PC1 Pcars funding is nearly complete.

300k+ invested this month, so it's possible funding will be completed anytime within the next few months as only about 300-400k remains.
December might be a tight month, but it might also be the last month as people get in before the door shuts.

My understanding is approx 270k units must be sold to break even.

Just tell us then how to make an omelette without breaking some eggs. :rolleyes:

You don't really need a crystal ball to understand the more funds they have, the better. Now, you don't want to contribute, so don't. No one's forcing you, me or anybody else.

I guess its really not accurate.
If Shift 1 sold more than 4M, why Shift 2 would sell only 330K ? I maybe completely wrong but i don't think it has sold so few copies.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit to Sell 4.2 Million, Generate $185 Million, says Analyst

Posted November 4, 2010 by James Brightman

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit ships in about two weeks, and it could be a huge title this holiday season for Electronic Arts. The folks at Criterion (Burnout) will be bringing the series back to its roots with cops and car chases. That's expected to resonate with fans, as Janco Partners analyst Mike Hickey believes EA will sell around 4.2 million units, generating sales of $185 million this holiday.

Hickey notes that "the delay of Gran Turismo 5 will likely benefit the holiday sales performance of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit... but could challenge the planned release of SHIFT 2."

Indeed, Hickey sees the release of SHIFT 2 as a bigger problem: "We expect the fiscal Q4’11 planned release of Need for Speed: SHIFT 2 (we’re modeling for nearly $100 million in sales) could miss a gear or two; particularly as the franchise’s planned iteration pacing seemed exceptionally awkward."

Hickey added that the "console racing genre appears dislocated from consumer interest at the moment aside from Gran Turismo fever."
- http://www.industrygamers.com/news/...42-million-generate-185-million-says-analyst/

Star Wars MMO Has Analysts Seeing 1 Million Users In First Year

Posted April 25, 2011 by M.H. Williams

It’s not an understatement to say that EA and BioWare are banking hard on the success of Star Wars: The Old Republic. The publisher is looking for around 500,000 players to have a “substantially profitable” MMO, and 1.5 million players have already signed up for the beta. In a good luck charm for EA, technology analyst firm Janco Partners said it expects SWTOR to hit just over a million subscribed players within the first 12 months of launch.

Janco’s Mike Hickey notes that outside factors like the licensing deal with Lucasarts could lead to EA seeing more returns from a lower subscriber base.

“It’s important to remember that the Company does not capitalize their development expense and it’s possible they could recoup LucasArts royalty until development expense is repaid; which would provide a higher near term profitability from a lower subscriber range. We suspect a willingness from investors to believe [500,000] to 1 million Star Wars MMO subscribers is an attainable target,” wrote Hickey.

Hickey estimates that The Old Republic could generate $161.9 million in total sales, with $108.5 million of that being digital-only sales.

Janco also estimates total fourth fiscal quarter 2011 (ending on March 31, 2011) sales for EA’s largest franchises. The list is below:

Dead Space 2 - $91 million in sales – 2.030 million units sold-in
Need for Speed SHIFT 2 - $91 million in sales – 1.975 million units sold-in
Crysis 2 - $78 million in sales – 1.725 million units sold-in
Dragon Age II - $57 million in sales – 1.280 million units sold-in
Bulletstorm - $50 million in sales – 1.100 million units sold-in
Tiger Woods: The Masters - $32 million in sales – 1.100 million units sold-in
Fight Night Champion - $44 million in sales – 0.975 million units sold-in
Mass Effect 2 (PS3) - $17 million in sales – 0.380 million units sold-in

EA will be providing its financial earnings report for the quarter on May 4, 2011.
- http://www.industrygamers.com/news/star-wars-mmo-has-analysts-seeing-1-million-users-in-first-year/

That means i was right then? :)
Need for Speed SHIFT 2 - $91 million in sales – 1.975 million units sold-inSo it wasn't just 330K copies. Still just a half in comparison to Shift 1

You still don't get it...or pretend you don't, Rober-to? :)

-------

Anyway, while not spot on accurate, vgchartz is not usually way off the mark. Gotta wonder what made them publish that figure.

Between the analyst's predictions, those 850k and Ian Bell's figures (another thread), the real number is quite probably around the million mark. Which is understandable considering 2 NFS titles concurrent releases.

Hopefully, pCARS will reach that number...at least.

That tops even the most optimistic predictions by some analysts. Surprisingly, I'd say - EA launched 2 NFS very close together.

That being said, global sales up to now - have they surpassed Shift 1's?

You still don't get it...or pretend you don't, Rober-to? :)

-------

Anyway, while not spot on accurate, vgchartz is not usually way off the mark. Gotta wonder what made them publish that figure.

Between the analyst's predictions, those 850k and Ian Bell's figures (another thread), the real number is quite probably around the million mark. Which is understandable considering 2 NFS titles concurrent releases.

Hopefully, pCARS will reach that number...at least.
Trully i still don't got it.
Isn't saying 1.9M sales? So its not only 330K, or am i wrong?
Anyway NFS sales is something different in my point of view. Its know as a more arcade game with some cop chases among other stuff. Sim racers (most of them) don't target NFS games. So i believe NFS Shift is something in between, which in my point of view explains the sales. When talking about GT and Forza people already new what to expect, but shift is something new in the NFS world. To me pCars shouldn't be seeing as a NFS, its something new, so i dont think that using NFS sales can be a good comparison.
Sorry about the english, hope i've made myself clear :D

So 4fiddy for October, and approx 235k remaining.
The typical rate was about 100k+/mth, but if some of the seniors dump more in, it's quite possible funding will be complete by early Dec.{just a guess}.

I wonder whether Gamespot/GT/ING reviews are on the cards, if so, one would assume 250k units would be a cakewalk+ytube marketing.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.