Poll | Which Racing Games Do You Regularly Play?

Because multi choice is available. :)
Indeed, multi votes highlights the fact that math formula used in RD polls is wrong because it divides the number of votes by the number of VOTERS instead of TOTAL VOTES.
By definition a percentage is...per 100 and the sum of all parts = 100
As said in my previous post, even with multi choice, if you divide the number of votes for 1 game by the total of votes then you get a real percentage, and the sum of all games will be 1.0 = 100/100 = 100% :)

R factor 2 i like how you can manipulate the tracks and vehicles into your own championship. The pugs are there are no points recorded so i have to do that independently on a Microsoft exel spreadsheet. And there are no mechanics in the garage, which is empty and haunted. Someone from r factor 2 said it would mess up the frame rate and slow the game down. :ninja: Yet on NASCAR HEAT 2 you get a cool external video and it dose not hurt frame rate ?

There is something wrong in the way percentages are calculated : AC+ACC alone are over 100% :D
for sure that will please Kunos for their hard work but the method is not good :
- What you did is
(votes for game X / total voteRs)*100

- But the good math formula is
(votes for game X / total votes ) * 100 = % votes for game X

lol I didn't even notice this but ya...what are they trying to represent?

"Regularly play" was left to each person to define, so I went with "use for a race" and left out rF1 as I only use that for development & tinkering these days. Including AC as "regularly play" was tough, as I tend not to use it for a race; far more often it's merely to enjoy fresh content releases, but fresh content releases are so often that it's hard not to use it regularly.

Things I have installed and occasionally fire up to check on something are GT Legends, GTR2, and Race07. Hmm, maybe I never fire up GT Legends since it's there just to install the GTR2 mod of Power & Glory. GTR2 doesn't run very well as things like the gauges have no needles/pointers. pCARS1 is the only game I've uninstalled. I still want to install SportsCar GT on a WinXP computer that's mostly gathering dust... no surprise that wasn't in the poll because it doesn't run on modern OS & Race Department closed their SCGT forum more than a decade ago!

Indeed, multi votes highlights the fact that math formula used in RD polls is wrong because it divides the number of votes by the number of VOTERS instead of TOTAL VOTES.
By definition a percentage is...per 100 and the sum of all parts = 100
As said in my previous post, even with multi choice, if you divide the number of votes for 1 game by the total of votes then you get a real percentage, and the sum of all games will be 1.0 = 100/100 = 100% :)
It depends on what you want to show. This poll answers the questions: how many voters regularly run Assetto Corsa? how many voters regularly run Assetto Corsa Competizione? ... Naturally, the sum percentages of all titles may be over 100 since some voters run more than a single title.

To find percentage of voters, divide number of title votes by number of voters * 100. So, currently of 895 voters, 533 voted for Assetto Corsa, which tells us 60% of voters (533 / 895 = 0.596) run Assetto Corsa regularly. 51% of voters run Assetto Corsa Competizione regularly...

Your suggestion would show percentage of total votes that title was voted for, which is to say Assetto Corsa captured 18% of the total votes.

Last edited:
Easy for me to answer this one. Only really play ACC now. Very occasionally R3E or RF2, but they‘re a long way behind. I don’t think it’s surprising that the most modern sim is easily the best - but it’s going to be interesting to see how AMS2 pans out.

I’ll definitely get it, and I hope it’s going to be great because, fantastic though ACC is, it’s limited to GT3. If AMS2 gives a similarly high quality experience with all of the additional content it will have, I’m all in. Until then, it’s ACC all the way.

Aside from AC the only 4 wheeled vehicle simulator I break out reasonably often is "Pure Rock Crawling". I suppose it's aiming to be a simulator but I can see how it's not huge.

Recently I have been playing Forza 7 off and on. Just chipping away at the career and dabbling in multiplayer. I mostly run it because I can drive everything in the game using my H-pattern shifter. Yes the game does a crap job with manual transmissions, but at least I can run the cars I like with it.

Lately I had been spending a lot of time in iRacing and RaceRoom due to leagues but two weeks ago I ventured back into ACC for the Racedepartment Bathurst race. I had a good time but I was way off in pace so I spent more time in there trying to figure out what my issues were.

The more time I spent the more I learned and have been playing it almost exclusively the past week or so with minor excursions into iRacing and R3E.

Once I figured out the issues I have been enjoying some modest success.

Now if I can only figure out how to balance the aero the same way in iRacing and R3E...

• Deleted member 217114

Used to play lots of Dirt Rally 1 and RBR. Dirt 4 was a disaster. Played some circuit- sims here and there. Then took 1.5 year break. Sold all my stuff. February 2019 I went back to Dirt Rally 2. After 2 months I binned my T300 setup cause I am used to Fanatec.

Then a half year later of bulking up money I bought myself a dedicated rig again. Switched over to circuit-racing for good, cause Rally isn't Rally, but rather hotlapping. Fine. Was playing rFactor 2 lots, but I switched to AMS and AC, cause it's the better package. ACC is still on the fence to be played, but I do not love GT3's much. AMS 2 is going to be my main simulator.

TDLR: I am crazy.

Most of all F1 Challenge 99-02 from EA, with the VB 1950-2019 mod.
Sometimes F1 2019, loved so much the introduction of Driver Transfers (even if random)

EDIT: Also EA's F1 Manager: maybe too much simple as a Manager, but I still like it (maybe also for nostalgia)

Todavía estoy jugando Rfactor1, todos los demás simuladores son hijos de ellos, he probado el AC y para mí no es mucho más que Rfactor 1, y el otro que juego es GTR2, hermoso, Mod Power and Glory es tremendo

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back