Resource icon

Cars Porsche GT2 RS (991) ... 2020-05-11

Login or Register an account to download this content
Here's the gist of it
Code:
[CONTROLLER_0]
INPUT=GEAR  ; OVERSTEER_FACTOR REAR_SPEED_RATIO SLIPANGLE_FRONT_AVERAGE SLIPANGLE_FRONT_MAX SLIPANGLE_REAR_AVERAGE SLIPANGLE_REAR_MAX
COMBINATOR=ADD
LUT=(1=20|2=25|3=33|4=36|5=40|6=40|7=40)
FILTER=0.99
UP_LIMIT=10000
DOWN_LIMIT=0.0

That Look Up Table means the lock on power for the diff is varying between 20 and 40 % depending on what gear is engaged. It overrides the "drivetrain.ini" and for that it is meaningless to have the tab in the setup. What happens if I edit it to
Code:
[CONTROLLER_0]
INPUT=GEAR  ; OVERSTEER_FACTOR REAR_SPEED_RATIO SLIPANGLE_FRONT_AVERAGE SLIPANGLE_FRONT_MAX SLIPANGLE_REAR_AVERAGE SLIPANGLE_REAR_MAX
COMBINATOR=ADD
LUT=(1=40|2=45|3=53|4=66|5=80|6=80|7=80)
FILTER=0.99
UP_LIMIT=10000
DOWN_LIMIT=0.0

Less wheel spin but no big improvement on lap times. So what if I disable the electronic diff? The same car that went 6:49:5 on the Nords can go 6:46:25 with 70 % power and 0 % coast selectable in setup.
gt2set.jpg

Attached is the edited data.acd which you may like better. Remove the .txt and unzip in "..\content\cars\porsche_911_gt2_rs\".

Attachments

• data.7z.txt
    35.7 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
alekabul updated Porsche GT2 RS (991) ... with a new update entry:

Less wheel spin, faster turn-in

Instead of uploading almost the same content again I suggest you head to this post

and get the data.acd from there.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
So what do you do if you want a better handling GT2 RS, that goes 6:40 on the Nords, looks like the real MR and doesn't make your game laggy?

"Posted Mar 10, 2020: PORSCHE 911 (991.2) GT2 RS MR v2.5 by Forceful." - says the non-paid link in AssetoLand. A lot of work went into that car and the graphics, sound and gizmos are awesome. Sadly same cannot be said for the cornering, power and the FFB. In such case I always make corrections and here are the ones that I'm using for the car. AI hotlap goes like that with my setup defaults:
MR.jpg

To enable the edited data place the "data" folder from the attached .7z into "..\content\cars\f_porsche_gt2rs_mr\" and rename the original "data.acd" to "data.acd-".

If you prefer darker red on the interior - overwrite the "extension" folder with the one from the 7z.

Attachments

• f_porsche_gt2rs_mr.7z.txt
    21 KB · Views: 708
Last edited:
Now, for the guys that insist on driving this thing in full automatic I prepared an update of the "data.acd" for the initial mod that uses the GT3RS body and suspension. There is also a significant change in steering ratio because what Porsche actually did was variable steering which really helps for more precise input on turn-in

GT2RS steering.jpg

Attached is the edited "data.acd" which you may like better. Remove the .txt and unzip in "..\content\cars\porsche_911_gt2_rs\" to replace the old file or keep the old by renaming it to "data.acd1" first.

Extra gizmo - CSP enabled central console sat-nav in birds eye view.
nav1.jpg

For that overwrite the "extension\ext_config.ini" with the one from the 7z.

---------------------------------------------
Some more changes - AI tuned for compatibility with more tracks, brakes power increased to match the tires.

Attachments

• porsche_911_gt2_rs.7z.txt
    28 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
what to do ?

If you prefer the manually adjustable diff - take the first option,
if you have the Forceful car from
- try the second option
and if you want the repaired automatic with the gps - the last.

All works the same - rename the file by removing .txt from the name, open with 7z and extract from it into the car's folder.

Last edited:
"The Porsche engineers engaged in genealogical research to find the right sound for the vehicle – at Porsche, of course. The prototype for this was the Porsche 935, whose unique sound was created by its shortened tailpipes."
- So maybe if you don't mind the squeaky brakes, the sound from "Moby Dick" will fit best.

ctrl_single_lock isn't lock %, it's lock torque in nm. Same thing with ctrl_awd2.

You need to input in:

Power (and turbo), gearing and throttle at the very least. Then you can control the lock separately.

If you want to control the lock % per gear, you make a MULT with input GEAR after everything with syntax like:

LUT=(1=0.20|2=0.25|3=0.33|4=0.36|5=0.40|6=40|7=0.40)

for example.

@alekabul how is going now since may... Sorry i'm new in AC and i love GT2 RS and GT3 rs so this was my first mod to buy.... i'm not really fast driver but i manage to get turist lap 7:30 with mods.... car should have cca 800hp with increase torqe and turbo.... and of course on the aero....

this was my first mod

I see the idea and I like that you want to share your work. Keep it up! Few things:
Please, try to avoid uploading of other people's work unless you get their permission. If you are the guy who made originally the 3D modelling and all the skins and scripts then all is fine. I mean the site is keen on protecting intellectual property and you may have your resources taken down and get bad experiences which can be avoided. If you like to share the physics model for the car, only it needs to be packed and uploaded.
Regarding the handling of the mod - feels more like the 892 bHp and 741 NM and the graphs are different. Also
"DX_REF=1.63
DY_REF=1.63"
is the reason no tyre noise is heard until is too late. Default brake balance is too rear-heavy.

If you like to have that MR in custom green or any other color, change number plate or interior - Content Manager is great at it
CM green.jpg
CM green2.jpg

Last edited:
Hello and thanks in advance! I get this erros as I try to enter the game with this car. In english it says "unexpected error happened"... The access route can't be found "d:/steam/....."
If you please can help me! Thanks!

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 83
Hello and thanks in advance! I get this erros as I try to enter the game with this car. In english it says "unexpected error happened"... The access route can't be found "d:/steam/....."
If you please can help me! Thanks!

Hi Markito

Please read the install instruction carefully and make sure you use "Replace sound" feature of Content Manager and select "Porsche 911 Turbo S" as source (or any other that you like better).
If you skip the sound replace step the car won't load.
I suspect that is the reason for the error you get.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.