Problem with Installation of RSRBR 2011

Before I found this forum, I installed Richard Burns Rally on my PC, in one of the "Program Files" directories. I have played the game many times and am enjoying my first run through the career mode. Its amazing how well this game has held up over the last seven years since its release. Anyway, I found out over the weekend that in order to install the great 2011 mod, ROBR 2011 or something like that, I have to re-install Richard Burns Rally and avoid storing it in one of the "Program Files" directories. The problem is if I uninstall Richard Burns Rally, I will lose my saved game. Any advice on how to deal with this? Could I back up the save game to my back up hard drive and then do the uninstall and re-install? If so, where do I find the save game?

Also, tell me about single player rallies with the 2011 mod? Are there lots of new tracks? Cars? Better graphics?

Thanks!

If you're on Windows Vista or 7, and the game is in Program Files, I think you'll have to reinstall, yes.
Not sure about the save game, I've never played it in single player after finishing Rally School.

As far as RSRBR goes, there's a bunch of new cars, some very nicely done, some pretty basic. There are also quite a few stage packs
You can find them all here: car packs, stage packs

Graphics, as in surroundings, are the same. You can play with the HDR mod. Some of the cars look amazing, some look like crap :)

Here's an example

Before I found this forum, I installed Richard Burns Rally on my PC, in one of the "Program Files" directories. I have played the game many times and am enjoying my first run through the career mode. Its amazing how well this game has held up over the last seven years since its release. Anyway, I found out over the weekend that in order to install the great 2011 mod, ROBR 2011 or something like that, I have to re-install Richard Burns Rally and avoid storing it in one of the "Program Files" directories. The problem is if I uninstall Richard Burns Rally, I will lose my saved game. Any advice on how to deal with this? Could I back up the save game to my back up hard drive and then do the uninstall and re-install? If so, where do I find the save game?.............................
Thanks!

The answer to your problem could be to install a second installation of RBR - see this thread

http://www.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/55934-2-instals-rsrbr2011-on-one-pc.html

I've just done this and will post some notes with translations in the above thread later today - if you need any help with the second installation please ask in the above thread.

Pete

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back