Post your first impressions

General impressions so far seem abit disappointing.

I have some excellent mods for rF1 that look, feel and run very well so I dont really feel the need to invest in a rather underwhelming beta right now. I'l wait for things to improve closer to full release.

It's a beta. I didn't expect miracles there, but I actually got some anyway. People have been hyping up this game like mad so unless ISI is based on Mount Olympus and Gijon Camaj is the guy throwing lightning this game is going to disappoint even if it's actually pretty good.

I went in without expectations and I got blown away. Driving historic F1 at Spa 1966 is thé single most awesome and challenging experience I've had in simracing so far. I say that after four years of GTR2, GTL, RACE, RACE 07, rFactor, netKar PRO and iRacing. Spa looks awesome and breathes a unique atmosphere. It's amazing how many fun little details you can pick up from the countryside. The F1 car is just a monster. Especially if you take the one without wing. Completing a lap at Spa felt like I had driven the lap of the gods, even though I'm just a sad excuse for a racing driver that is terribly off the pace.

The Mégane drives like a charm. It handles smoothly, offering grip and screaming tyres when you start losing it. The cockpit looks a little simple, but it probably just is and I like how it reflects in the windshield. I can't wait to do some close racing with that car, because it is made for it.

Didn't really get excited about the Formula Renault. I just don't seem to connect with it like with the Mégane and the historics, but that maybe be just a matter of time.

Driving in changeable weather conditions that actually visibly affect the race track is something I've not experienced before. Sure some effects (like spray) still need to be added, but you can actually see a dry line starting to appear and can feel the difference between dry and wet.

I guess I will have to get a new graphics card, because I got a hard time bringing on more than 30 FPS with my 9600GT. Monaco just kills it, though I did manage some fun laps regardless.

In my opinion rFactor 2 shows a lot of potential. I'd love to see what they make of it as the beta progresses.

For me the driving model of the old school formula cars is fun, in combination with the new torque (ala Realfeel) based ffb makes for an interesting improvement on steering response, feeling all the little ripples and damaged surfaces at Spa for example truly is ground breaking in that respect. The Renault 3.5's and Megs make me feel empty inside and feel like they were done by someone completely different with no soul, no offence meant to the author, tyre model and feedback through the steering feels waaaay inferior to the old school formula cars, so there is something funky going on with the 3.5's suspension geometry which plays havoc with the new FFB, feels very very funky sometimes.

Super super impressive real time shadows and lighting on the Sepang track (not tested anywhere else yet properly).

Much to early to say anything further from me for now, just some quick and dirty gut reactions.

Well...my impressions..good luck in reading my post :p

I was expecting much from the vids and photos which i saw in the past months..
In general i feel good but not as i was expecting..
More in depth:
Just to clear that im Kunos fun(in terms of physics-ffb...feeling in general)..
Pls dont take me as a fanboy cause i hate fanboys :D,i like the "truth"

Driving experience:
Months ago,i asked in ISI forums how is the feeling..can u give us more info about that?(its the first thing i look into a sim and its the most important for me and physics of course)
They answered positive but in the end its up to me cause i had to drive it..
I read also(from an inside ISI's stuff i guess) that he cant drive anymore rfactor1 cause in rfactor 2 feeling is much better..
Also in ISI forums the last weeks finnaly i saw many asking pls make feeling of nkpro etc..
And yesterday before i buy it,i saw a post saying rfactor 2 its up there with nkpro and i was happy!

Started with formula renault..I was kind..well..i cant feel it like nkpro but it has something strange..I couldnt understand its ffb.I made more laps..Then i realised that it has the same feeling like many rfactor formula mods that u cant feel if the tyres have grip in the exit of the turn so u can press gas..The wheel in this point hasnt any strength and cant understand what to do...

Again,my first thought when judging a sim is the "driving experience"..as kunos said in his last interview "no compromises"..Maybe im a little hard on this sry about that:p

So,i then tested the renault megane..I said nice! I felt more info in my wheel,i could drive it more easy in turns cause i could feel more..
It was better but nothing excited! It was very good in general!

And now the best part...The old formula(sry i dont remeber names :p).....Wow! I said this is it! Fantastic work! I felt it like nkpro,i was driving it with a big smile in my face! I could feel everything! I just couldnt stop lapping and lapping..:)
I drove a little in the rain and it was very easy and i wanted more acuaplaing like nkpro.I was driving after turn 1 in monaco with rain and i was pressing full gas and there u can turn a little bit the wheel so u can turn these 2 fast corners,and i was expecting to loose...it didnt happend just a little bit.I wanted to feel the loose of the rear when u go over a puddle.It wasnt much slippery,but i dont know how much the implement the rain maybe it isnt finished or maybe i need more laps.

Conclusion of my driving expeirence is that if they can make such a good feeling in the old formula i suppose they can make the other cars aewsome too! I know its a beta so ill wait for next updates,i hope others have the same impression and ISI will update them!

Now,my impression in other things..
Graphics:I have a 6950 2gb..I was running at first everything full except antilising to x4(it can go to x8)..
My impression was nice,ok they seem good,i liked some animations,i liked a lot the "look" of the tyres especially when u lock them,very nice! (flatspots,tyre wear,smoke..aewsome!)
I puted then x8 and i saw diference.More detail but no something aewsome.
The look of the track was nice in general,but again in some photos was better and i expecting better but its ok for me cause as i told u before other things are important for me.

