Porsche 911 Singer

Cars Porsche 911 Singer 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Fanapryde, I just installed 0.964 and CSP preview 245. No issues whatsoever. I would do a CSP reinstall, starting with preview 49, then 245. If you tried and it doesn't work, my hunch is that it's due to CM settings.
OK, but wouldn't that sort the same effect as what @AlleyViper suggested (I tried that and it did not help)?
And while several people don't have an issue with this car, I know several others that do. It would be odd that they all have the exact same CSP settings, right ? (mind you, I'm no expert here)... ;)

Just my 2 cents trying to help. And I wouldn't bet (not even 2 cents) on everyone having the same csp settings, as many tend to tinker with the tens of options available and then forget about it (something common if you're around on csp discord). I'm no expert either, but it's not that normal for same settings to generate a different outcome.

If you want to go nuclear, try renaming your current ac folder, do a file check so that steam installs a new copy, and then install csp/sol to see if it has anything to do with your current install.

Just stunning. Lighting with the new patch is pretty much spot on.

Screenshot_bo_singer_ks_nordschleife_28-10-119-11-59-17.jpg

Screenshot_bo_singer_ks_nordschleife_28-10-119-11-52-6.jpg

Last edited:
Heating, and I think I touched the load sensitivity and rounded up some values for clarity.

The car seems to run a stronger rear ARB than any stock 911 ever did, so if it's not what you're used to, maybe turn down the R ARB down into the lower settings. Very lowest setting should be USDM 17mm. Alignment is also more aggressive than the typical settings. I'm assuming you mean oversteer on turn-in. It won't understeer like some of the older cars would in a similar scenario, I suppose.

It's sometimes oversteering 'on power' in 4th @ 150kmh. On semis:)
It's challenging.

Cheers
Robin

I think we've grown accustomed to never watch for oversteer in ac due to so many mediocre mods and "tuned" versions of original cars with tires stickier than scotch tape, that have more in common with the original NFS than with a sim.

Well, the aero is off a smidge, maybe a little bit too far forward with a few kilo too much downforce. I dunno why because my calculations are correct, but that's what comes up with the car @ stock settings.

Maybe I just made a mistake back then. It's possible the car is very slightly aero oversteering too much enough to be noticeable: but I don't think so. I'll fix it regardless.

What track are you running where u experience difficulty at 150km?

Also , what grip level are you using?

Silverstone International. Green. It's not just 'difficulties', it's more that it doesn't feel right to ME(so that's just me). I do trackdays/driftdays irl with a rather powerful rwd car(M2 Comp everything turned off) and I know 'that's not an Elfer, but having driven a 'few' Elfers including 964RS I find it strange behaviour: 153kmh through a bend in 4th gear steady throttle, giving it 10% more throttle and it 'power oversteers'. At that speed on dry tarmac on semis with just an NA engine. But anyway. I love that car so do not worry. I just 'know' a 964 basis is rather UNDERsteery and not super oversteery to begin with, and it's not a torquey Ruf CTR-like car....

Cheers
Robin

So here is what I was talking about few posts before. Rake of the steering wheel is off a bit. Combining it with the fact that in real life it protrudes the dashboard a little bit higher up, it makes it a bit hard to read gauges with reasonable driver's eye position. I realise the pictures aren't matched perfectly, but should be good enough for the purpose.
rlrack.jpg

acrack.jpg

Also the textures for the front indicators seem different on each side. Right one seems more transparent.
Screenshot_bo_singer_magione_28-10-119-20-5-58.jpg

Screenshot_bo_singer_magione_28-10-119-20-6-33.jpg

Thanks in advance! I'm nitpicking because you guys have done a fantastic job with this car ;)

Silverstone International. Green. It's not just 'difficulties', it's more that it doesn't feel right to ME(so that's just me). I do trackdays/driftdays irl with a rather powerful rwd car(M2 Comp everything turned off) and I know 'that's not an Elfer, but having driven a 'few' Elfers including 964RS I find it strange behaviour: 153kmh through a bend in 4th gear steady throttle, giving it 10% more throttle and it 'power oversteers'. At that speed on dry tarmac on semis with just an NA engine. But anyway. I love that car so do not worry. I just 'know' a 964 basis is rather UNDERsteery and not super oversteery to begin with, and it's not a torquey Ruf CTR-like car....

Cheers
Robin
Too many variables for your post to make any real sense. Video would be nice to demonstrate.

Anyway like I said, the handling bias is pretty neutral on entry. There's no real way to enter on the limit and accelerate and not have it oversteer. That's why cars are setup to understeer on entry.

If you want, I can send you a 964 C2 later and you'll probably find it drives fine like you expect.

Noticed couple more things.

The rotors are drilled while in showroom - in-game they need drilling again

__custom_showroom_1572299268.jpg

__custom_showroom_1572299300.jpg

Screenshot_bo_singer_feldberg_28-10-119-23-50-6.jpg

Screenshot_bo_singer_feldberg_28-10-119-23-50-19.jpg

Caliper positioning - both front/rear are closer to the rotor hub, while the rear is always mounted pointing towards the front of the vehicle

IMG_1437.jpg

Front tire width?

Screenshot_bo_singer_ks_black_cat_county_28-10-119-10-17-55.jpg

12-singer-911-atlanta-1100x732.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering