PC1 Project CARS Free for Xbox Gold Members Feb 16th

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Free Xbox One Copy.jpg

Xbox Live Gold members can pick up a free download of the best selling Project CARS racing game this February 16th, thanks to the Xbox Games With Gold initiative.

From February 16th to March 15th Xbox One owners with a valid Xbox Live Gold subscription will be able download the full version of Project CARS for Xbox One, at absolutely no cost! Games with Gold is a reward scheme run by Microsoft that allows Xbox Live Gold members the opportunity to access free games to play on their Xbox One console. Project CARS joins such titles as Star Wars: Force Unleashed, Monkey Island 2 and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime as part of February's Games with Gold release schedule, potentially opening up the best selling racing game to a new audience when it becomes available next month. Although the download will only be available between February 16th to March 15th, once downloaded the game will remain on your hard drive and is yours to keep forever.

Project CARS was released for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in May 2015 and has sold over 2 million copies worldwide, with a sequel already in development under the leadership of Ian Bell and Slightly Mad Studios.

Don't forgot to pick up your free Xbox One copy this coming February!

Project CARS Free Xbox One 2.jpg
Project CARS Free Xbox One 3.jpg

Join the with the Project CARS community here at RaceDepartment by visiting our Project CARS sub forum. We have a number of downloads you can try, a vibrant community discussions area, our exclusive Racing Club and all the latest news with regards to the title. Head over and get yourself in on the action today!

The thing with the latest gen consoles is they were expensive on release like they always tend to be. But compared to their predecessors the specs on the new consoles did not improve very much. which had alot of people asking why sony and ms didn't release them with more powerful specs. so they could last the cycle of a console without falling behind too much with the progression of cpu,gpu etc in the coming years.. on release i brought two xbox ones for my boys which they hardly ever used so flicked them and replaced with pc's which they use all the time and have much better performance for around the same price the difference is the pc will still be good in a couple of years and can easily be upgraded. as opposed to the under powered consoles which unfortunately will only stay the same and decrease in value until they are worth nothing.

If people want to pay for dinner with the developers how is that a cash grab. They wanted it, they paid for it, nobody stole money from you. And if you were an early adopter and were a WMD member, most likely you got your money back and made a profit from your investment. Is that a cashgrab? It was decided early on that this was going to be a one-off. They would make PCARS, support it for a year with some DLC and game fixes and move on to the next title, like most companies do anyway, they just don't announce it, because they know this kind of backlash is waiting for them... Granted many bugs have survived and some features not included that were promised. But the kind of spiteful hate this game receives in most forums is beyond comprehension. Plenty of us left that are still enjoying it to this day, along with all the other sims. It's a pity a lot of you can't get past its shortcomings.

You can't forget the console users. Making sims like this available only increases the number of players in the racing genre. This is good for everyone. More players, more titles and more competition for the developers.

Also some of us PC sim racers originally came from consoles racing the fancy looking titles like Forza and Gran Turismo on console only to slowly find out that better things were around the corner.
We bought wheels which increased the level of immersion and then began the search for more simulation which inevitably lead to PC sim racing.
IMHO console support is important to this niche hobby. It can only help promote the genre and bring more racers on to both console and possibly PC in the future.
With the sims getting on console it may even force the Forza and GT titles to step up their game with the physics of their titles.

So with that I'll say thanks to Slightly Mad and Microsoft for offering this title for Gold Members and that this is also a great way to advertise this title and sim racing in general to an audience that may not have bought the title anyway but may well become interested once giving it a go.
Slightly Mad will also have put the name of their title into the heads of potential new players once they've had a go of this title for free. They may come back and buy the next title they produce. It's not all free for nothing for them. It's advertising too I think.

I will be only too happy to download this on my(daughters) Xbox One, had AC on PC since release and just got it on PS4 and I've discovered it's good fun comparing them, besides, I've not played anything on Xbox yet, if it's good I might take a look at Forza...... I mean, you can never have too many options right...?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back