Sounds:It was very good,i liked them.Especially in the old formula..very clean sound,enjoyable! In the formula renault was a little strange but maybe is the rpm's,i wanted it more clear..
Also another cool sound is when u go to grass and then come back u hear the sound of the tyre trying to through away any grass u have in the tyres! very cool!
And the sound when u slide was very nice!
Enviroment sounds were ok,i liked the horns.

Imersion:It was ok.It has the "vibration" thing like rfactor 1 which i dont like it,i think its kinda cheap trick.ISI wrote that in monaco has many bumps thats why we see much of that vibration,in other tracks doesnt make so much vibration.Well i made laps in Sepang and it had it a lot,but thats my opinion.
I liked the movment of the head.In game stock car has a very good imersion when driving from cockpit! I like to be that imersion to rfactor2!

I didnt drive in night which i think it will be very cool!
In general a very good package! After driving the old formula i guess it has much pontetial! I was glad also to see that they gave attetion in driving expeirence!

Anyway time will show..its a beta in the end
These are my impressions from my perspective,with my criteria,from my point of view..maybe im wrong ;)

I hope everyone enjoyed and keep enjoying this new sim! :)

Cheers

I know its a big post :eek:

Edit:I correct a sentence lol...can changed to cant lol...it was the opposite impresion lol

Only few words, i have written a review in french.

Two really bad points with rf2.

- my e6600@3,2ghz and my 275gtx is NOT enough. 20 drivers : unplayable...
- if you don't have GSC, ffb is not bad i suppose. But if you have GSC, the ffb is not good at all.

It is a rf 1.5, sorry to say this...

What is GSC?

Game Stock Car - http://www.game-stockcar.com.br/home.aspx

Ohh dear me, I think this is an epic fail! I think it's even worst than RF1!
Yes, you are right, but when you try it you will see why!
No, just 15 minutes was enough!

And I think I've never read such useless posts in my whole life, doesn't even sound like you've tried the game yet, otherwise one would think you should have some points made..

Anyhow Ill be expecting try out the game later today :D

i dont know what you all guys have with the graphics ? did you every saw videos of webber or vettel in the red bull simulator? what does the graphics look there? right like a game from 1999. but its still in use cause the graphics isnt that what you need in a SIMULATION first.

i really like the game from the first minute. its easy to install, also easy to use and if your not addicted to a graphic like pCARS you can also drive with more then 5 ppls and and good framerate.

my system is an dual-core 2,8 amd athlon 2 X2 and an nvidia geforce gts 250 core edition 1gb. also i use 4gb of ram. the graphics are all full exepted the hdr and the reflections and x8 AA.

And remind. Its just a Beta. You cant expect a super duper perfect game in beta.

just my 2 cents

so long

Have been testing for a few hours now and I'm having a great time. Started with the older F3 car and I can't stop driving it!

It's so nice to have a more detailed track surface this time. ISI already commented that some of the tracks are a little exaggerated, but its nice to see the capabilities. There is so much going on now that it's difficult to keep up. The FFB feels quite rough at times but feels good through the low-speed transients and it feels like a good foundation. I'm really looking forward to seeing more tracks that can really take advantage of the new model.

I have only tested briefly with the weather variations and track conditions but it looked very interesting to me. This is a very important addition to the modeling and it will be interesting to test more and see how the model evolves.

I really want to make a new car for this platform now to test the new features!

So i've spent an hour or so playing this, rough idea of what I think of it.

Graphics : Massive improvement over RF1 and it does generally look good, though the strange bloom looking lighting and the general look of it feels a little lifeless to me, but it is still a great improvement and with some tweaks I'd be very happy with them. Performance wise it's not amazing, I have a fairly high end computer (much like some of the other posters have mentioned) and when you pump the graphics up (full with 8x AA, 2x AF, 1920x1080) the performance takes a hit and its not as smooth as you would hope, low spec computers will have it tough.

Sounds : From the driving view they sound great, the Megane sounds awesome inside, as does the Formula Renault, though from the outside tv camera view they all sound quite weak and weedy.

Physics : The Formula Renault seems to be messed up, it bounces around a lot, its like driving a car with no suspension or something, I found it to be almost undriveable. The oldschool cars are very good, though a little floaty, I also went through a patch where steer help was left on and set to low, it made the car undriveable until I had realised and turned it off, with that sorted I really like the cars, even though I can't drive it for **** as I try to go too fast. The Megane felt great also, the off throttle oversteer seemed a bit much but generally I really like it. I drove the pace car (no interior textures) and it seemed to be very easy to roll, too easy, but otherwise felt good.

FFB : Huge improvement over RF and it does indeed feel great with a lot of potential, but going over bumps (curbs or off track especially) it is very very gritty and grindy, sounds like its grinding the gears of my wheel and its not very pleasant, nor can it be good for the wheel.

I don't seem to be able to get a very natural feel for it yet and have barely finished a decent lap without spinning or crashing, might take some getting used to.

I'm not disapointed, Infact I like it, lots of potential for sure.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back