
0000002C-0000002F 08000000=08 number of materials
00000058-00000063 020000000000000000000000=2,0,0 vertex positions
00016DEC-00016DF7 040000000600000000000000=4,6,0 vertex colors
0001E7D0-0001E7DB 020000000200000000000000=2,2,0 vertex normals
00035564-0003556F 020000000400000000000000=2,4,0 vertex normals
0004C2F8-0004C303 020000000500000000000000=2,5,0 vertex normals
0006308C-00063097 010000000300000000000000=1,3,0 vertex uv #0
00072448-00072453 010000000300000002000000=1,3,2 vertex uv #2 (for livery and rain drops)
00081804-0008180F 000000000300000003000000=0,3,3 damage: follows uv #2, always zero bytes, the same length as vertex colors
000891E8-000891F3 010000000300000004000000=1,3,4 vertex uv #4 (for wiper mask)
most likely your car doesn't have 0.3.3. and 1.3.4. For 0.3.3 copy 4.6.0, paste it after 1.3.2 and fillit with 00.
For 1,3,4 copy 1.3.0, paste it after 0.3.3. and fill with 00 00 80 3F
If 1.3.2 is missing then copy 1.3.0 and paste it right at the end of 1.3.0 and fill with 00 00 80 3F.

Once you add channels you need to increase the value indicating the amount of vertex parameters at the beginning of the file.

Unfortunately there's no other way round it.

Last edited:
by "rebuild" you mean convert? From s2u to pcars I take it?
These things cause the game to crash:
1. some s2u bmt (especially ones with glass and windscreen)
2. lack of physics files or badly named/edited physics files
your .crd entry for physics needs to point to vdfm. Then in your vdfm you give the name for most other physics files (chassis, gears, etc.). All those files need to have the same name as the one you defined inside the vdfm.
You need do add entries for the tires of your car in files inside tyres and tire folders.

tnx!
I have just one little question: do you know where the VehicleShape entry in the .crd file reffers to? [manufacturer logos reffers to "GUI/Manufacturerlogo"]

If you look at other cars' vehicleShape you see it refers to type/class of this vehicle. I am not sure but it might play a role in selecting AI competitors for a race. Just select something that's similar to your car.

Btw, in VDFM you may want to point the your car's physics to existing pcars' physics. So as you open the vdfm edit the readable name in the right hand column to the exact same name that you find in pcars cars. One thing to look out for is not to exceed the byte number of your bin file, so look for a name of the same or shorter length. Using pcars' physics should help you identify if it's something missing or wrong with your physics files or should you look at bmt.

My question was about create any new "type". I asking where is the .dds file has to be placed (so it won't show the blank grey square, if you have a clue of course..) It doesn't related to my car mod.

A question to the experts in here:
Will it be necessary to provide the standard liveries in a mod if you just want to add liveries? Like in the McLaren old liveries mod..

I started to sort the liveries in VehicleHRLiveries.bff, it's still some work to do, but I already got most of the GTE/GT3 cars, Capers, Ford Mustang TransAm, the Audi LMPs, BMW E30, Mercedes E190, Ford Sierra,..

Wouldn't this make adding liveries a lot easier? By the way, there are plenty of fictional liveries for the R18 TDI in game, altogether with the known McLarens, some Astons, etc

I am not sure if you can mod default Pcars vehicles with current bootfiles unlocker (8.0) at all. Jdoug's files were more comprehensive and allowed modding existing cars. You need to try yourself by copying rcf files from Jdoug's unlocker into current 8.0 unlocker files and then modifying the entries to point them to your liveries.

What I had in mind was quite similar to what I did with doc at the F1 season 1991 mod, but sourcing out all stock liveries to an external folder.. Plus changing rcf's to actually add new liveries.. I still have to figure out how to apply this with the mod injection tool, still a long way to go, but having the liveries decoded is IMO a big step forward to add new liveries without compromises (see the McLaren mod: at first low res liveries from Vehicle_XL_livery were used and now replaced with the files from HRLiveries).
I don't know if I'll reach a stage for some "smooth" release, but I love to figure it out at least for myself

What I had in mind was quite similar to what I did with doc at the F1 season 1991 mod, but sourcing out all stock liveries to an external folder.. Plus changing rcf's to actually add new liveries.. I still have to figure out how to apply this with the mod injection tool, still a long way to go, but having the liveries decoded is IMO a big step forward to add new liveries without compromises (see the McLaren mod: at first low res liveries from Vehicle_XL_livery were used and now replaced with the files from HRLiveries).
I don't know if I'll reach a stage for some "smooth" release, but I love to figure it out at least for myself
Hi Reiche, dunno if you follow the official forums, but I've got a Custom Liveries tool that is tested and very close to release. It doesn't source out the stock liveries, but still allows for new ones to either take their place or be added, and an easy distributable package to be assembled for league use or a addon mod.

<mod edit: you can add it here http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/project-cars.55/)

Last edited by a moderator:
I Can show and select my car in the garage, but once I start a session (practic/race) the game crashed. I know it's related to the .bmt, how can I fix it?

edit: conversion from s2u

replace bmt with mtx. Find mtx that corresponds to bmt that crashes your game (zonda mod is full of mtx files) and replace your bmt (you will need to point mtx texture entries to correct .dds files).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back