PC2 Project Cars 2 doesn't hold ASW forced ON (Oculus Rift)

Hi all,
I have read some hints on this but didn't find any solution, so sorry if I'm repeating the topic. I'm facing a problem when trying to use forced ASW on, in pcars 2. I bought the game on Steam but use Oculus VR mode. Using Oculus debug tool performance hud, using forced ASW, I start the game and imediately I can see that it isn't working, the fps go way above and set at 90. Then I use Ctrl+3 and it sets at 45, but when I start any race and do a few turns, it just loses grip and it seems it's trying to go back to 90, but with a lot of stuttering and other bad visual stuff. If I press Ctrl+3 again, it doesn't do anything.

I have also tried OTT but that didn't seem to do anything also.

I have a Ryzen 2700X, GTX 1080 with 16gb ram.

Any help appreciated.

Hi all,

I hope I can help anyone who's facing the same problem. To fix this, just use Steam VR mode instead of Oculus mode. Crank everything up (specially SS to 1.5 as this gives the best visual boost) and just have fun at VR HIGH RES.

This imo, a (much) better overall experiencie than lowering the visuals to run 90fps. I really cannot tell the difference between 90fps vs 45fps ASW, except for some ocasional ghosting, but you really have to hunt for it.

My system:
Ryzen 2700X
MSI Gaming X 1080
16gb ram

RaceDepartment Store

• Featured
Made from high-strength steel to ensure superior quality and exceptional endurance, the MOZA SR-P Pedals come with adjustable pedal spacing and can be directly connected to a PC through the USB port. Buy now from Moza Racing ($39.90 – $218.90) With a high-precision pressure sensor of up to...
  • Featured
The R9's 9N·m of torque can simulate a full range of steering forces and car handling characteristics. Buy now from Moza Racing ($439,00) Minimum Weight & Maximum Torque Maximum torque from a compact body. Aviation Grade Aluminium Alloy Housing Unmatched quality and durability. The MOZA R9's...
  • Featured
With 16Nm of torque on tap the R16 can lay down an ultra-wide torque range that accurately reproduces the dynamic steering characteristics of top racing cars from F1 to IndyCar. Feel the road through the steering wheel. Buy now from MOZA Racing ($999,00) Beauty is Power Inspired by supercars...
  • Featured
The colors of black and gold were chosen to bring out the competitive spirit of the driver. The CRP pedal’s design incorporates the essence of hyper car styling. Buy now from MOZA Racing ($499,00) Aluminum Alloy Pedal Assembly Almost every part of the CRP is made of CNC aluminum alloy...
  • Featured
RaceDepartment
Views
Reaction score
Questions
The MOZA CM Digital Dash is a 5-inch colored HD dash, with 16.7 million colors and a 800 x 480 resolution that ensure stunning picture quality. The futuristic thin, floating dash sports a 60Hz refresh rate, and is compatible with most mainstream sim racing titles. Buy now from Moza Racing...
  • Featured
Real-Time Data Displayed in Panoramic HD Buy now from MOZA Racing ($299,00) Large Full Color HD Digital Dash At 5-inches with 16.7 million colors, and a screen resolution of 800x480. Drivers have a stunning digital dash that can display car status, lap times, and more. Aluminum Alloy Frame...