PC2 Project CARS 2 Update 2.0 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Update 1.jpg

PlayStation 4 and PC versions of Project CARS 2 received a nice new update today, patching the game to build version 2.0 and adding plenty of fixes.

The new update follows relatively hot on the heels of the September 28th update and addresses plenty of the problem areas reported by the community since the game released, most notable of which would be the AI behavioural and race line improvements, hopefully going some way towards bringing the game AI up to speed and able to present a more respectable offline experience.

Other notable changes for this new patch include potential optimisation improvements to a number of the tracks within Project CARS 2, something that will come as a relief to a number of users who have reported less than ideal FPS returns between different circuit and atmospheric conditions.

No news is available as to the potential for an Xbox One update to the game, stay tuned for more on that at as and when it becomes available..

Build 2.0 Release Notes
  • Improved driving line assist.
  • Various AI behavioural and race line improvements.
  • Multiple improvements and enhancements to multiplayer, and lobby handling.
  • Improvements and enhancements to audio and sound effects.
  • Improvements and enhancements to replays and replay cameras.
  • USB keyboard support improved.
  • Improvements, enhancements and fixes to Career flow.
  • Enhancements to various cars’ handling and standard setup improvements.
  • Tweaks and fixes to Achievement / Trophy unlock logic.
  • Tweaks and fixes to setup UI and flow.
  • Improved default assists for gamepad users.
  • Fixes and improvements to headlights and brake lights.
  • Fixes and improvements to ICM appearance and functionality.
  • Improvements and enhancements to steering wheel support.
  • Fixes and improvements to certain weather / tyre combinations.
  • Optimisations to tracks across the game.
  • Myriad render and performance tweaks and improvements.

Project CARS 2 is available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

Project CARS 2 Update 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Update 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 Update 4.jpg

To take your Project CARS 2 experience to the next level, head over to our RaceDepartment Project CARS 2 sub forum and check out the community discussion. We have a place to download the latest Project CARS 2 mods, a brand new Racing Club. Head over, get involved and become part of the community today!

Happy with the new patch? What do you think of the game so far? How do the AI compare following build 2.0? Let us know below!

Last edited:
Apparently this multiplayer is already dead on this game for pc. it only just recently came out and only has slightly more players than assetto corsa
Meh once the game is polished I bet many will come back for the weather and day/night transitions. People tend to forget that AC has been out for 5 years already so that's not a fair comparison.

The single best thing about PCars 2: no crazy shills working 24/7 as zealots policing forums and comments, trying to discredit anyone about pretty much anything.

Except of course on their home forums, where you can get a ban without a warning.

After having banned from the PCars forums for reporting bugs, I've maintained a running list of bugs over on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/74qqbp/danneskjolds_running_list_of_bugs_big_and_small/

I edit in new bugs as I go along, and remove bugs that have been fixed (0 have been fixed so far). 47 Bugs so far, rated in severity. 1 = Horrible game breaking bug. Highest number = Inconvenient bug to be fixed whenever.

Wow, no wonder you got banned - your post is a **** show on Reddit as well. 90% of those you cut and paste from other people with 0 attempts to replicate the error or find the cause. The other 10% is a goofy list of demands.

"OTHER GAMES HAVE PIT SPEED LIMITER ENGAGED HUR DUR" just press the button and move on with your vengeful life.

AND - your tire complaints are entirely baseless. Harder tires are for hotter tracks. Go drive with high track temps on rain tires and watch them melt in 1/2 a lap.

It is very sad to see that every single time anyone reports an issue with PC2 not long time after a first reaction is:

- question the validity of the report
- compare the reported issue with other software (“if we would look at AC, AMS, rF2, ... etc”)
- insist on a specific bug report compliance
- question the bug reporter to have malicious intents in reporting a “fake bug” (labelling him/her a “PC2 hater”, “[insert any other software here] fan boy”, ...)

Some people simply want to enjoy PC2, have their buggy game fixed but can’t as they always have to climb that immense wall first for every single bug they report to prove themselves and their intents first.

I have found though that when reporting a single issue on the official PC forum in the correct forum and with the required mandatory information given one is helped very quickly.

At launch PC2 had an immense amount of issues without a question - this flew directly in the face of all those users who were PC1 users and found SMS not dealing fairly with issues back then but nevertheless they bought PC2 as the marketing for PC2 was exclusively positive and the general image of “this time we will be treated with the best sim with all reqested features fixed and properly working from the start promise”.
The promise was so big, it naturally had to be a disappointment for people who believed in it.

