Physics in gtr2 vs. AC

I like playing gtr2 because i like the physics more than in ac. those are the two sims i dig in to for the last 1,5 years since i started. I just have a g29 with an aluminum rig and 32" wqhd screen..

ac feels very indirect to the steering input. No matter what car they always seem to loose control quickly like the car has literally no mechanical grip and when you oversteer the car is floating away like a boat. you have to be very cautios with steering input. i can barely keep an oversteering car under control, you even can´t just drive straight and make quick left right moves (for tyre warm up etc)
Ist that normal in ac? is that somehting that has to do with the g29 or is it a ffb setup thing? i drive trackdays in real life and work on cars, i think i have some basic understanding of how things should feel and ac feels very unrelastic to me

in gtr2 however everything feels more planted and the cars react more realsitic to steering input, mechaincal grip seems much higher, maybe a little bit too hhigh and unrelalistic but you can actually feel some sort of what the front wheels are doing imho. but tis is so subjective, thats why i am asking here.

What's your wheel rotation settings for AC ? ... by the kind of reactions you mention for AC, it might seem that you did set it not at 900° but much less.

In AC this is the rotation to choose in the Logitech profiler and the right rotation in game is automatically set by the game according to the chosen car.

you really have me confused now :D
I know, i have set wheel rotation in ac on900 degrees and in gtr2 on 240 degrees.

Just now after your post i made a profil in logitech software for ac where i have set 900 degree, i calibrated the wheel ingame new and it detected 839 degrees wheel rotation.
now all of u sudden the ingame steering wheel animation doesn´t match with my actual wheel rotation anymore. Hoiw is that? :D

Besides that to me the physics are still way to exegerrated in ac, cars loose grip to fast, very unrelaistic behaviour

ok edit: i have manually set both to 900 degrees, once in logitech software and once in game settings. wheel rotation is matching up again.
Playing around with ffb settings seem to makle some difference. However i still find the physics strange in ac compared to gtr2. Cars are just flying all over the place with no grip whatsoever. Hard to explain what i mean :-/

Last edited:
Which car ? which tyres ? which session ? which grip ? which track ? ... all this can make a difference.
A fresh practice track and a nearly optimal race track after a few laps .... can make a big difference. ;)

one more question, it might be off topic since it is related to ac, but t i have a car (honda civic cup) that does not match up wheel rotation every second time i do a driving session, then i exit the game and start again in content manager and then it is matched up again. The box for auto-adjust steer lock" is checked

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-25 182318.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-25 182318.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 66
Which car ? which tyres ? which session ? which grip ? which track ? ... all this can make a difference.
A fresh practice track and a nearly optimal race track after a few laps .... can make a big difference. ;)
Well, let´s say the Kunos 911 gt3rs (991) is a perfect example, nordschleife, clear conditions and optimal grip. it is unpossible to drive. and control that car in a relaistic manner. whenever you brake into a turn or you make quick steering mvement the car is loosing absolute control and flyies into nowhere. it´s like you are trying to control a boat. You can only brake carefully on the straight, go slow through a turn and make no quick movement. Car goes from understeer to oversteer in an uncontrollable way and this is with most other cars.
Same happens with a honda civic frontwheel drive. Once the rear is loosing grip it is floating off the track, ypou can´t just keep it under control, like if the steering is disconnected from what the car sdoes in that moment.
AC is no fun and no simulation to me, that is why i stick to gtr2. Unless some explains to me what i am doing wrong here : lol

Last edited:
Those reactions seem rather exagerated in my opinion.

I'm driving AC for years, I find most original setups too understeery for my own driving .... and the main problem I encountered with AC is some difficulty in catching a brutal oversteer with mostly a counter move to the other side. ( coup de raquette in french but can't find the way to translate it into english )
Is this real or not ? I can't say .... nevertherless, I knew worse with Historic cars in RFactor 1 .... those were real boat cars ! :roflmao: with an exagerated bad handling.

I'm mostly a back marker on track ... so a better driver than me might tell more about your AC driving feelings.

No, what you are describing is actually a good expression of how i feel about it. Many cars seem to have a snap oversteer when you make quick reactions and then counter swing to the other direction and are not beeing able to keep under control.
However this is very subjective and maybe one can get used to. But for me it kills the fun and the sim experience. I use ac mainly to practice for tracks i drive in france in real life to get memory of track layout but as a simulation i just can´t enjoy the phyics and cars behaviour.

Does it mean you're french ? ...I'm a french speaking belgian in fact ... also present in french forums and league.
But I began here at RD +- 10 years ago .. so I'm often coming back and being present at RD. ( @GTR233 is french also )

Nevertheless .... we're all driving english after all ! :laugh:

no man i am from germany unfortunatley, however i travel to france regularly for trackdays like de bresse, chenevieres, magny cours etc
Luckily those tracks exist as mods in ac

just drove the Nissan Primera P11 BTCC, a car that is well appreciated and downloaded as a mod here in RD.
To me undrivable, as most other cars in ac.
Whenever you make a quick steering move the rear end is loosing stability and car is oversteering like crazy.
I changed setup, lower spring rates, softer arb in the back.
It changed a little bit to the better but still, whenever you lift throttle in corner entry or give it a higher steering angle the car will turn and ly away.
Absolut garbage driving feeling.

