Porsche 911 GT3 R - Manthey Racing Nurburgring 24h 2018

Skins Porsche 911 GT3 R - Manthey Racing Nurburgring 24h 2018 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
davewilliams000 submitted a new resource:

Porsche 911 GT3 R - Manthey Racing Nurburgring 24h 2018 - 4K & 2K Green/Yellow ('Grello') and Yellow/Green liveries of the #911 and #912 for N24

Presenting Manthey Racing 'Grello' (and 'Yellog'?) Porsche 911 GT3 R skins for the Nurburgring 24hrs 2018.

These are very heavily based on my released Bathurst version and unreleased Blancpain and VLN versions as I've used the same arrow pattern as a base.
40218890350_afd3f04c1d_o.jpg

41306596874_db7f8d71eb_o.jpg

41306596564_fedcdc6def_o.jpg

Read more about this resource...

133EDA05-BB0E-4015-AFBA-09BD0AA6266C.png
2EC4DDA8-747E-445A-A6C7-0E5A0F88BDE5.png
(Edit) Hi Dave, love the skins. Want them to be as great as possible as it’s my favourite car. Watching the race, the falken logos above the front wheel arches are a fair bit larger than you have them at the moment. Added these to help with #912, sorry I cannot add high quality images. Other main things that stand out are: a more fluorescent main green is needed, the upper arrows around the wheel arches need to fade to green. The gap of green on the front arches needs to be yellow.

Also on both cars the alternate coloured arrows on the bonnets need to fade to main arrow colour so that there’s only a hint of the alternative colour.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Dave, love the skins. Want them to be as great as possible as it’s my favourite car. Watching the race, the falken logos above the front wheel arches are a fair bit larger than you have them at the moment.
Good shout. I did do that quite quickly as I wanted to get it out and also those vents are quite fiddly, but do want it to be as accurate as possible (without changing the arrows :)) I will have a look at it at some point next week. I saw a shot earlier and I thought I saw that the 'Bastuck' logo had been taken off the #911 back as well... lol they keep changing their minds!

Yes! #912 is the race winner... I did some donuts to celebrate :laugh:

I will have a look at the colours on the #912 as I'm not fully happy with the green and yellow colours, although it does look much better in game than in the CM showroom shots above.

Also in the next update will be awesome new light panels texture by @mrleman :
42099683631_fc9377a481_o.jpg

Just a test at the moment I have a few more things to work on with the skins before v1.2 is released. I did some tweaks... added a bit of a glow effect to the leds, made the background a little wider so I could add a drop shadow to make it look a bit more '3D'. I also doubled the banner texture resolution so the detail of the light panel can be seen better.

Improving the colours on the #912 and the new LED light number panel added to both cars...
new:
41201791855_efdddc1eea_o.jpg

old:
40240385200_d3ea411e9f_o.jpg

Think the new one is a massive improvement. Colours on #911 unchanged. On the #912 I did pick the original green off a photo of the car but it didn't look right for some reason. New one is 100% green (on RGB) with saturation and lightness dropped a few percent.

Last edited:
Final version (I think!) should be coming tomorrow:
  • Changed colours on #912 as above
  • New number light panel in windscreen as above
  • Removed bastuck logo again as either they only ran it in one session or I was looking at the wrong photo!
  • Added missing natsu foods logos at rear
  • Added red arrows to door handles
  • Falken logos on front vents should be a little bigger - I tried but it would take hours to get it to line up so as it wouldn't be much different I will leave them as they are
Will be doing the Falken Porsche next followed hopefully by a couple more: kus team 75 bernhard, #12 manthey racing, and #30 Frickadelli Racing. Not promising all these but I will see how it goes. Falken and Team Bernhard should be definates.

Wow. This looks just awesome. Really my favourite Skin! Thank you very much.
Just one question. Is it possible to add the writings to the hood. In the "race version" there were three writings. You just can see them from the onboard action cam. But it would add some more authencity.

For the #911 car this three writings stand there.
@porscheracing #PORSCHE 911 #MomentsofRacing

The new Porsche 911 RSR 2018 WEC Skin by cartapaquete also have that writings. So it should be possible.:)

Continue your awesome work. It´s a real pleasure to drive with this skins!

Final version (I think!) should be coming tomorrow:
  • Changed colours on #912 as above
  • New number light panel in windscreen as above
  • Removed bastuck logo again as either they only ran it in one session or I was looking at the wrong photo!
  • Added missing natsu foods logos at rear
  • Added red arrows to door handles
  • Falken logos on front vents should be a little bigger - I tried but it would take hours to get it to line up so as it wouldn't be much different I will leave them as they are
Will be doing the Falken Porsche next followed hopefully by a couple more: kus team 75 bernhard, #12 manthey racing, and #30 Frickadelli Racing. Not promising all these but I will see how it goes. Falken and Team Bernhard should be definates.
Why have all the main arrows on 912 gone green?

