Porsche DLC #3 Coming in December to R3E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios confirm three new Porsche models are heading to RaceRoom Racing Experience this December, with a fourth to follow early in the New Year.

This new pack is set to form the third Porsche themed DLC since Sector3 gained the licence to recreate Porsche content for the simulation. Exactly what DLC #3 will contain has yet to be revealed - although Sector3 did hint that the coming days will see the studio tease some of the new content before dropping their latest DLC package into the public build of the simulation.

Previous Porsche packs released for RaceRoom Racing Experience have contained a nice mix of old and new content, and with the Porsche brand being one of the oldest and most prolific manufacturers in motorsport, the Swedish development team certainly have plenty of options to choose from the enviable back catalogue of machinery produced by the German brand.

Are you looking forward to the Porsche DLC? Which cars would you like to see included in the pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.

The
RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for news and discussion about this excellent racing title. In the forum you can chat with fellow fans and take part in our excellent RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club - a great way to race in a clean, fair and fun online environment.

Ähm...which sim made more essential progresses within the last 2 years?
Iracing :)
Day to night, beta UI, tire model, track tech update for both tarmac and loose surface physics along with a new surface heating system and dynamic clouds, VR improvements with the addition of single pass stereo, HDR, dx11, damage model, audio. Etc, etc while releasing new content and updates every three months.

I wish Sector3 would put some much needed work into Racerooms track tech....love the content but the track tech is on par with the old Forza games.

Last edited:
Iracing :)
Day to night, beta UI, tire model, track tech update for both tarmac and loose surface physics along with a new surface heating system, VR improvements with the addition of single pass stereo, HDR. Etc, etc while releasing new content and updates every three months.

I wish Sector3 would put some much needed work into Racerooms track tech....love the content but the track tech is on par with the old Forza games.

And studio 397,,
what they did after almost death. Rfactor2

they have done a lot of work there ... DX11 VR .. gt3 packs GTE a few nice tracks Nord and Le Mans and the new UI .. kwa ffb nobody comes close. I don't play Iracing and I will never play it for what I read.

Been putting lots of development time into DD1 hardware over the last months.
Any tipps for oscillation on a DD or even CSL Elite (in my case)? I have not that high FFB settings right now, but it tends to oscillate on straights more and more wildly, when i left my hands off the wheel. (Group C on Monza for example)
Overall FFB is fine and no clipping, it got better with some tweaks between steering force intensity and lateral force + drift mode dampening (negative drift mode on the fanatec wheel), but it is still getting pretty wild on straights, if i let the wheel do its thing too much.

And studio 397,,
what they did after almost death. Rfactor2

they have done a lot of work there ... DX11 VR .. gt3 packs GTE a few nice tracks Nord and Le Mans and the new UI .. kwa ffb nobody comes close. I don't play Iracing and I will never play it for what I read.

Indeed, raceroom has been receiving great physics updates too. The issue with both rfactor2 and raceroom is the "old" content which is not up to date. At least Sector 3 has been working on it but it is a slow process. We need deadlines, milestones about that process. We paid for cars in the past, they should be as refined than the newer cars, which on the contrary are announced with precise dates. We need the work 100% done to consider buying new stuff.

Apart from that, raceroom is still great, although I lost a bit of interest because of that and because of the lack of features (all the competitors have been moving, night and day cycle, weather...).

I understand the deal with porsche, but don't forget the game in itself, a great sim must provide the same quality for all its content

Indeed, raceroom has been receiving great physics updates too. The issue with both rfactor2 and raceroom is the "old" content which is not up to date. At least Sector 3 has been working on it but it is a slow process. We need deadlines, milestones about that process. We paid for cars in the past, they should be as refined than the newer cars, which on the contrary are announced with precise dates. We need the work 100% done to consider buying new stuff.

Apart from that, raceroom is still great, although I lost a bit of interest because of that and because of the lack of features (all the competitors have been moving, night and day cycle, weather...).