Any ideas what i am experiencing here? I not like touching ac because of this experience and i donßt get why this game is so popular. Absolut cramp imo

I really don't understand how you can drive easily GTR2 and not AC decently.
Do you drive GTR2 without any driving help else said do you use "Simulation" in the Realism Options ?
That's the only reason I may find for such a difference in the handling of the cars.

Of course, driving in Simulation mode in gtr2, no driving aids.

Really do not understand either what is going on here.
Some cars in AC handle better. But many cars are just undrivable imho. Whenever i lift the gas entering a corner the tail brakes loose immidietaly.

You have to brake while driving straight, make a slow turin in when entering the turn, hold steady throttle through the turn and accelarate when exiting not before getting the wheels straight.
Real cars do not react like this, there should be more mechanical grip, in ac whenever you make quick steering moves, cars seem to loose control so fast.

I will make a video later in the day so maybe you can understand what the issue is to me.

I have an older video of me driving the gt3rs on the NS but it took me forever to get a clean lap without loosing control. Car is so difficult to handle

I wonder if your problem doesn't only concern the cars with a ... TC ( and maybe ABS too !? )
There's something rather strange in the way the setting is done in AC while it's the contrary in ACC.

In AC, the higher the number for TC the less TC you have !??? ... in ACC, the higher the number is the more traction control you have ( more logically of course )

GT3 cars were built to use TC and ABS ... and I'm sure most real drivers use them in race.
So maybe the TC settings are not correct ...or you try to drive them without any of those driving aids. ( Using "Factory" settings in place of "None" for AC cars is the best solution )

TC may have a very bad effect of car handling if it's not correctly set. ... the less possible but high enough to have a positive effect. ;)
NB: and don't forget to use the right profile for rotation !!!! very important ... AC= 900° for GTR2 if you prefer 240° don't forget to choose the right one each time !!

thnaks. I have a profile set in logitech software for my wheel. for AC is use 900 degree, for gtr2 i use 240 degree.

I have found out lately that the "auto adjust to car steer lock" in CM does not work always. When that occurs i have more steering angle on dashcam steering wheel than on my g29. If that happens i exit the game dectivate the "auto-adjust" function, re-activate the game and it is working correctly again (and vice versa).

However, this seems to have nothing to do with the cars handling i am talking about, spinning out so quickly and uncontrollabe.

Your explanation with the TC sounds more obvious to me. But usually i drive without TC for the most part. I use them in gt3 cars.

Having those spin outs in a front wheel drive car however doesn´t make sense regarding the TC.
Those spin outs seem to happen on trail braking mostly when entering a turn.
I will make a video later about the issue

Last edited:
So here is the issue, i explain it again:

I choose the Nissan Primera BTCC. Every second time i launch to drive from Content Manager the wheel rotation in game doesn´t match to my g29.
Driving is almost impossible because little rotation on the g29 is causing much more steering angle ingame., thus resulting in excessive oversteer when corner entering and very sensitive steering response of course.
Then i leave the game and start agin. Now wheel rotation is fine, both g29 and ingame is lined up. Still the car has fast snap oversteer and spins out.

I have 900 degrees setup in logitech software for Assetto Corsa. When i go to the ingame setup menue it shows me 839 degrees (even after calibrating) aiuto detection ? But the settings in CM tells me 900 degrees as well (as you see in the video)
So hquestion is:

1. why is the wheel rotation messed up and then ok again after restarting the game?!

2. Could that possibly have to do with the oversteer/spinn off behaviour (wrong calibration of wheel rotation)?

You can see what i mean by looking at the Youtube Video i just made

Last edited:
Excuse me, ingame settings menue are 900 degrees as well, i adjusted that via content manager

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-27 181446.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-27 181446.png
    394.2 KB · Views: 52
Thanks @Please Stop This ... I didn't even imagine he might have forgotten to check the "Invert" as I'm nearly sure it's needed for Logitech wheels.

But for the rest of his problem showing the pedals in your video should tell maybe more .... for your spins
Pay attention to brakes ... they are mostly stronger than in GTR2 ... I often notice a big difference coming from AC and driving GTR2.
For Nord, especially mind the curbs they can be risky when tyres don't have their perfect pression.
( I never use Time Attack sessions ... here temperatures seem OK, but pressions ?? and they are very important in AC

The wheel rotation is off now totally.
I have 839 degrees in settings (both ingame and in cm), i have 839 degrees in logitech software, and i have checked the box in "auto-adjust car steer-lock" and i have checked the box "automatically check and fix controllers"

I have more wheel rotation ingame, meaning when i turn the g29 the car has much more steering angle.

how the hell can this be so complicated to setup the wheel rotation? ths is frustrating

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.2%