Porsche Showdown @ Donington Park GP - Thursday 31st July 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy Marsden

• Andy Marsden

We are off to the UK for the race this week, Leicestershire to be precise - the GP version of Donington Park with all 3 Porsches to see which is best!

Event details
Game: GT Legends
Date: Thursday 31st July 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: Porsche 906, Porsche 911, Porsche 914
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Donington Park GP, UK
Password: Here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 18:30, 30 mins
Qualifying: 19:00, 30 mins
Race: 19:30, 26 lap race

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: Optional
In-game start time: 12:00

Signups
1 Simon Bacon - 911
2 Warren Dawes - 914
3 Roy Stevens
4 Szilárd Szabó - 911
5 Hans Sneep - 911
6 Kevin Ascher - 906
7 Hansje - 906
8 Traumatic - 914
9 Tibor Sandor
10 Sam_J - 906
11 Mark Apat - 911
12 patjeF1 - 911

Reserves

• Mark Apat

lets see.. i'll install the game today, and i hope i won't have any problems...

so i would like to take part in your race today...
any special rules for joining? :) [gpcos, profile names,.. etc...]

if not, i'll try the 911, i think i'll be fun fun fun

the passwords and ips of servers i found, so.. i think i'll even join the TS :)

have a great race & keep up the good work

so i would like to take part in your race today...
any special rules for joining? :) [gpcos, profile names,.. etc...]

No special rules, just like a normal Racing Club event. At least with GTL, even if your not up front, there is heaps of fun just driving these cars, and trying to keep them on the track.
I've added you to the starting list, good luck, hope the install goes ok.

• Mark Apat

No special rules, just like a normal Racing Club event. At least with GTL, even if your not up front, there is heaps of fun just driving these cars, and trying to keep them on the track.
I've added you to the starting list, good luck, hope the install goes ok.

i've updated to 1.1.0.0, and registered myself... so.. lets race... (in 45 minutes, yes?)

GL all

• Mark Apat

roger that :)

did check my windows clock.. but... as windows are,... its false :)
i know we had a time zone thingy here on the forum, but.. i didn't find it i few clicks... :)

cu soon
GL All

Ultra frustrating race, when it worked it was the best driving I've had in GTL. Going through the Craner Curves was as smooth and relaxing as anything I've driven. When it didn't work it was a bloody nightmare! Relax for just a second and think you've got the measure of the 911 and it bites big time. I lost count of the number of times I made up places and then lost them again. Oh well, another enjoyable evening and a new car driven. Thanks all.:thumb:

Great race all, didn't think the wee 906 would be so fast, sussed my freeze prob I think, GC overheat probably, I stripped n cleaned my box recently but I've got exhaust fans in wrong way round and it was quite warm in my room tonight, dozy auld fecher, lol, sorry if I got in anyone's way.

Sam

More bad luck Szilard, but I guess you can't do much about a storm. You are due some good luck next time.

Good to see a bigger grid for this race, maybe GTL is growing again. I had fun in the 914, but it was hard work for me. I realised that I am just not a Porsche driver, haven't figured it out yet. I can't just blame the car, because Eck and Ben seemed to be pretty good in it.

Started down the back as expected, but made lots of places as people in front went lawn mowing or doing doughnuts :pound:. I was chuckling to myself as I passed each car, but the grin was wiped out soon, because in mid race I managed to spin the damn thing about 3 or 4 times. :redface: Just as Simon said, they just suddenly bite you when you don't expect it, even in the 914.

The good news was that I avoided being lapped, but as usual, I just enjoy the ride in these cars.

Thanks to everyone who raced, and congratulations to Sam for the win and Evo and Eck for the podium.

Well, yet another great event, I didn't sign up for... lol.
I was gonna run the yellow 911 rsr but as Warren n Ben(Traumatic) were dismissing their chances in the 914, I decided I'd take it too.
Quallied 6th with the 914, Ben quallied 4th Think he was sandbagging, when he was dismissing his chances.

My race was entertaining, made a good start, found myself in fourth going down Craner. Got third when Evo took himself a little wide. Chasing me hard, I span on my own... directly after watching Evo outbrake himself from, What seemed like, a long way behind me... lol. Inherited 2nd when Szilard had his difficulties.
Think I was in second and a long way behind Sam, when I got a tyre caught in the line of bricks around the track. Pulled me left into the gravel between Schwantz n McLeans... ran into the end of the tyrewall... lol.
Now with a heavily modified 914, I hoped to nurse it home. About 10/12 laps to go, I was suddenly being caught by Ben... I had to push then, wasn't confident the car was upto it. While trying my damnedest, he fell back... not due to my speed though, cause of his own mistakes. I'd have probably had to settle for fourth, had he got to me.
Count myself very lucky, to come home in third.

Thankyou Andy for this selection, thankyou to everyone who turned out n gave me the chance at some fun, again.

I take delivery this saturday of a copy of GTL and rFactor off a m8 who doesnt use them anymore,so i look forward to some goof fun with you guys soon :thumb:,also looking forward to the much talked about Historics mod for rFactor.

First of all congratulations to Sam for his win.
My qualifying was not that bad for the first time with that beast (911) 7the was the best I could do.
This was a eventful race , spinning , stop and go penalties (2) en last but not least sweating like a beast with the + 30 degrees temperature in my race room .
It was great fun to join this GTL event and I want more of it .
But please something else then Porsches because after a few laps the 911 felt like racing on ice , complete unpredictable.

Had a very enjoyable race evening , start on 11 spot but stay close to Warren
some guys drops of after the first corners, and I was in 7 t place try to overtake Warren in the corner, BIG mistake(must be over estimate my self) make a donut and past by the rest.
Some how I get back on the tail of Warren and stay their quite a while try yo make him nervous did not work of coarse he was faster in the slow corners and I was faster on the straits no way to pass him but for me it was a good experience .

Read about the upcoming Champ event would like to join but I am on holiday in the middle of the event at least for three races , so I'm not signing up,but maybe I go to Spa F1 and that would be fantastic!

Thanks for the nice picks Warren

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back