Pit Stop problem

Hi. I am from Georgia - Tbilisi. Me and my friend decided to do our Country Track http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rustavi_International_Motorpark Our track was updated and now we have new circle. Much better than previous.

Official page : Rustavi International Motorpark

In game preview

10a62db3b7a6.jpg

13d910d93fd1.jpg

Someone can help us? we made pits, but car don't damage after hitting wall. It look like this. How to fix problem?

2bd49ccf9e01.jpg

d6476f5081ef.jpg

New pit stop

8cc2a18c31b0.jpg

First realise - Rustavi Beta 1 version. Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sm7hifs35vt2a78

Working process :

61eed6b0f594.jpg

085ea2986ce6.jpg

de3865eb47f6.jpg

8834466b8b18.jpg

It's our first work, Hope people like it. Lot of work to do.

Make 2 folders in the same base-basefolder
both folders containing the following files, *.scn / *.aiw / *.cam / *.gdb /+ *_loading.jpg

Make sure the path stated in the *.scn files are pointing to the right directory or *.mas files to find the meshes and textures.

For the GDB files of both versions i have some examples for you:

(for the course version)
TrackName = Your track
EventName = Your track - Course // shows up in rFactor as the subfolder.
GrandPrixName = Your track - Course //this must be the same as event name in order to sort circuit info correctly.
VenueName = Your track // shows up in rFactor as the main folder.

(for the drift version)
TrackName = Your track
EventName = Your track - Drift // shows up in rFactor as the subfolder.
GrandPrixName = Your track - Drift //this must be the same as event name in order to sort circuit info correctly.
VenueName = Your track // shows up in rFactor as the main folder.

Good luck!

Richard Hessels

I export my track from btb to rF. In this way it will work ? For example. I name my track RIM an than track01. Export it in game. After that i change something and import it in same folder like this: RIM and track02. But when i do this in program, it rewrite track01.

Before exporting rename the target map into something like _YourTrack. Then you can export all your versions, one after one, into the YourTrack map. After exporting every single version, put it into the _YourTrack map. After you have exported all the versions delete the "_".

Erwin Greven

It's looks very easy way for me to do, but i don't understand it :unsure: If you have some free time in your holidays, please make a little tutorial about it. If it's not hard for you.

Create first two folders where your separate tracks are exported in:
The export map and the backup map.
After exporting the first one, Immediately put it in the backup map.
This prevents the next export to overwrite the earlier exports.

Then export the next one. Put it in the backup map.
Then export the next one. Put it in the backup map. Go on as long you have different layouts.

After you have put all the layouts in the backup map. delete the export one, copy and rename that copy into the original export map.

For instance you build Silverstone:

Then you have a Silverstone export map (Silverstone) and a backup Silverstone map (Silverstone_Bak).

After you have exported all the tracks and you put these in the Silverstone_Bak map, delete the Silverstone map, copy (safety!!) and rename the Silverstone_Bak into Silverstone. From that moment you already have a WORKING environment. In fact you can race already in rFactor on all tracks.

When you have all these tracks, you have to ask your self:
What is exactly the same and what is different between all those tracks.

At the example it is very easy to say the track itself is the same, when you build the whole facility in one file.

What is different?
At least all your AIW files! All the GBD files. All the cam files, all the *_Loading files and ofcourse all the SCN files.

Next is a list of all files that is different per track.
("p/s/x")gmt-files (could be packed in 1 mas file)
pitglowin.gmt
pitglowout.gmt
pitlightin.gmt
pitlightout.gmt
startglow.gmt
startlight.gmt
xfinish.gmt
xpitin.gmt
xpitout.gmt
xsector1.gmt
xsector2.gmt
and
(variant).aiw
(variant).gdb
(variant).scn
(variant).tdf
(variant)loading.jpg
(variant)mini.tga
(variant)thmb.tga

If lyou pack these in separate maps (in this example, Silverstone_GP and Silverstone_Club) you can put all the other gmt-, dds-, jpg-, png-, and other files in one Silverstone.mas file, or how i divide them: Silverstone.mas (gmt), Silverstone_maps (dds), Silverstone_maps2 (jpg/png/bmp).

I will cut it in a half when i finish it. I think i reached poly limit of object.
Many detail you wont see from large distances, so you can have them seperate, only showing when the car is near enough.

How to make something like this in game ?

Richard Hessels - I forget to tall you, thank you for help ! I make track versions :)

100dc3a8bca5.jpg

Hi. I have one question about object. For example: i want to make something like this

But after hit object it's possible to reset it (in a few seconds) again ? It's even possible in rF ?

^^ Are you sure you got the right video link?

Yes. Just interested if it even possible. To heat object and reset it in some seconds. For example a simple bottle. Once i heat it's never reset in same place. Of course it would be in same place if i restart race. But restart every time when i heat some object once ? That's terrible...

Have some free space on my track and decided to to a little drift layout.

Last edited:
Ah, now i get it. Didn't see that bottle in the video at all.. On topic..

AFAIK, no it's not possible to reset moveable objects. Once they are touched, they will disappear eventually and removed from the scene completely. Otherwise, updating new geometry to all clients on the server becomes costly. As it is, only those who actually see the object move in their screen are updated with the new location, for everyone else on the server the object is gone the moment it is moved. Same rules then apply for offline, once touched countdown starts for object deletion..

In rF the rules are more loose (consequent touches on the object extend the deletion countdown?), Race07 they are very strict (first touch starts the countdown) but same principle is on both.

People i want to start making wet service on my track and any ideas how to do this ? Also interested, if this wet service will affect car physics ? Or it's just for visual look in game ? Also it's possible to make rain in track ? I remember this plugin.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back