Why have all the main arrows on 912 gone green?
Its the CM showroom lighting, and also to some extent it looks a bit different in KS showroom as well, which is why I always check things in game before a release. I can't get CM showroom lighting to look the same as in game (presumably because of pp filters), and it also depends how the light hits it as well like on the real car. I think this is the best compromise. Sometimes they look more yellow, sometimes less. Even on the image I posted above you can see the ones on the bonnet look more yellow than the ones on the side despite them being exactly the same colour.

Here's some in game shots (GBW Weather Suite 'Clear'/'Overcast'). The colours on the texture are unaltered in these screens from the 'new' image I posted above:
28251798598_ceff4742a4_o.jpg

28251797048_733fe04cb6_o.jpg

28251797488_d35b1781b4_o.jpg

42124315321_7ea1356797_o.jpg

28251797878_dee69ce73d_o.jpg

Hopefully you'll agree that it looks correct in game.

All that remains now is to check the number board in the window - I think they were all blue in N24, not different colours for different classes like in Blancpain, and also add the writing @porscheracing #PORSCHE 911 #MomentsofRacing as mentioned by @Sven1992 - I'd planned to do this anyway but almost forgot so thanks for the reminder.

Just a side note on the shots above. Was taken from some AI races as I wanted to see what kind of laptimes they did so I knew what level to set them at for a race. In the 2nd race I tested, the #912 overtook the #911 down the döttinger höhe which was pretty cool and I was quite surprised!

https://24h-information.de/wp-conte...FO_LUMIRANK-LED-Position-System_EN_V218_2.pdfI've been reading the technical regs (sad or what!)... Yep as I thought the position indicators are definitely blue:
"Chapter II General Technical Regulations Art. 4 Special technical regulations and safety prescriptions for all cars Art. 4.10 Top 30 Flashing Lights is replaced as follows “For better identification, all the cars eligible to start the 24h-Race Top 30 Qualifying will be equipped with a blue flashing position indicator for the race instead of the prescribed white and non-flashing position indicator and they will thus replace the previously used flashing lights"
So I'll make them blue. I know they looked blue in the race but I wanted to be sure!
Source: https://24h-information.de/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Bulletin_3_24h_GB_DMSB_genehmigt.pdf
Also if any one is curious, here's the official FAQ for the Lumirank-LED-Position-System: https://24h-information.de/wp-conte...FO_LUMIRANK-LED-Position-System_EN_V218_2.pdf

Update will not be until tomorrow now, don't want to rush it as I'm hoping that this should be the final version.

I've managed to get it a little better since that screenshot. I've been working on just this bit for a about 2-3 hours now so I just want to say the process and things I've looked at. I've downloaded the wec skins and had a look and there are a few things I've observed:
  • the writing is a little bigger on the wec one so there's less pixelation
  • the writing is in a different place on the wec car so I had to bend it on this one (which again looses quality).
  • the writing on the wec one is all upper case and the pixels are well spaced (porsche lettering font), where as we have lower case for twitter username and hashtags on this one so the lines are closer together and not enough pixels between.
  • I've got the measuring tool out and the size of the bonnet edge is the same on both cars - aprox 10 pixels (not very big!) so that's not the issue.
  • I had the camera really close to it to replicate the onboard shot from N24, and the screenshot on the wec skin page is from further back. Going that close to anything on a 4K skin will result in pixalation. From even just a little further back, it looks better as the anti aliasing kicks in more (see below).
Here's what I've got now (aprox same camera angle/distance as before):
27258875147_68642bfe18_o.jpg

From just a little further back it looks better:
41228486115_b1951d3128_o.jpg

That's as good as it's going to get with only 10 pixels to work with and the things I've mentioned above. I'm quite a lot happier with it now but still not sure it's good enough and I want a 2nd opinion. Let me know if you think it's good enough and if not I will just remove it and leave it off (although I've got everything packaged ready to go now - it will still wait though to be updated until later/tomorrow so I can do new screenshots when I'm back on my PC at home). I'll put up a screenshot from the default onboard cam later too.

Also for the no 912 I still have '#911' on it, as I've assumed it's a hashtag for the model number 911, not the car number 912. I can't find any onboard cams for the 912 from previous races where it's showing and they didn't run it on any of the other Porsches that have onboard (team 75, gigaspeed, falken) that were at N24 so there's no way to know for sure. They might not have even bothered with it on the 912 as there wasn't an onboard cam. Also a quick search of twitter for #912 comes up with nothing relevant.

:)

Still unsure about the new arrows colour for #912 - see screenshots above and these ones below (all taken from the same session replay without making any changes). Looks yellow when the light hits it but green in shadow...
Shadow:
28264009898_d265532317_o.jpg

light:
41416314214_8268601946_o.jpg

Please give me your thoughts, I don't want to put out this final update if it looks wrong. I've been staring at it too long to know myself now.

Ok think I've decided... kept the colour the same but increased the fill level from 65% to 90%. I'll need to test ingame but let me know what you think:

New:
42150279181_f010aa0d66_o.jpg

current (from screenshots above):
28277677728_986aa0b250_o.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back