I understand the deal with porsche, but don't forget the game in itself, a great sim must provide the same quality for all its content

In my case, (what I said) It was good on my G27..I realy enjoy!! But on my Direct drive..I have no feel anymore..try yesterday the realy good TCR cars and some GT3`s a lot settings I have try from the forums. What are your settings @Alex Hodgkinson??

Plenty of us within S3 dream of these too, so hopefully one day.
Please dont forget the 917 - and maybe even with hippie clothing:thumbsup:

Hippy Porsche917.jpg

No.1
The most important thing today is the multi player online: the strength of iracing, gt turismo, is the online mode ...
Why people are disappointed with assetto corsa competizione... largely because of the multi ...

Muti player style: sim racing system , iracing

No.2 graphics engine - Dynamic weather dommage

No.3 Complete existing classes: DTM GT4 GT3 GROUP C

No.4 Must-see tracks such as le mans, sebring, daytonna

Development too long, lack of communication ....

Simbin must release an arcade game that will surf the legendary name of GTR 3 but why not unite the forces sector 3 / simbin for a raceroom 2 taking the current content and qualities of raceroom

They added some good improvements this year to the gui & game engine.
Physics improvements.
They will always release content as they need to pay the bills & i'm personally happy to get new cars & tracks.

Was there something specific you are wanting improved in the game?

I find the ffb very dull and almost lifeless, the tracks don't seem to offer much feedback, had a race at Most I think it was and the track was billiard table smooth. It can't surely be like that?

The only other thing I would like to see improved at this point is the graphics now. They have not evolved and are very stale now. Out of the major sims Raceroom is really lagging here now and I find myself picking it up less and less because of this. Even rf2 has been evolving in this department and they have no where near the amount of DLC churning out like sector 3 do.

Ähm...which sim made more essential progresses within the last 2 years?
Well there are only three that I am aware of being actively developed. Raceroom, rf2 and ACC. ACC has made massive strides in the last 12 months and whilst rf2 development is painfully slow they do have a large list of things they are aware of and will fix. This will make it more complete at some point, I have not really heard too much about the future direction of raceroom.

ACC has made massive strides in the last 12 months
I wouldn't call it massive...but yes, it made some important improvements, to be at least playable and working properly, but is still unstable and very unpolished. The driving is fun, but flawed, the singleplayer is stale and without depth or good usability, the multiplayer still has bugs and netcode issues, the rating system is strange and AI has bugs with aggressiveness. It's such a lovely sim, but still with so many unfortunate characteristics. Somewhat like R3E, but at least it's polished within its working range.
BUT....comparing these two doesn't really makes much sense, because they're following two different concepts with different application areas and release times. This is not everyones cup of tea, of course.

I have not really heard too much about the future direction of raceroom.
I find the ffb very dull and almost lifeless
The FFB is very hard to set up, indeed, it took me several hours, after changing from a G27 to a CSL, to get more out of it, thats true.
BUT:
The FFB receives an update this month, should be released tomorrow, the 3rd (EDIT: but it seems unlikely, the article i saw, seems to be not accurate) , if i'm not mistaken, how about that? ;) GT3s are getting another overhaul, as far as i know, GT4 is going to be the most diverse field of all sims and flatspotting is also a point for this next update. Physics are getting tweaked all the time and you can feel it.

R3E has ongoing development, which is being able to see in the changelogs, but again: nobody seems to read them.
The thing, that i'm nitpicking about is, that update schedules are done after eSports schedules, which should not interfere with development in my opinion.

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...-new-tracks-new-cars-and-new-features.173240/

Graphics are pretty detailed and okay, but of course nothing groundbreaking in terms of eye candy anymore, but this is always a subjective thing. There are people, who need more bling, bling and that's fine, but then maybe other sims are more fitting to their desires, as long, as they not improve on that area and i'm pretty sure, they already know about their own tech. You can read the feedback in almost every thread, that has just the word Race Room in its title.^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back