I imagine for anyone who came to PC2 completely afresh it can be a wonderful game and although having still issues can be enjoyable.

I was disapointed with PC1, I found the marketing and promise of fixed features interesting enough to buy PC2 dispite doubts, I found PC2 on launch unplayable and disapointing (not matching the promises made), I stepped back a little and watch PC2 now from the side, having found a few car+track combos I can enjoy (and that give hope for a possible fix of other cars tracks features to be fixed at some point).

After the 2.0 patch I had a few quick tries of certain car + track combos and found improvements I liked (the AI was not entirely suicidal and uncapable of driving but perhaps more likely to keep their cars on track and from crashing others constantly for one).

I see progress.
I have hopes PC2 will in a few years be what SMS (and too many media sources including Racedepartment.com) have made it look to be before launch.
I hope that the ever aggressive tone when people report issues and also when people question reported issues comes down to a more polite and factual language.

PC2 does have issues without the shadow of a doubt. Most if not all of those issues are fixable.
Most people who report those issues simply want the game they bought to be fixed and are not reporting an issue with the intent of harm.

I wonder if they will release one day a "bugs DLC".
A bunch of gay men with a bunch of assholles (wmd members) and the result is named Pshit.
I can't count how many stupid things are packed in this software as if all together they were not able to make one correct brain.
I'm upset each time i play and i'm not maso.
Tell us how you really feel? :laugh:

Wow, no wonder you got banned - your post is a **** show on Reddit as well. 90% of those you cut and paste from other people with 0 attempts to replicate the error or find the cause. The other 10% is a goofy list of demands.

"OTHER GAMES HAVE PIT SPEED LIMITER ENGAGED HUR DUR" just press the button and move on with your vengeful life.

AND - your tire complaints are entirely baseless. Harder tires are for hotter tracks. Go drive with high track temps on rain tires and watch them melt in 1/2 a lap.

With the exception of Invisible Walls (where I included visual proof of it happening), every single bug I listed has either happened to me or I literally witnessed it happen first hand.

Apparently this multiplayer is already dead on this game for pc. it only just recently came out and only has slightly more players than assetto corsa
?
Ive had no issues finding rooms to join at any time here in western canada....usually a good 60+ servers during peak euro time and roughly 10-20+ servers with people in them when i get off work at 3am.
Alot better than my other goto titles AMS & RRE....there your lucky to find more than 10 people online outside peak hrs.
Even iracing which i though would have alot going being a us based title is a little slow after 10pm est.
Overall its a euro populated niche market, sim racing seems to be dying here in north america and tends to favour titles like Forza and GT series.
But even during there peaks back in the day not much was going on in the evenings.

Edit: you mentioned it had slightly more players than AC but feel the mp is already dead....wouldnt that mean AC is dead aswell? :)
In the grand scheme theres really not alot of us racers to support all these titles. I consider AC to be the most populated so if the numbers are compareable I personally see that as a good thing!

Last edited:
It is very sad to see that every single time anyone reports an issue with PC2 not long time after a first reaction is:

- question the validity of the report
- compare the reported issue with other software (“if we would look at AC, AMS, rF2, ... etc”)
- insist on a specific bug report compliance
- question the bug reporter to have malicious intents in reporting a “fake bug” (labelling him/her a “PC2 hater”, “[insert any other software here] fan boy”, ...)

Some people simply want to enjoy PC2, have their buggy game fixed but can’t as they always have to climb that immense wall first for every single bug they report to prove themselves and their intents first.

I have found though that when reporting a single issue on the official PC forum in the correct forum and with the required mandatory information given one is helped very quickly.

At launch PC2 had an immense amount of issues without a question - this flew directly in the face of all those users who were PC1 users and found SMS not dealing fairly with issues back then but nevertheless they bought PC2 as the marketing for PC2 was exclusively positive and the general image of “this time we will be treated with the best sim with all reqested features fixed and properly working from the start promise”.
The promise was so big, it naturally had to be a disappointment for people who believed in it.

I imagine for anyone who came to PC2 completely afresh it can be a wonderful game and although having still issues can be enjoyable.

I was disapointed with PC1, I found the marketing and promise of fixed features interesting enough to buy PC2 dispite doubts, I found PC2 on launch unplayable and disapointing (not matching the promises made), I stepped back a little and watch PC2 now from the side, having found a few car+track combos I can enjoy (and that give hope for a possible fix of other cars tracks features to be fixed at some point).

