Picked this up in sale and its great

apex11

@Simberia
Really glad i got it as once i opted into the DX11 beta the graphics are pretty cool.
Biggest issue i have, aside from hit and miss nature of some of the mods, is the fact i can't get the tyres to heat up and it seems to chuck you onto the grid with cold tyres.

I imagine this game is where the sim community get this bizzare idea that racing cars with aero and massive slicks drive like it's on black ice not a grippy race track.

I've tried lowering tyre temps, its annoying as well as clearly the AI has heat in their tyres from the start, you notice this in qually as they steam past you straight out of the pits.. I like the game and at times in the right car it feels awesome, but the lack of tyre grip confidence is staggering IMO.

At £11.99, cheaper than one car on iRacing its great and i have been playing it a lot but i need to find out the way to heat the tyres up, even the formation lap you cant get heat into them? what am i doing wrong?

Too bad you automatically assumed I cut corners when I race. My usual qualy lap times are between 2:16 and 2:18, completely following every single rule and driving like a real world driver. But hey, to each their own :thumbsup:

Hah, not bad for a few hours worth of practice and considering I've been away for a while.

Did an almost perfect lap with 2 tyres always on track, except for one runoff. Lap time: 2:15:1.
I should've done 2:14:9, but I screwed up at the end somehow.
I really need to improve those last corners.

If it wasn't for the mistake at the beginning/end and the mistake before the double left hand, I'd certainly do a lot better.
Add a full-throttle at the exit of Slavelot (which I should've done but didn't because I was too afraid) and I'm sure the lap time can go down to 2:14:5 again with more practice.
Sadly a perfect full lap isn't easy to achieve. Still, 2:14:5 is doable while not cutting corners.

Lap times (track temp at 10C - Medium tyres):
- Starting with a green track: between 2:19 and 2:22
- After about 10 laps: Between 2:15:5 and 2:16:3 (with new tyres)

(I had to get all wheels onto the runoff at the double left hand, it's a tricky corner and I lost grip because of the mistake. Meh, I don't care, still proud of myself).

For some reason audio got screwed over. I'm not re-uploading this (3rd world internet, not fun at all). Video quality is poor also.

I don't know how this car can go so fast. To me it feels overpowered and has too much grip.
This C6-R is from ApexModing, they're GT3 MOD. I think none of the other cars from the same mod have this big performance.

With the C7R from URD I cannot get lap times down from 2:20.

With the C6R from EnduRacers I cannot get down from 2:18, and that is while ripping the tyres. This is by far my favorite Corvette for rFactor 2, and usual lap times are on the 2:19:5 and 2:26 if I have to let many cars from other classes pass.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back