PC1 Project CARS Free for Xbox Gold Members Feb 16th

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Free Xbox One Copy.jpg

Xbox Live Gold members can pick up a free download of the best selling Project CARS racing game this February 16th, thanks to the Xbox Games With Gold initiative.

From February 16th to March 15th Xbox One owners with a valid Xbox Live Gold subscription will be able download the full version of Project CARS for Xbox One, at absolutely no cost! Games with Gold is a reward scheme run by Microsoft that allows Xbox Live Gold members the opportunity to access free games to play on their Xbox One console. Project CARS joins such titles as Star Wars: Force Unleashed, Monkey Island 2 and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime as part of February's Games with Gold release schedule, potentially opening up the best selling racing game to a new audience when it becomes available next month. Although the download will only be available between February 16th to March 15th, once downloaded the game will remain on your hard drive and is yours to keep forever.

Project CARS was released for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in May 2015 and has sold over 2 million copies worldwide, with a sequel already in development under the leadership of Ian Bell and Slightly Mad Studios.

Don't forgot to pick up your free Xbox One copy this coming February!

Project CARS Free Xbox One 2.jpg
Project CARS Free Xbox One 3.jpg

Join the with the Project CARS community here at RaceDepartment by visiting our Project CARS sub forum. We have a number of downloads you can try, a vibrant community discussions area, our exclusive Racing Club and all the latest news with regards to the title. Head over and get yourself in on the action today!

You go fanboy :thumbsdown:
Call it what you like... but the console platform went out the door for me years ago. and nothing has changed. the current consoles are mediocre to say the least.as for pcars the kickstarted fan funded title with all the marketing bs behind it before it's release ...that promised so much but delivered very little.. not to mention the backlash from the people that pre ordered it and got stiffed. to find out it was and still is a broken p.o.s full of bugs that the studio instantly wiped its hands of to start work on the next one.. slightly mad anyone ah yes alot of people were!

I think he means that even giving it away for free, it's too expensive as in too rubbish to even be free. I think that's what he means. But don't quote me on that. I think it's great for free.
Yeah. I know what he was trying to get at. But something given free has no value apart from the value that the recipient may bestow upon it.

I guess for a lot of people that bought it and feel it's still not had issues fixed for so long must feel a little chested and I totally get that.
But for those of us that never bought it due to hearing the issues about it I guess we're just getting a freebie to try.
They released the Pagani edition for free on Steam recently and I didn't get to give it much of a go due to having rF2, AC, R3E and AMS on my PC already so very hard to turn attention away from those.
On my Xbox One I don't have any decent racing titles on it so this will be fun to try whilst I'm in Hong Kong without access to my Sim pc back home.

Is free. Nobody tells you to install it if you dont want.

How can anybody complain about it. I don't get it.

I payed for it. It was crap and full of bugs. Yes, i can complain about it being crap because i paid for it.

But it's free. And you can simply not install it. Or try it out and then uninstall if you don't like it. But you can complain because is a gift. Take or not, but still it's a gift.

Haters gonna hate. Still true this year.

Sorry but this game and it's developers deserve every last bit of the hate/disdain from the people they shafted. it was delayed multiple times and even then they still couldn't come out with a half decent working product.and i couldn't care less that its being given away for free atm. my point is remember these people reaped all the benefits by misleading the public with their cunning marketing and promotion schemes like the bs v.i.p packages they came up with for people who paid x amount money to have dinner with mr bellend and other ridiculous nonsense ways etc... to get their hands on peoples money. and after they raked in boat loads of money from the game and propaganda they jumped ship.they then instantly plead poverty and had the nerve to try pull the same stunt again by asking for more crowdfunding for the next installment."and if you pay us $10000 and you will be a diamond member":sick:....man these people are unbelievable!. and the gullible people out there that are still getting suckered in by these sharks...have got to be slightly mad to believe that pcars2 is going to be any different than the first. a cash grabbing exercise!

Call it what you like... but the console platform went out the door for me years ago. and nothing has changed. the current consoles are mediocre to say the least.as for pcars the kickstarted fan funded title with all the marketing bs behind it before it's release ...that promised so much but delivered very little.. not to mention the backlash from the people that pre ordered it and got stiffed. to find out it was and still is a broken p.o.s full of bugs that the studio instantly wiped its hands of to start work on the next one.. slightly mad anyone ah yes alot of people were!

Tbh I think the consoles are value for money & time but if you turned your back on them then that is on you not me. At the end of the day we are all gamers just on different platforms.

Pcars was something of a novelty on consoles due to its attempt at simulation which I am grateful for even if the game was not perfect.
It was a great starting point for consoles that only reinforced developers view that console players also wanted a hardcore driving experience as close to the PC brigade as possible.

http://www.fitzweekly.com/2016/05/gaming-on-pc-vs-on-consoles-in-2016.html?m=1

Ps. I can guarantee your sim of choice on PC is bugged to fcuk too. Even on the master race platform they are never complete games that are shipped these days anyway.

Anyway happy gaming and nice to hear your POV

Anyone in the situation to get PCars for free, should get it.
PCars can be very entertaining for anyone with any interest in Racing game and/or SIM.
It offers some unique feature that would be welcome in some other SIM with a more solid driving experience.
Forget the hype, use it for what it is, there is some good entertainment to be had in PCars, I bought it and did not regret it, even dough I have not use it a lot, still was worth my money.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%