After the 2.0 patch I had a few quick tries of certain car + track combos and found improvements I liked (the AI was not entirely suicidal and uncapable of driving but perhaps more likely to keep their cars on track and from crashing others constantly for one).

I see progress.
I have hopes PC2 will in a few years be what SMS (and too many media sources including Racedepartment.com) have made it look to be before launch.
I hope that the ever aggressive tone when people report issues and also when people question reported issues comes down to a more polite and factual language.

PC2 does have issues without the shadow of a doubt. Most if not all of those issues are fixable.
Most people who report those issues simply want the game they bought to be fixed and are not reporting an issue with the intent of harm.

How about the exact opposite of what you just described? Are you really that blind that you can't see how amazingly badly written and down right insulting a huge amount of supposedly useful and legitimate "bug reports" are? Have you compared legitimately useful bug reports with polite wording and the **** show bug reports (like mr Danneskjold over here who is spreading his sour milk all over the various forums.. no idea what he is trying to accomplish with that)? Noticed a slightly different response to those? Yeah.. one gets a thank you from the mods or developers and the **** shows get first warned, then banned.

I find it absolutely amazing how so many people seem to be oblivious to these differences. I mean.. just look at this place, Racedepartment. It's just.. there aren't any words for it. Amazing. It's like watching some weird parody unfolding yet one knows there are real humans behind all of these comments, which makes it so depressing.

Anyhow, I too hope that SMS improve the game and fix the bugs. Yes I too was annoyed that it yet again shipped in such an unpolished state and I told them that, multiple times, straight to their faces over at the WMD forums.. yet miraculously (according to the logic of people here at Racedepartment) I haven't been banned yet. Point is: These things take time. Unfortunately.

I may be lucky though. The game works amazingly well for me and I haven't yet suffered from any game braking bugs nor bad FFB or anything. Heck I haven't even had the game crash on me yet. Been booted from some multiplayer sessions by some glitches but that's about it.. oh and car setup saving only works reliably if you always save a completely new file, so I've been doing that. I'm still getting tons of enjoyment from the game. There's so much to explore and so many cars to learn and tinker with their setups (this game has the most responsive setups of them all.. just amazing how you can feel the slightest tweaks).

Anyhow, not sure what I was on about. It's midweek and I had a free evening and a few.. no, many.. beers. I'm blaming my rant on that.

In cockpit view the steering wheel base is offset to the right or left, which makes the dashboard gauges not aligned with your real wheel. I have virtual wheel disabled, but if you use it, it will not match the place of the real wheel.
Which happens in other sims too, but they offer the possibility to adjust. As it seems VR users are not or less affected, as are controller users.

Several cars IRL have their steering wheels not aligned to the drivers' position. The camera position in PC2 is set to the drivers' eyes, and as a result, the wheel in these cars will be correctly offset from the centerline.

It's annoying, yes, but it's accurate.

No news is available as to the potential for an Xbox One update to the game, stay tuned for more on that at as and when it becomes available..

That's because, as @Ian Bell admitted, 3rd party testers either failed to test the basics (ffb, discos, slow-motion racing, game breaking A.I.) or tested them and SMS decided to sell a defective product to console users. They abhor console users. Promises made, then broken.

The only reason I'm keeping the game is because SMS at least showed console users some respect the first time around, taking about 12 patches to get a game that should have been there from the jump. This time around, they broke the backs of console users to build a bridge to future PC users. Boardroom fraud. Not a shock.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

@bmanic - yeah usual trolls & haters showing up
@Dirk Steffen :thumbsup: nice post
?
Ive had no issues finding rooms to join at any time here in western canada....usually a good 60+ servers during peak euro time and roughly 10-20+ servers with people in them when i get off work at 3am.
Try this - also for everyone not being able to see certain or any multiplayer sessions:
Steam > Settings > In-Game > In-Game server browser: Max pings / minutes < set it to 5000
I hope they fix that, so we can see all servers by default without that setting, a disadvantage that all servers run through Steam. Proper fix would be to have servers completely independant of Steam.

