PC2 Project CARS 2 Update 2.0 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Update 1.jpg

PlayStation 4 and PC versions of Project CARS 2 received a nice new update today, patching the game to build version 2.0 and adding plenty of fixes.

The new update follows relatively hot on the heels of the September 28th update and addresses plenty of the problem areas reported by the community since the game released, most notable of which would be the AI behavioural and race line improvements, hopefully going some way towards bringing the game AI up to speed and able to present a more respectable offline experience.

Other notable changes for this new patch include potential optimisation improvements to a number of the tracks within Project CARS 2, something that will come as a relief to a number of users who have reported less than ideal FPS returns between different circuit and atmospheric conditions.

No news is available as to the potential for an Xbox One update to the game, stay tuned for more on that at as and when it becomes available..

Build 2.0 Release Notes
  • Improved driving line assist.
  • Various AI behavioural and race line improvements.
  • Multiple improvements and enhancements to multiplayer, and lobby handling.
  • Improvements and enhancements to audio and sound effects.
  • Improvements and enhancements to replays and replay cameras.
  • USB keyboard support improved.
  • Improvements, enhancements and fixes to Career flow.
  • Enhancements to various cars’ handling and standard setup improvements.
  • Tweaks and fixes to Achievement / Trophy unlock logic.
  • Tweaks and fixes to setup UI and flow.
  • Improved default assists for gamepad users.
  • Fixes and improvements to headlights and brake lights.
  • Fixes and improvements to ICM appearance and functionality.
  • Improvements and enhancements to steering wheel support.
  • Fixes and improvements to certain weather / tyre combinations.
  • Optimisations to tracks across the game.
  • Myriad render and performance tweaks and improvements.

Project CARS 2 is available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

Project CARS 2 Update 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Update 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 Update 4.jpg

To take your Project CARS 2 experience to the next level, head over to our RaceDepartment Project CARS 2 sub forum and check out the community discussion. We have a place to download the latest Project CARS 2 mods, a brand new Racing Club. Head over, get involved and become part of the community today!

Happy with the new patch? What do you think of the game so far? How do the AI compare following build 2.0? Let us know below!

Last edited:
  • ronniej

You are absolutely right and did also right. So many bugs (multiplayer!), it's shame that it was already released. If I had ordered it via steam, I would have refunded it too for sure!
Like others, I had high hopes with all the hype, so I can only assume that they released it due to the release date etc. and figured they would try to fix the bugs "n" such later.

Like others, I had high hopes with all the hype, so I can only assume that they released it due to the release date etc. and figured they would try to fix the bugs "n" such later.
On behalf of everyone else thank you for refunding we really appreciate it. Now if you can only find the time between "your" 3 sims, maybe you can stop doing this.;)
ArcticGoodnaturedChameleon-max-1mb.gif

Just bought a copy, it's more or less a trial though, i get ready to refund if i don't like it. Currently downloading. Would be happy if anyone can tell me the most enjoyable FFB settings, i have a T300.
Can anyone suggest a good track-car (preferably streetcar) combo for testing the FFB and physics and a good track-class combo to race against the AI? Want to see the game at it's best before deciding

Just bought a copy, it's more or less a trial though, i get ready to refund if i don't like it. Currently downloading. Would be happy if anyone can tell me the most enjoyable FFB settings, i have a T300.
Can anyone suggest a good track-car (preferably streetcar) combo for testing the FFB and physics and a good track-class combo to race against the AI? Want to see the game at it's best before deciding

The official forums are probably a better place to ask. :)

A quick question...we knew the bug/problem where in wet races AI was tooooo slow...now I'm facing the opposite problem...if I start a race in dry conditions, then the rain starts to fall down and the truck became very wet, the AI drivers literally flyes on slick tires while I struggling to keep the car on truck...does this happend to you too? Also can't understand why there's no a proper wearther forecast for the race..you only know weather changes by radio...and can't really set up a strategy...also because (another stupid thing) you can't know what tyres are using other drivers for the race...

