Picked this up in sale and its great

apex11

@Simberia
Really glad i got it as once i opted into the DX11 beta the graphics are pretty cool.
Biggest issue i have, aside from hit and miss nature of some of the mods, is the fact i can't get the tyres to heat up and it seems to chuck you onto the grid with cold tyres.

I imagine this game is where the sim community get this bizzare idea that racing cars with aero and massive slicks drive like it's on black ice not a grippy race track.

I've tried lowering tyre temps, its annoying as well as clearly the AI has heat in their tyres from the start, you notice this in qually as they steam past you straight out of the pits.. I like the game and at times in the right car it feels awesome, but the lack of tyre grip confidence is staggering IMO.

At £11.99, cheaper than one car on iRacing its great and i have been playing it a lot but i need to find out the way to heat the tyres up, even the formation lap you cant get heat into them? what am i doing wrong?

Depending on the compound of the tyre and track conditions, it may take several laps for them to heat up properly and for you to achieve a good lap.

Just yesterday I started a practice session with track and air temperature at 15ºC, track surface was green, and compound was Medium. It took me 8 laps to do a 2:16:4 on SPA (Laser-Scanned) with the Porsche 997 GT3-R. I'm still learning the car and have only practiced for a few days with it, but I know I can get down to low 2:15's or even high 2:14's.

It is definitely possible to heat the tyres in 1 lap (formation lap), but you have to be wisely aggressive on turns and do burnouts on the rear tyres.

If the AI is passing you straight out of the pits, I can only think of two possibilities:

- either you have a slower car that is in a different class;
- or you still haven't build up the skill and is going too slow;

If the AI is on 100% (or even more) and you both have the same car, there's no other reason why they would go faster straight out of the pits, I think.

Depending on the compound of the tyre and track conditions, it may take several laps for them to heat up properly and for you to achieve a good lap.

Just yesterday I started a practice session with track and air temperature at 15ºC, track surface was green, and compound was Medium. It took me 8 laps to do a 2:16:4 on SPA (Laser-Scanned) with the Porsche 997 GT3-R. I'm still learning the car and have only practiced for a few days with it, but I know I can get down to low 2:15's or even high 2:14's.

It is definitely possible to heat the tyres in 1 lap (formation lap), but you have to be wisely aggressive on turns and do burnouts on the rear tyres.

If the AI is passing you straight out of the pits, I can only think of two possibilities:

If the AI is on 100% (or even more) and you both have the same car, there's no other reason why they would go faster straight out of the pits, I think.
Well the "I must be too slow" holds no water as I set the AI to be competitive but in a 15 min qually they can simply nail in the out laps with no issue of having cold tyres, PCars got blasted over this very same issue. It could just be the car though as it's like everything just a mod. I am doing races round Croft and I'm lapping Croft in the F4 car at about 1.12_1.13 , AI is getting top times of 1.14, my out laps I take easy to build up heat as I would do in real life on track days, so yes my out lap can be slow, but the AI never seemingly have cold tyres...I ask why not?
But this game is great, it's overly hard as in tyres should grip more though. Race cars shod with big slicks and aero are so grippy they actually create ripples in tarmac where the forces from tyres push the tarmac and cause these ripples which the guys on the motorbikes can feel, I did a track day on a motorbike and they explained this.
But also I do think it's an issue my end as my tyres seem to remain blue and maybe purple a bit and that's on most cars unless I spin up the wheels then it goes yellow to red but cools back to blue... The only other game to do this to my knowledge is Forza and Forza too has stupid ice feeling even more slippy then rfactor 2.

You need to push the tires a bit harder than you're doing if the tread temp isn't coming up during your outlap. There's a difference between tread temp and core temp. Plus... default setups are usually on the understeering side except for the historic cars.

2:14 that must be a world record surely, also would you be willing to share your set up

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Bwana...thanks for pointing out those tracks cuts as i was about to. You see these tracks cuts far too often with those so called fastest lap times! :confused:

FIA rules:
Drivers will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and, for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.

Example:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...aOwxJD1ar7k5gLUg3n6zsM_JGKDLTLxPC5WX-8siNaW3A

Last edited:
LOL:D now try it without track cutting. :rolleyes:
EDIT:
A bit higher lap time, but still room for improvement and surely even 2:14:5 again.
Video for those who think I should follow strict FIA rules when simming by myself with nobody else on the server:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...sale-and-its-great.139741/page-2#post-2594955

---------------------------------------

(Original post before Edit)

Because I cut a little bit on Eau Rouge/Radillon exit? :) I had to cut there otherwise I'd spin and crash.

OK, no problem, I'll make a video for you. Expect it within a few days. I went several weeks without a wheel waiting for my G29 to arrive (which it did 2 days ago). I'm a bit out of shape and not used to the brake at all, but I'll do it anyway.

Dont be too worried. half that lap is off track..
Don't be so dramatic.There was the obvious Radillon cut which I explained above, and a small cut at the end of the big straight.

FIA rules:
Drivers will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and, for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.
That's fine. If I didn't cut Radillon I'd crash, so I'd be more than OK with receiving a penalty for that if I was a real driver. Same for the other cut.

And well, who cares, I wasn't trying to beat any records or anything, nor did I claim to be the fastest driver around, I was just having fun and presented what I think to be a good lap time considering I bought rF2 about 2 weeks prior to the video recording.

Last edited:
6 times my friend that you had all 4 wheels over the solid white lines. Keep trying
Keep trying what, exactly? I genuinely thought that was the cut you were mentioning.

But don't worry, I'm already doing 2:14:9 while keeping 2 wheels always on track for the special snowflakes that think it's a serious crime crossing some fictional white line while having fun. And that is with 1 hour of practice since I've been away.

Keep trying what, exactly? I genuinely thought that was the cut you were mentioning.

But don't worry, I'm already doing 2:14:9 while keeping 2 wheels always on track for the special snowflakes that think it's a serious crime crossing some fictional white line while having fun. And that is with 1 hour of practice since I've been away.

OK kid. whatever. :rolleyes:

ps, I managed a 2.09.2 using your wrong method. So that makes you pretty slow. :roflmao::D

Last edited:
Ah, the older picky and annoying man who seems to think he knows it all and looks down on whoever is younger and made a few mistakes. A classic ;)

One day you will know how to do it properly.
And is arrogant too. Who would know? :roflmao:
But hey, I'm sure you had a lot of time on your hands to practice, "papa".

ps, I managed a 2.09.2 using your wrong method
Herp derp, good for you, I'm proud!

And it's not my method, I never race like that. I had just gotten rFactor 2 and actually didn't even realize I had 4 wheels off track until it was mentioned in this thread as I didn't look the outside footage at all. To me it seemed as 2 wheels were always on track, guess it's the difference between Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2's handling and FOV, and the fact that I didn't get any message saying I had cut the track.

But good try nevertheless :thumbsup: I'm sure you'll bring something new to keep this pointless discussion going, so please do it and keep talking to yourself, I'm sure it's a common thing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back