F1 2010 Post Patch 1.01 Issues

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
This is on the PC, dunno about console versions.

1: Autosave doesn't work anymore.
2: Timings in the race. Only gives overall race time, not lap time on the split timings. Although it does give the gaps between you and the other cars.
3: Audio settings. Defaults back to rapture, so if you changed it to software for the controller input lag, you need to change it back again.

Any others?

I can't understand all this. I have a clean install on PC and the patch has been superb for me.
1) I have no saving game issues
2) big increase in fps
3) HUGE decrease in loading times
4) much better AI behaviour
5) better gap info in races
etc. etc.
All in all, a great patch. Well done CM - for me! Sorry that you guys are having issues.

No mods, after the patch I lost the rain,puddles, marbles and the mirrors.
But I did pick 65 fps.:)
Also read online if you turn off dx11 you'll gain all of this back.
Can someone explain how to override dx11 for me?
I would like to try this. :)
Also g25 has more feel. And my sli-pro works :)

Amd 3.4ghz phenom blk
8gs r
Ati5850
SSS hd's
Win7 64b

You are happy with the increase of fps, but you lost the rain puddles, marbles and the mirrors!?
When I decrease the settings in ati catalyst are graphics settings in game, then i have also more fps....
So, for me I am not happy with the fps increase after the patch, because I lost graphic quality.
I'am afraid that the increase of fps have a connection with less graphic quality :frown:, don't you think so?

Hope this may help some with the save issues or the CTD:

I have my F1 2010 through steam, after the patch everything was fine but then it started to crash after the third race. I cut the F1 2010 folder out of the steam directory which forced steam to download it again. I then removed the new version to a new folder, then I placed the old F1 2010 folder back in the steam folder, copied the Database folder from the new folder and overwrote the old DB and it worked. I can save and so far no crash to desktop.:D

Also I have my old cosmetic files, the only ones I am not using are any the touch the DB.

Windows 7 (64bit)

I would hope that they would adjust the AI still, I made several test starts at Monaco and not a single crash in the first corner which eats up the atmosphere. Not that I would like to make F1 game a destruction derby, but first corners should have more action

My game got patched. Then my windows live had to update too.
Now it wont accept my e-mail addy and things anymore. When you ask to sign up again
it takes me to a xbox page, but there is no info cause the page has been moved. So whats the use of that

Ok I turned dx11 off, now my mirrors and rain work.
But the puddles can be seen in the sand traps!
After reading so many post in others forums it's so amazing to see how everyones pc's react differently before and after using this patch.
The rest of the game runs smoothly.

I started with a clean version as I had just lost my save in my second year, so decided to uninstall and reinstall in anticipation of the patch. So far (touch wood) I have had no problems. I am only on my second race so we will see.

I will start to add one MOD at a time and see what happens.

i read somewhere that to get autosave to work again after the patch the orig database needs to be restored.

uhmmm, wtf. I am hoping i am totally confussed. My previous windows live ran by itself.
Now for some reason it also has some connection to Xbox. Judging and searching for the error code tells me that i am not in a supported country. Except it all worked fine an hour ago before the patch. Someone please help, cause i am about to send codemasters and windows live a e-mail they will not enjoy :(

i read somewhere that to get autosave to work again after the patch the orig database needs to be restored.

Unfortunately after the third race it crashed me back to the desktop at the beginning of the race, I had saved the quali so thought I could start from the race but my save had been corrupted.

In the end I did a clean install, then swapped that out with my old F1 2010 folder and just swapped over the DB with the new ones and the game is working, I hope it will allow me to finish a season with no more messing around.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.