Porsche DLC #3 Coming in December to R3E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios confirm three new Porsche models are heading to RaceRoom Racing Experience this December, with a fourth to follow early in the New Year.

This new pack is set to form the third Porsche themed DLC since Sector3 gained the licence to recreate Porsche content for the simulation. Exactly what DLC #3 will contain has yet to be revealed - although Sector3 did hint that the coming days will see the studio tease some of the new content before dropping their latest DLC package into the public build of the simulation.

Previous Porsche packs released for RaceRoom Racing Experience have contained a nice mix of old and new content, and with the Porsche brand being one of the oldest and most prolific manufacturers in motorsport, the Swedish development team certainly have plenty of options to choose from the enviable back catalogue of machinery produced by the German brand.

Are you looking forward to the Porsche DLC? Which cars would you like to see included in the pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.

The
RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for news and discussion about this excellent racing title. In the forum you can chat with fellow fans and take part in our excellent RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club - a great way to race in a clean, fair and fun online environment.

917, 935k, 936, 914, 1980 924 Gr4, 956,1988 962 GTP, 1996 911 GT1 EVO, 1998 911 GT1, 1996 993 GT2 EVO, Porsche RS Spider....can we get creative Sector3?
I would love to see the 914 in an ISImotor-based Sim again, after so many hours with it in GT Legends and P&G...something is very unique, driving this thing. Even in NFS-Porsche it is somewhat "special". Also: Folding headlights :inlove:

917, 935k, 936, 914, 1980 924 Gr4, 956,1988 962 GTP, 1996 911 GT1 EVO, 1998 911 GT1, 1996 993 GT2 EVO, Porsche RS Spider....can we get creative Sector3?
Believe me, we want all these cars as much as you, but there's a limited number of models we can produce each year, and we often can't finish what we planned in time for the end of year. So, choices of models are very difficult and sometimes crual.
In the end, this content needs to please most people and we also try to fill or update our existing classes in priority (which doesn't mean that there won't be new classes in the future).
All the models you suggested have been on our list for a very long time, but many would end up in an isolated class, which means that we need to find at least two others cars to race together with them. ;)

Last edited:
I'd prefer game updates rather than just more content, the development of rr is very stagnant, it always seem to be new content or content fixes.
They added some good improvements this year to the gui & game engine.
Physics improvements.
They will always release content as they need to pay the bills & i'm personally happy to get new cars & tracks.

Was there something specific you are wanting improved in the game?

Very nice. However I stopped buying cars and tracks, waiting for a major AI update to make the single player enjoyable (I own all tracks except some Sweden ones). I know there’s going to be an update soon but the CPU drivers’ ramming and cheating physics and grip levels made me leave the sim. I have high hopes for the AI overhaul in order to come back to R3E.

It's in ACC though, isn't it?!
I meant the GT2 Porsche. This car is not represented in any simulation yet. It is pretty brandnew.
Ähm...which sim made more essential progresses within the last 2 years?
Assetto Corsa...just not by Kunos, but the community. This EVIL HACK, called custom shaders patch has done remarkable things to this sim, not just graphics wise. :D
Content Manager keeps this sim alive.

R3E receives many updates recently, but most of the time, people don't like to read changelogs :sneaky:

Ok. New to me but lets get back to the topic hehe ;)

The GT2 is gonna be huge, 700hp biturbo, electr. assistence (ABS, TCS..) should be quite differente experience to the Cup Porsche as it is (I think) way closer to the road one.
Seems S3 will integrate some competitors too in the future as the Audi or McLaren Senna GTR.

Ok. New to me but lets get back to the topic hehe ;)
I didn't use the term "hack" without reason, the custom shaders patch is basically touching source code of AC. ;) But, yes, back to R3E.^^
The GT2 is gonna be huge, 700hp biturbo, electr. assistence (ABS, TCS..) should be quite differente experience to the Cup Porsche as it is (I think) way closer to the road one.
Seems S3 will integrate some competitors too in the future as the Audi or McLaren Senna GTR.
A walk in the park. Sounds like the normal grocery getter. Definetly looking forward to more hyper-toys, to drive with in moms basement :D

A little off topic, but do you think we'll ever get another track pack? It's been years since the American and European packs were released. Now there are dozens of new tracks but no packs to buy them in. I'd love to see a Swedish pack with all those great little swedish tracks, or maybe a legends pack with the likes of Monza, Imola, Spa, and Suzuka.

A little off topic, but do you think we'll ever get another track pack? It's been years since the American and European packs were released. Now there are dozens of new tracks but no packs to buy them in. I'd love to see a Swedish pack with all those great little swedish tracks, or maybe a legends pack with the likes of Monza, Imola, Spa, and Suzuka.

maybe some historic tracks ... but yes that is what is really missing almost in all sims. only AMS has some decent tracks (more than 4) from the old days. Raceroom could easily have done that, because for the rest it is a bit stuck and it is not renewing the old engine .. or should we wait for Gtr3 :cautious::O_o: I don't really play it much anymore. I enjoyed it on my g27! but on my stage Dd1 I don't get a good feeling in this sim. it feels like sailing with a boat no feeling in my tires. Rfactor 2 and AMS remain king for direct drive !!! And even Assetto corsa * dd1) now feels good that while it was a disaster on my g27 .. and I never really played it much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back