While your waiting for it to dl, you should read this link before heading out on track so you understand the complexity of the tire model and how the dynamic track and weather effects the optimal temps or youll most likely write it off like myself and many others thinking it had crappy physics and ffb. :)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/car-behavior-and-tire-temps-after-patch-2-0.361962/

This is a link to the tread I started here at rd

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/game-changing-info.142309/

As for wheel setting id suggest just using either the base informative or raw flavour and get accustom to what your feeling and getting the tire up to temp than make some adjustments to fit your needs. :)

I am not gonna try selling you on the title as everyone has different preferences for what they like and want from a game. That being said i've had the title from launch and can honestly tell you 2hrs testing isint gonna scratch the surface, the title is far more complex than i gave it credit and had to completly change how I drove and plan strategies for every session while adjust on the go.
There are bugs on the pc but nothing ive come across that was game breaking so if your one of those that thinks the game should be complete at launch, considering not one sim has launched complete in the past yrs.....id just hit the refund button now lol
Also note there should be a big multiplayer update coming in the future that will add all the mp league stuff.

Cheers

Last edited:
Oh jeez....
I like AC but actually hate Rf2, that doesn't make it a bad game, which is why I don't troll the RFactor forums and do this again and again, hoping for a different result, maybe if I complain enough, jeez. Thanks for giving it a try, I know everyone on the planet was anxiously awaiting your un-biased opinion. But now that I've read a few, if I never read another one it will still be 20 YEARS TOO SOON. (clicks on ignore)
beating-dead-horse-gif-11.gif

I've found the Jack Spade files (Custom flavor in game) feel great for me with my Thrustmaster TX. I don't drive street cars much, mostly vintage like Lotus, vintage touring/GT, Group 5, GTO, ... PC2 is a deep game, will be hard to get a good understanding within 2 hours.
upload_2017-10-14_16-41-35.png

This patch seems to have improved the AI a bit but has magnified several big issues for me at least..... the SMS stored setups, whilst a good idea, are useless as the game will randomly load one for your session without telling you..... making any serious practice to edit setups completely pointless. If you return to the pits via the menu, it will also load a random setup for you....

Cars that drive perfectly well on Pcars 1, Ac and other games are frickin undrivable on this release.... I started a season pre patch and was doing well, post patch I may as well have no tyres on each session as that's the level of grip I had.

I'm glad I bought the game at a reduced price now and have decided to sell it and move on. I'll stick to F1 2017 for now and wait for GT sport. My Honest opinion for anyone looking to buy this, don't buy it yet, wait a few weeks and see if they manage to iron out the bugs, you'll end up tearing your hair out and stop playing it if you jump in too soon. The game itself is based on a fantastic idea, the execution of the final release was a bit poor and has tainted it. If you have already bought it, find a car and track that works and enjoy the puddles or snow, as that's all I can say works well, the volume of tracks and cars is a good stat but useless at this time.

This patch seems to have improved the AI a bit but has magnified several big issues for me at least..... the SMS stored setups, whilst a good idea, are useless as the game will randomly load one for your session without telling you..... making any serious practice to edit setups completely pointless. If you return to the pits via the menu, it will also load a random setup for you....

Cars that drive perfectly well on Pcars 1, Ac and other games are frickin undrivable on this release.... I started a season pre patch and was doing well, post patch I may as well have no tyres on each session as that's the level of grip I had.

I'm glad I bought the game at a reduced price now and have decided to sell it and move on. I'll stick to F1 2017 for now and wait for GT sport. My Honest opinion for anyone looking to buy this, don't buy it yet, wait a few weeks and see if they manage to iron out the bugs, you'll end up tearing your hair out and stop playing it if you jump in too soon. The game itself is based on a fantastic idea, the execution of the final release was a bit poor and has tainted it. If you have already bought it, find a car and track that works and enjoy the puddles or snow, as that's all I can say works well, the volume of tracks and cars is a good stat but useless at this time.

The only car that is undriveable ( so far cause I havent tried all yet ) for me in PC2 is the MX5 Radbul !
The FFB is absolute crap, but only this car ??

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.