PC3 Project CARS 3 | Porsche 935 @ Leipzig Gameplay Footage

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have released yet more gameplay footage from the upcoming Project CARS 3 videogame, this time onboard the stunning Porsche 935 at the German Leipzig test track.
  • Project CARS 3 set to release late August.
  • New video on and off board at the German Leipzig track.

As we get ever closer to release month for the new Project CARS 3 racing game, the development team behind the latest release in the franchise have dropped a brand new gameplay video - showcasing the 2019 issue Porsche 935 on a hot lap of the Leipzig Test Track in Germany.

The next Project CARS game has a slightly different flavour than recent editions in the franchise, as Slightly Mad Studios look to open up the game to a wider audience than was previously possible with their simulation focused first two releases. However, despite the addition of various arcade gameplay features, the studio remain adamant that the new title can also appeal to sim racers, with the aid of various game setting tweaks to bring back simulation type handling and performance aspects.

In order to help the community better understand how the game might feel once out on the track, a number of different gameplay videos are set to be released in the coming weeks ahead of launch day, of which the video below is the latest instalment:

The lap of Leipzig joins the already released earlier preview of a 2019 IndyCar at Laguna Seca, and a short trailer of a Corvette on the Interlargos track - all of which are aimed to give players a little bit more insight into how the cars are set to behave out on the track.

So, what do you think of the latest gameplay video? Like the look of the title so far? Excited for release? Let us know in the comments section below!

PCARS 3 middle.jpg

In other Project CARS 3 news, the studio are soon to release a full list of both cars and circuits set to form the base release version of the title. We've already seen some preview images and footage from such locations as Laguna Seca and Interlargos, plus cars such as the above McLaren and the 2019 Dallara IndyCar, so it will be interesting to see what other content is set to form the initial launch spec of the title once it releases this August 28th - stay tuned for more info!

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

PCARS 3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Nice video, August 28, is in a less than a month, this is getting interesting.

Chances that I will drive the stunning 2019 Porsche 935 at the German Leipzig Porsche test track in real life? Alot less than 0.1%!

Chances that I will enjoy myself driving in on a very nicely done track and in outstanding cockpit version of the stunning 2019 Porsche 935 at the German Leipzig Porsche test track in VR? Close to 100%. I like my odds on this one.

For everything else that I already enjoy doing with all the other SIM in my library, well, they will still be there for me to enjoy as well.

Looking forward to discover what else is in the full list of cars and tracks available at launch.

I am sorry, I forgot that we don't care about simulation anymore. I will attempt to slowly remove myself from the community. I am also clearly absolutely wrong because I haven't driven that car in real life, so the observations are clearly useless as well.

Who said I was referring to you?

But since you asked, here you go:

There's some decent physics engines that can give you a leg up.

Good luck. Looking forward to playing with it!

Last edited:
Ok so we have enough full sim games to play so why not a arcade one for a change, just jump in and drive and have some fun.

I own RF1, RF2, AC, ACC, Dirt Rally 2, Dirt Rally 2, Raceroom, Wreckfest PC1, PC2, and soon will purchase PC3 and they all play different. (Sim, Simcade, Arcade)
Love them all even though there not perfect.

Just wait until it finally comes out then make a decision if you buy it or not.

Bring it on.

Ok so we have enough full sim games to play so why not a arcade one for a change, just jump in and drive and have some fun.

I own RF1, RF2, AC, ACC, Dirt Rally 2, Dirt Rally 2, Raceroom, Wreckfest PC1, PC2, and soon will purchase PC3 and they all play different. (Sim, Simcade, Arcade)
Love them all even though there not perfect.

Just wait until it finally comes out then make a decision if you buy it or not.

Bring it on.

I'll meet you there.

Fun is what we're looking for. I'm desperately waiting for a sequel to Split Second, the end of the game heralded a sequel. I've been waiting 10 years ^^

One hour races are not endurance. Tire wear in one hour sprint races is pretty noticeable. So the right answer is not "no one wants endurance" but "we are looking for shortcuts".
For the majority, one hour racers are not only "endurance" but "SURVIVAL". Most people who play racing games aren't really into actually driving the same car and same track for an hour or even longer. They want their races short and sweet. But it's ok...you don't seem to be willing to accept this as a fact, you want to believe what you want to believe so...done.

I am also clearly absolutely wrong because I haven't driven that car in real life, so the observations are clearly useless as well.
Observations, based on a video, are pretty hard to evaluate...that's not meant, that it's useless.^^
To me it looks pretty much, like the driving in pCars2 (which i'm not disliking thaaat much, like many do), but i couldn't tell for sure and i couldn't make any evaluation about how combined slip behaves in this example...
Looking forward to playing with it!
If you want to play with his contributions to simulations, he was already part of, you should try the LIDAR Goodwood for AC...there is also a Jaguar XJ 13 project for rF2 you can try. ;)

Who said I was referring to you?

But since you asked, here you go:

There's some decent physics engines that can give you a leg up.

Good luck. Looking forward to playing with it!
BSM (Bike Sim Experience)....which RD clearly doesn't give a flying F#%^ about.....will also run on Unity.

I think ill save my money this time tbh 90 minutes playing time for 90$+ works out roughly 1$ a minute,
ill just leave this here and walk away with my head in my hands.. :whistling:
View attachment 393788

That's ironic, because I have a ton of RSS content for AC, and I'd put the Formula Renault 3.5 in PC2 up against anything you guys have produced in terms of quality. Definitely the best open wheeler in that sim IMHO

That's ironic, because I have a ton of RSS content for AC, and I'd put the Formula Renault 3.5 in PC2 up against anything you guys have produced in terms of quality. Definitely the best open wheeler in that sim IMHO
Yes that may well be the case,
Just personally from my side I do not have that much time to be honest for example on a average week I might play ingame maybe 4-5hrs maximum and that is only the past 18 months or so before this had no wheel almost 3 years so was just all work 100% of the time,

but the past 18 months or so maybe 3-4-5hrs a week I get to enjoy the luxury of playing games for actual fun of just driving them,

graphically these games hold up against any game out there on the market visually they are totally stunning, physically driving id rather waste the very limited time I have playing other games such as say AC-ACC-IR-R3E-RF2 and so on,

the sensation of actually driving does not even compare at all,
like I say ill pass I am not getting my monies worth from the titles I never said they was bad simply shown I do not have the time to play them,

but you might have more free time than me and that is good as long as you enjoy the game no one here is complaining over that good for you. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.