Resource icon

Cars Porsche GT2 RS (991) ... 2020-05-11

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

Porsche GT2 RS (991) ... - The street king with interior and optional Weissach and other wheels

View attachment 371499View attachment 371510View attachment 371509View attachment 371511

Install: make a folder in "..\content\cars\" and name it "porsche_911_gt2_rs". Copy in that folder all from "..\content\cars\ks_porsche_911_gt3_rs\" except "skins" folder. Then place all from this package and overwrite "..\content\cars\porsche_911_gt2_rs\data.acd" and "ui" folder. Use "Replace sound" feature of Content Manager and select...

Read more about this resource...

If you wonder how the screen with the lap time on the Nords was made - I let the AI drive "Ctrl + C", trained it good and because the hints on the Kunos layout were poor, edited "ai_hints.ini" to make the mega-powerful cars able to go round without crashing.
See the attached (remove .txt to get "ai_hints.ini" and place it in "..\content\tracks\ks_nordschleife\nordschleife\data\")

Attachments

• ai_hints.ini.txt
    649 bytes · Views: 280
Nice! Car feels great already. And I have now 3 different 991 GT2RS(Manthey) mods(which I finetuned to my likings) , this is number 4.

It's a very playable car and it's controllable.
I only had to change the LSD from
power 30
coast 30
preload 1
to
power 65 (less spinning inside wheel with smoke, still does that though there is so much mass on that rearaxle)
coast 20( even better turn in )
preload 2

But that's just my opinion. To make the car a bit more severe on the edge. And getting the power down.

Thanks!

Cheers
Robin

more severe on the edge

I left the GT3 RS defaults in not for I'm lazy, but because a street car like that needs a good compromise to accommodate all of the drivers and not to kill the customers of the 1000 that are to be built. The reviews all sing in one voice that it's not as intimidating after you drive it for a while. So, not a "race car for the road" this one. The Porsche people are clever, as always.

Code:
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
;DRIVETRAIN

[DIFF_POWER]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=DRIVETRAIN
NAME=Diff Power
MIN=25
MAX=75
STEP=5
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=1
HELP=HELP_DIFF_POWER

[DIFF_COAST]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=DRIVETRAIN
NAME=Diff Coast
MIN=25
MAX=75
STEP=5
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=3
HELP=HELP_DIFF_COAST

[DIFF_PRELOAD]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=DRIVETRAIN
NAME=Diff Preload
MIN=0
MAX=100
STEP=5
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=5
HELP=HELP_DIFF_PRELOAD

I'm trying to edit the "setup.ini" to include the diff adjustable options but it won't take in the changes. The "DRIVETRAIN" tab in pits is nowhere to be seen and it's not a syntax errors that are to blame.

Suggestions, anyone?

Last edited:
So this is physics update for gt2 rs?

Basically it's the physics of GT2 RS Weissach in the 3D body of GT3 RS with some tweaks working with CSP. The car's time on the Nords will never reach the Manthay (MR) without the relevant changes for which the accurate tech data for what was done to MR is missing. The guys won't even mention the price of the modifications as it was huge and totally unwarranted. Other than making a "NBR Taxy" that charges 350 euro per lap the MR purpose eludes me.

Code:
;DRIVETRAIN

[DIFF_POWER]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=DRIVETRAIN
NAME=Diff Power
MIN=25
MAX=75
STEP=5
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=1
HELP=HELP_DIFF_POWER

[DIFF_COAST]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=DRIVETRAIN
NAME=Diff Coast
MIN=25
MAX=75
STEP=5
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=3
HELP=HELP_DIFF_COAST

[DIFF_PRELOAD]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=DRIVETRAIN
NAME=Diff Preload
MIN=0
MAX=100
STEP=5
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=5
HELP=HELP_DIFF_PRELOAD

I'm trying to edit the "setup.ini" to include the diff adjustable options but it won't take in the changes. The "DRIVETRAIN" tab in pits is nowhere to be seen and it's not a syntax errors that are to blame.

Suggestions, anyone?

There is a separate 'Drivetrain' tab in the 'data' . I think you need to go there to get 'Drivetrain' changeability in game(?)

Edit, this is in AC Tuner, but it looks the same in 'DATA'. I now have power at '1' which means 100%, 'spool axle' kind of simulating, but still inside wheel spinning....

Diff Power: 1.0
8jAHi44.jpg

[DIFFERENTIAL]

POWER=1 ; differential lock under power. 1.0=100% lock - 0 0% lock

COAST=0.20 ; differential lock under coasting. 1.0=100% lock 0=0% lock

PRELOAD=2 ; preload torque setting

And I know the real car(from the tests/journos) is not as 'severe' to drive as it's still a streetcar, but the inside wheel spinning and a lot of tyresmoke is hilarious but irl both rear wheels are normally pretty planted to the floor because of the 911 config with the engine in the back:)

Cheers
Robin

Last edited:
There is a separate 'Drivetrain' tab in the 'data' .
I meant in the game like this
dt.jpg

As for the rear GT2RS suspension - I will try to increase the travel to allow the inside wheel more contact. Now it's what Kunos did with the GT3RS and the available data suggests all suspension geometry on both cars to be the same. But it gets me thinking about their cockup with the Yellowbird's rear and I'm keen to see if improvement can be done with this one.

Basically it's the physics of GT2 RS Weissach in the 3D body of GT3 RS with some tweaks working with CSP. The car's time on the Nords will never reach the Manthay (MR) without the relevant changes for which the accurate tech data for what was done to MR is missing. The guys won't even mention the price of the modifications as it was huge and totally unwarranted. Other than making a "NBR Taxy" that charges 350 euro per lap the MR purpose eludes me.
Hi,
Robert made a video explaining why he got the MR package for the 911.
It's a very costly conversion but it is stated that it improved the Nürburgring lap time by 7 seconds.
He didn't do it because of the lap time, though.
Here is the explanation for the change:
Hope the upgrade of the car makes sense now.

I'm gettin curious to try some MR mod. Can you paste a link to a good one here so I don't waste time searching?
I haven't found one that was any good. The one I found didn't have the improved suspension. I would love to try an MR version as well. I got a VERY nasty wiggle at the bottom of Fuchsröhre with the standard version - much like Robert described his did before the upgrade. I still managed a 06.40.643 on the Nordschleife layout on the second try but that wiggle really freaked me out! :)

Code:
;DRIVETRAIN

[DIFF_POWER]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=DRIVETRAIN
NAME=Diff Power
MIN=25
MAX=75
STEP=5
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=1
HELP=HELP_DIFF_POWER

[DIFF_COAST]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=DRIVETRAIN
NAME=Diff Coast
MIN=25
MAX=75
STEP=5
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=3
HELP=HELP_DIFF_COAST

[DIFF_PRELOAD]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=DRIVETRAIN
NAME=Diff Preload
MIN=0
MAX=100
STEP=5
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=5
HELP=HELP_DIFF_PRELOAD

Suggestions, anyone?

Latest CSP seems to have screwed up the setup tabs. Mentioned this to Ilja.

Hmm.. I've encountered this for the first time ever with the latest CSP. If it's not csp related, then it may be car related. I've tried setting up other cars and it works.

The 911 R takes in the change of setup.ini and

911r.jpg

What could be the hiccup?! Not the "SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1", I've cleared that.

Just like the mod, the GT3RS and Turbo S are refusing the change. On Carrera S it works ...

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea