Physics in gtr2 vs. AC

even steering invert doesn´t change anything ingame...weird.

when i change everything to 900 degrees it gets even worse.
can someone explain how to setup that wheel for ac?

whenever i do the configuration assist for the controller ingame and it tells me to turn the wheel for 90 degrees, the game detects approx 900 degrees wheel rotation, this setting is then saved, ingame and in CM, also i have 900 degree in logitech software for AC.
I checked all the boxes you guys showed me but still ingame it doesn´t match, i have too much rotation angle (almost double). Why is that suddenly?

Only if i put 240 degree wheel rotation everything matches. I even reboot the pc. Nothing

Edit: logitech software has a third profil which is called standard profil. Wheel rotation was set to 240 degrees there (like for gtr2). I have set it to 900 again and now AC seems to be okay.
gtr2 seems to match up as well. So i have 3 profiles now in logitech software: ac 900 degrees, gtr2 240 degrees and standard profil 900 degrees.
Is that the ocrrect way?

Last edited:
I am not sure I understand your issues, but just so that you know there's a fix for Steam GTR2 (only Steam) that allows matching visual wheel rotation up to 240 degrees and then it stops. That way you can say use 540 degrees for GT car, or 270 for F1 in wheel settings, but GTR2 visual rotation will get adjusted to match it. Mismatch was very annoying so I went and fixed it and many other bugs in my Plugin.

which plugin actually? sorry if stupid questions might come up every now and then but i am still new to all of this.
more than 240 degrees in gtr2 would be awesome, right now the steering is blocked off at 240 which isn´t much at all.

@assetto corsa
now with the wheel rotation beeing finalley okay again i tried the nissan primera again.
what i changed on setup:
-increased tyre preasure rear
-brake bias 80:20 (front:rear) and brake pressure down to 90%
-very soft antirollbar in rear
-ride height in rear higher

it handles better, but trail braking is still almost impossible. when you turn in and tap the brake at the same time the rear end is spinning out. Also when you coast through a turn (no throttle) and make a steering correction with bigger steering angle the rear end spins out. even with warmer tyre temps in rear.

It feels like driving on oce. Ist that normal?

I drive a honda type r in real life with track modifications. it os lighter in the rear and has stiff antirollbar and high spring rates and it grips really good even with toe out setup.
This car in ac just feels unrealistically exeggerated

Last edited:
ahh i get it, haven´t used this one before. With crew chief i won´t be able to use the xd plugin, right?
I have steam version of gtr2

For your last questions, try first AC original cars and not a .... mod.
Even a good mod may have imperfections ... so try original cars first and see if it reacts the same way.

@Jempy same with the 911gt3rs kunos car. Once it spins out an you quick countersteer there is no more counter reaction. it makes no difference you could either countersteer or leave it alone. At a certain oversteer angle there is nothing you can do and the car is like flioating on ice.
I just don´t like that feeling, in ac the phyiscs. Just don´t simulate real grip levels like in gtr2.
In gtr2 i can lose grip as well and have power oversteer or lift off oversteer but if you react quick you can get the car beack under control.
Not in ac. whatever

@The Iron Wolf:
Tried t start the CC plugin, the app starts but when i try to launch gtr2.exe i have a error message and the game crases. Not sure how to fix it, went through all the steps. Much to read...
I tryed to up the wheel rotation in profiler to 540 and to 270, of course wheel doesn´t match. changing the steering lock in the garage (setup) didn´t lehp either

Last edited:
what are you using atm?
i mean this:

1640636189802.png

@Please Stop This

I tried your tweak but that just caused the steering wheel to wobble and shake like crazy.

I tried other cars and indeed the issue i am describing can vary from car to car. I tried the car in the screenshot and it drives and feels amazing. Yes oversteer and you need quick reatcion but it has a connected feel, i was able to get under 7min at the nordchschleife. So that floating effect seems to apply to some cars let´s say, not all.

Had a few times now where the screen went black for a few seconds, known bug?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-27 214227.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-27 214227.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
haha ok lol you know that your milage / enjoyment may vary from kunos to mod :)
edit: ... to mod and back to kunos (and the order is meant like: good-bad-good-bad)

1640637541553.png

All i can say now: beware of mods.

Last edited:
lol
i feel like the most liked and popular cars (mods) are undriveable to me. Like the 911 GT3 R (2019), this car is literally undrivable no matter what you try, it spins and turns even when you brake on the straight, absolut hilarious, i can not drive it for two turns.
Yet in the comment section people love that car so much.

Irony that i built these cars in 2019 in weissach, couldn´t drive one of course but regarding to all testing that was done parallel by some of the drivers, car has amazing grip levels. Nothing in comparison to what the ac version feels i guess. I thought this must be a bug lol

lol
i feel like the most liked and popular cars (mods) are undriveable to me. Like the 911 GT3 R (2019), this car is literally undrivable no matter what you try, it spins and turns even when you brake on the straight, absolut hilarious, i can not drive it for two turns.
Yet in the comment section people love that car so much.

Irony that i built these cars in 2019 in weissach, couldn´t drive one of course but regarding to all testing that was done parallel by some of the drivers, car has amazing grip levels. Nothing in comparison to what the ac version feels i guess. I thought this must be a bug lol
dont get it started
1640640143745.png
:cautious:

Last edited:
To be honest I would stop car/plugin/settings hopping and concentrate on the driving.

Watching your video you're always overcommitted in corner entry, bleed a lof of speed by scrubbing instead of braking and then exit really slow without using the track width.

Forget about plugins, choose a car with no ABS/TC, make sure you have as close as possible to 1:1 ratio between real and virtual steer and concentrate on the basics... braking earlier, hitting your apex and driving in general.

Last edited:
you´re right, self improvement should be the number one focus.
i wouldn´t say i am a decent driver. However i stick to my opinion that some cars have strange driving behaviour/phyiscs.
And with more popular cars i wonder if i am the only one experiencing this.

If cars spin when you brake then it is due to brake bias setting : increase front brake bias by 10points till behavior is what you like (by example if default brake bias is 30/70 then try 40/60 and if it is not enough then try 50/50 etc...then you can fine tune by 1point like 52/48).
On the contrary, if cars cannot turn when you brake then increase rear brake bias till it is good for your driving style.

This depends on the modder taste (driving style) who made the physics. By example if you set NAPmod physics for hq car via gtr2 setup then you will feel same behavior as AC : many cars will spin if you stay too long on brake pedal because the modder had the habits to use brake very little as he often used left foot slightly on brake pedal while maintaining right foot slightly on accelerator.
I guess you are like me and we prefer to brake strongly with right foot only at the very last moment :D

Last edited:
At AC Nordschleife ( and surely not only AC ) ... very scary to brake or accelerate a bit too hard on most curves ... moreover with cold tyres and not yet with the needed tyre pression.

I'm often surprised also with the brakes power in AC ( or newer sims ) compared to GTR2. I need to push much harder in GTR2 for braking hard while I need to pay much more attention to the brakes in the other sims

Last edited:
i get what you are all saying.

i just completet testing with the porshce gt3 r.
I adjusted the setup very soft for lots of grip, high tc and so on.
Seems like some cars when you exceed a certain steering angle the car just spins out, no matter how slow you are. The moment it brakes loose it feels disconnected. Counter steering doesn´t do anything.
You have to take turns whilst using minimal steering angle, almost straight.
It happens when you coast through turns as well, even no gas, slow speeds - once you turn the wheel too much it just pops. Like it has absolutely no grip above that steering angle.

I know i am not a good driver but this is just weird imho.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Forum trophies