Also all dedicated servers need to be first updated before you can see & play on them again

How about the exact opposite of what you just described? Are you really that blind that you can't see how amazingly badly written and down right insulting a huge amount of supposedly useful and legitimate "bug reports" are? Have you compared legitimately useful bug reports with polite wording and the **** show bug reports (like mr Danneskjold over here who is spreading his sour milk all over the various forums.. no idea what he is trying to accomplish with that)? Noticed a slightly different response to those? Yeah.. one gets a thank you from the mods or developers and the **** shows get first warned, then banned.

This may come as a surprise to you, but I was trying to accomplish getting the bugs recognized and fixed. I took the time to collect, compile, and post 47 bugs (so far).

Note that some of these bugs have been in the Project Cars franchise since day 1 of the release of Project Cars 1.

Edit: Also, since I made this post, I've discovered another bug.

Last edited:
Even iracing which i though would have alot going being a us based title is a little slow after 10pm est.
Overall its a euro populated niche market, sim racing seems to be dying here in north america and tends to favour titles like Forza and GT series.

Absolutely agree!

Euro market is the center with South Pacific, though small, being the second center. AMS gets a bump during Brazilian evening time, but mostly on private servers and it doesn't last into west coast north American evening times.

@bmanic - yeah usual trolls & haters showing up
@Dirk Steffen :thumbsup: nice post

Try this - also for everyone not being able to see certain or any multiplayer sessions:
Steam > Settings > In-Game > In-Game server browser: Max pings / minutes < set it to 5000
I hope they fix that, so we can see all servers by default without that setting, a disadvantage that all servers run through Steam. Proper fix would be to have servers completely independant of Steam.

Also all dedicated servers need to be first updated before you can see & play on them again

Ya i raised my ping number to the max allowed in steam last week and it opened up another 150 servers.
Was the only way the RD server would appear ingame. Without raising the allowed steam ping I wasnt even able to join the server through a friend, hopefully they will adjust that :)

I find it absolutely amazing how so many people seem to be oblivious to these differences. I mean.. just look at this place, Racedepartment. It's just.. there aren't any words for it. Amazing. It's like watching some weird parody unfolding yet one knows there are real humans behind all of these comments, which makes it so depressing.

Anyhow, I too hope that SMS improve the game and fix the bugs. Yes I too was annoyed that it yet again shipped in such an unpolished state and I told them that, multiple times, straight to their faces over at the WMD forums.. yet miraculously (according to the logic of people here at Racedepartment) I haven't been banned yet. Point is: These things take time. Unfortunately.

I may be lucky though. The game works amazingly well for me and I haven't yet suffered from any game braking bugs nor bad FFB or anything. Heck I haven't even had the game crash on me yet. Been booted from some multiplayer sessions by some glitches but that's about it.. oh and car setup saving only works reliably if you always save a completely new file, so I've been doing that. I'm still getting tons of enjoyment from the game. There's so much to explore and so many cars to learn and tinker with their setups (this game has the most responsive setups of them all.. just amazing how you can feel the slightest tweaks).

Anyhow, not sure what I was on about. It's midweek and I had a free evening and a few.. no, many.. beers. I'm blaming my rant on that.
From what I understand reading your post we do generally agree about the state of PC2 but one point.
As a person who does produce and sells products and services to customers I have one fundamental understanding:

If you deliver a product or service that is in any way lacking and you receive a critique or complaint (or bug list or negative internet comment, … etc) about it, it is your obligation first and foremost to try very hard to understand the issue your customer describes to you and then as quick and as complete as it is possible to fix the issue and make sure your customer is satisfied.

This is the very one and only most important rule in business.

Yes, it can be painful and hurting your feelings when you have to read online in sometimes rather rude language negative comments, but it is not the point to argue about the tone of the comments or that some people repeatedly are mentioning the same issue or comment negatively.
It is the point that you absolutely have to collect the negative input, compile it into a to do list and work your heart out until the list of issues is corrected and your customers are satisfied.

I understand that this is not very easy when dealing with the passionate sim racing community on internet forums. Far too many people come over as being entitled or rude but as a business operator you absolutely have to filter out the unpleasantries and get to work.

I understand that SMS is doing currently just that and I also understand that most moderators over at the official PC forum are working pro bono and deal with the majority of the hard work of filtering information.
I commend them. They have my greatest respect.
I wish people in general would be more calm and a little more understanding.

I've put in about 10 hours in the game on PC. No AI racing. Online has worked flawless for me. 2 crashes out to desktop...when I was alt tabbing a lot. From my perspective, a pretty good launch. At least compared to some other Sims like rFactor 2

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back