Post Pictures thread (Part 2)

Find the screenshot thread part 1: here

A project..

screenshot082copy.jpg

well I'd need a starter sound, idle, and a sound probably 2k rpm or higher. (doesn't have to be exact, just enough to really get the engine moving). best to record them all when sitting still, with a door open.

Edit, just watched your video your Dart looks like a 73 or there abouts, which isn't the heaviest thing in the world and you did a 1 wheel peel on gravel, which isn't really hard. (or shouldn't be)
74 Actually and this baby is equipped with a suregrip Both tires spun one was just absolutely shredded you can hear it going Flap Flap as i took off and you can see the dig mark where it was if you watch closely i had spun it and it had sat till it was absolutely past it was slinging the cap Actually held air some what But has huge chunks of rubber gone all 4 tires on it right now are cheap off brands that have been on it for over 10 years

Envmap blurring would be nice...

Infact, I wonder if you can use mip-map forcing in the shader to do that.

Try:

mipmap_lod_bias

In your shader file under the envmap reference in tex1 channel...

Ie,

myshader
{
reflect=1
layer0
{
map=lambobody.tga
}
layer1
{
map=$trackenvmap
mipmap_lod_bias= 0 or higher
}
}

0 means no biasing, but go above 0, and the mipmaps will get used sooner and sooner.

Not sure if it works, but if it does that is a good fudge for now... well spotted me :D

Hehe

Dave

Elise isn't 100% yet.

Imagine if we could blur the envmap.
That alluminiun paint of this car could look better. But now I need downsize the envmap. =(

Yeah I was thinking of this the other day. One thing you can do is make a normal map that's just noise, and tile it at a very high level and disable mipmapping. The issue with this is that the reflections become very grainy, but it is the more realistic blurring method. If there was a way to oversample this it would be perfect.

Hmm, I also think support for changing texture tile in the shader should be added again. There have been instances in which I want the diffuse texture to be tiled at 1 so it fits the UV perfectly, and then use a normal map tiled at a higher level for detial. I know we have a detail shader now, but I don't think it does reflect bump.

I'll try using a tiny mipmap from the envmap later, but do you think you could show me how to use a custom environment map (instead of track's environment map) for a shader? I can't understand how to do that in the current version but I want to do some experiments.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back