Poll | Which Racing Games Do You Regularly Play?

Honestly, not playing any of them regularly these days. AC1 maybe a couple hours a month but that's it.

I really don't think any of the current breed is anything close to a complete racing sim. I had high hopes for ACC, but have pretty much given up on it. To me it still doesn't get anywhere close to a proper racing experience (e.g., safety car leading the formation lap). And sadly none of the other serious sims are much better in that respect.

Where is Horizon Chase Turbo, Motorsport Manager, Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, Mario Kart 8 and Midnight Club: Los Angeles (yes... only ocasionally, but still playing after 12 years)?

Motorsport Manager is fantastic addictive, but highly outdated and abandoned by devs. Interesting, we still have not proper F1 management game. My dream is Motorsport Manager with licensed F1 content and interconnected to Codies F1: prepare tactics, watch race and make pit wall decisions :p

Well, maybe just a phase I'm going through...lol...Wreckfest Online in a clean'ish racing Lobby...they do exist...lol...especially when the 'Admin' and 'Moderators' are clean racers themselves, still the odd door rub, so called accident..hehe...but more of a challenge than just T-Boning someone on a corner.
...next ACC, iRacing AI Oval, rF2, Racerooom, DR2, AMS1, PC2 in that order....well, until I change my mind and go with another Sim for a while...lol

Last edited:
Motorsport Manager is fantastic addictive, but highly outdated and abandoned by devs. Interesting, we still have not proper F1 management game. My dream is Motorsport Manager with licensed F1 content and interconnected to Codies F1: prepare tactics, watch race and make pit wall decisions :p
To me, MM is like Milestone's games: I play because there is no one else covering the genre. MM is a decent game, but could be much better. I didn't play the mobile versions, but believe that the fact Sega gone mobile with the series signalizes that it's not good.

iRacing for sure about 75% of the time, then Raceroom 15%, ACC 5% and rFactor2 5%. It's as much about the community as it is the sim itself: iRacing has so much to offer all in one location. ESR is a great group of guys organizing RRE and ACC races, and SimRacing-GP does an admirable job with rFactor2

RRE - 40%
RF2 - 40%
ACC - 20%

ACC is probably the best of them, but for some reason I don't want to play it all the time. Perhaps there would have been all games at a 33% ratio if AI in ACC had not been so linear.

It's a pity RF2 doesn't aspire to a normal MP. And I'm glad RRE is doing it - well done S3.

Last edited:
There is something wrong in the way percentages are calculated : AC+ACC alone are over 100% :D
for sure that will please Kunos for their hard work but the method is not good :
- What you did is
(votes for game X / total voteRs)*100

- But the good math formula is
(votes for game X / total votes ) * 100 = % votes for game X

Last edited:
I answered rF2, R3E and AMS since I play them regularly
I also very much like ACC since the v1.2 and play it from time to time. It's very good, miles better than original AC, but since it's only GT3 I don't play it that often. Good title though :thumbsup:

AC and PC2 just collect dust.

There is something wrong in the way percentages are calculated : AC+ACC alone are over 100% :D
for sure that will please Kunos for their hard work but the method is not good :
- What you did is
(votes for game X / total voteRs)*100

- But the good math formula is
(votes for game X / total votes ) * 100 = % votes for game X

Because multi choice is available. :)

AC is getting better and better as more mods/cars become available. Like an updated version of GTL. GTL and more recently GTR2 have become my goto games. In reality they offer the most mods/cars available to choose from and with graphic updates they are quite acceptable. They are also easy to work with in creating special classes and racing groups. I used to spend more time on rfactor 1 but I don't find it as enjoyable as GTl/GTR2. I've give very little time to rfactor2. It's been seven years and we're still waiting. I'm not sure what we're waiting for? The only issues I have with PC2 is they should have given you better control of car selection, Force feedback and it's not moddable. Otherwise PC2 is pretty nice.

• Deleted member 205301

I had 2000+ in Race07 + maybe the same in the backend for SimBin and I Stopped sim racing 10 years ago...
I perfectly rember you (and your work) You made some of the best mods for this title :)
.cheers
@++

• Deleted member 197115

- Assetto Corsa - 80-90%, always was my favorite and only gets better and better with every SOL and CSP release. Looks and runs great in VR.
- R3E - 10-15%, recent rediscovery to me, new FFB is quite good, looks stunning in VR, good collection of cars and tracks. Seems like the most finished sim today. But something is clinical and artificial with the way physics works, just can't compare to FFB liveliness and pure joy of driving same cars in AC.
- DR 2.0 - 5-10%, recreational driving, fun and good looking in VR, but gets old quickly.

ACC - was spending a bit more time recently with it, but it just does not look or feel as good as AC to me, poor VR implementation doesn't help either.
rFactor2 - really tried hard to like it, but in perpetual Alpha state it's just too frustrating experience even if you can get an occasional very good drive on the right track/car combo. Plus I might be in minority but do not find rFactor2 FFB that special, not comparing to what I can get out of AC on SC2.

Fun poll, the next one should be single choice, which sim you play the most, as even infrequently played titles get their ticks thus skewing stats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back