F1 2010 Post Patch 1.01 Issues

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
This is on the PC, dunno about console versions.

1: Autosave doesn't work anymore.
2: Timings in the race. Only gives overall race time, not lap time on the split timings. Although it does give the gaps between you and the other cars.
3: Audio settings. Defaults back to rapture, so if you changed it to software for the controller input lag, you need to change it back again.

Any others?

Can confirm the rain issue.

The track looks dark and damp, and occasionally you see a puddle whilst racing (on the track) the run-off areas look good with mix of damp and puddles.

If you do a instant replay of a section of track just driven on, you can instantly see difference between lack of puddles whilst racing and them showing in the replay. (use same view in both)

Happens on all driver views, and strangely after the replay - the puddles show on track whilst racing for about another 1-2 corners, after that the track shows no more puddles again.

Beads of rain are also blurred on my screen.

No mods here.

Can confirm the rain issue.

The track looks dark and damp, and occasionally you see a puddle whilst racing (on the track) the run-off areas look good with mix of damp and puddles.

If you do a instant replay of a section of track just driven on, you can instantly see difference between lack of puddles whilst racing and them showing in the replay. (use same view in both)

Happens on all driver views, and strangely after the replay - the puddles show on track whilst racing for about another 1-2 corners, after that the track shows no more puddles again.

Beads of rain are also blurred on my screen.

No mods here.

Snap.

to fix this just restore the orig database and auto save will be working again

Doesn't work. I did that, and the autosave came up. And saved when I got to qualifying at silverstone. When I closed the game and came back later, I was still at P2. I've been at P2 for the past couple days, because even if I run the race, it wont save after.

I wonder if a clean install will fix the problem, but then I might need to start a new game. I dont want to start a new game.

Doesn't work. I did that, and the autosave came up. And saved when I got to qualifying at silverstone. When I closed the game and came back later, I was still at P2. I've been at P2 for the past couple days, because even if I run the race, it wont save after.

I wonder if a clean install will fix the problem, but then I might need to start a new game. I dont want to start a new game.

As you can see from my earlier post, I did a clean install and managed to start where I left off.

Unfortunately after the third race it crashed me back to the desktop at the beginning of the race, I had saved the quali so thought I could start from the race but my save had been corrupted.

In the end I did a clean install, then swapped that out with my old F1 2010 folder and just swapped over the DB with the new ones and the game is working, I hope it will allow me to finish a season with no more messing around.

• RexRacerX

is there anyway to check if the patch has installed on your ps3? pretty sure i downloaded it, just not too sure cause i was held in the pits for ages last night and i was sure that was meant to be fixed.

It is a little annoying, I don't see anywhere a version number when you start up the game. Other people have reported still being held up in the pits post-patch (patch release notes do say this behavior was "improved", rather than "corrected")

It is a little annoying, I don't see anywhere a version number when you start up the game. Other people have reported still being held up in the pits post-patch (patch release notes do say this behavior was "improved", rather than "corrected")

Thanks man. the game is fine, just curious to know if it installed. i assume it is. still love this game.

thanks all for the help

If you can go online on the PS3 version then you have the patch installed.

I heard the pit lane bug has only been tweaked so it is better but you can still get held up, so it more realistic, eg remember its take a little longer to change nose and wheels than just wheels on there own.

Game patched ok (PC, Windows 7-64bit)

Problems:
- no more grip!! Car is much less reactive, I had to do corner at least 30km/h short..
- It seems to manage a truck, not a F1 car. The car is too weighty, due to the full fuel tank?

1. At the start of the game, it often remains hanging and not responding.

2. The start (if it's off) takes significantly longer

3. The game locks up suddenly.

4. Why is the game first starts up in windowed mode?

5. If I put the game in the taskbar, either black screen or the game breaks down.

6. I have no time even puddles.

These are errors which do not pass before the update turb

V´ideo

This is on the PC, dunno about console versions.

1: Autosave doesn't work anymore.
2: Timings in the race. Only gives overall race time, not lap time on the split timings. Although it does give the gaps between you and the other cars.
3: Audio settings. Defaults back to rapture, so if you changed it to software for the controller input lag, you need to change it back again.

Any others?

I have some wierd video change... Like graphics had went bad didnt get to change it... after reinstall and another patching done it fixed..

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.