PC2 Project CARS 2 Update 2.0 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Update 1.jpg

PlayStation 4 and PC versions of Project CARS 2 received a nice new update today, patching the game to build version 2.0 and adding plenty of fixes.

The new update follows relatively hot on the heels of the September 28th update and addresses plenty of the problem areas reported by the community since the game released, most notable of which would be the AI behavioural and race line improvements, hopefully going some way towards bringing the game AI up to speed and able to present a more respectable offline experience.

Other notable changes for this new patch include potential optimisation improvements to a number of the tracks within Project CARS 2, something that will come as a relief to a number of users who have reported less than ideal FPS returns between different circuit and atmospheric conditions.

No news is available as to the potential for an Xbox One update to the game, stay tuned for more on that at as and when it becomes available..

Build 2.0 Release Notes
  • Improved driving line assist.
  • Various AI behavioural and race line improvements.
  • Multiple improvements and enhancements to multiplayer, and lobby handling.
  • Improvements and enhancements to audio and sound effects.
  • Improvements and enhancements to replays and replay cameras.
  • USB keyboard support improved.
  • Improvements, enhancements and fixes to Career flow.
  • Enhancements to various cars’ handling and standard setup improvements.
  • Tweaks and fixes to Achievement / Trophy unlock logic.
  • Tweaks and fixes to setup UI and flow.
  • Improved default assists for gamepad users.
  • Fixes and improvements to headlights and brake lights.
  • Fixes and improvements to ICM appearance and functionality.
  • Improvements and enhancements to steering wheel support.
  • Fixes and improvements to certain weather / tyre combinations.
  • Optimisations to tracks across the game.
  • Myriad render and performance tweaks and improvements.

Project CARS 2 is available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

Project CARS 2 Update 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Update 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 Update 4.jpg

To take your Project CARS 2 experience to the next level, head over to our RaceDepartment Project CARS 2 sub forum and check out the community discussion. We have a place to download the latest Project CARS 2 mods, a brand new Racing Club. Head over, get involved and become part of the community today!

Happy with the new patch? What do you think of the game so far? How do the AI compare following build 2.0? Let us know below!

Last edited:
Fanapryde, I read your message at the beginning of this topic.
I understand you perfectly, but I just can not understand what I see in the cockpits in this game. This is contrary to common sense and very far from reality.
Yes, don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. I started the topic in the pCars2 forum for the same reason, but as it turns out, SMS decided not to change it.

Last edited:
The only car that is undriveable ( so far cause I havent tried all yet ) for me in PC2 is the MX5 Radbul !
The FFB is absolute crap, but only this car ??

The FFB is driven from the forces acting through the tyre contact patch into the suspension geometry and finally into the steering rack. And since this car currently has very low caster by default (I think I saw a mention of this being adjusted for better FFB in some internal build notes), you're going to get very little information from the steering rack and hence FFB.

In other words, it's a known issue that has been/is being looked into. :)

EDIT: If you can adjust the caster (I haven't checked), maybe try adding more caster to see if this changes the FFB experience for you?

Last edited:
The FFB is driven from the forces acting through the tyre contact patch into the suspension geometry and finally into the steering rack. And since this car currently has very low caster by default (I think I saw a mention of this being adjusted for better FFB in some internal build notes), you're going to get very little information from the steering rack and hence FFB.

In other words, it's a known issue that has been/is being looked into. :)

EDIT: If you can adjust the caster (I haven't checked), maybe try adding more caster to see if this changes the FFB experience for you?

Well no change after the last update regarding FFB !
But I will try changing the caster but I doubt it will feel any better ;)

Made a two hours test and i am definitely positive towards the game. Tried a few different FFB settings with and without Jack Spade, definitely didn't find the best one yet, but it's at least on par with AC in that respect.
Tried AI races with street A, GT4, GT3 and Historic Le Mans. First three ones worked pretty well, chosing random tracks i didn't encounter any issue, quite the opposite, i liked their agressiveness (on 70). Only Historic Le Mans on historic Spa didn't work so well, AI made accidents twice which lead to a pile-up in a high speed corner once.
Didn't get to test weather in the two hours, but the dry testing is definitely positive. When the issues about the AI in the wet i read about get sorted and the game/AI is further refined i'll buy it, probably when the first sale is on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back