PC1 Pcars funding is nearly complete.

300k+ invested this month, so it's possible funding will be completed anytime within the next few months as only about 300-400k remains.
December might be a tight month, but it might also be the last month as people get in before the door shuts.

My understanding is approx 270k units must be sold to break even.

Hi guy's

How does it work when a friend pay's the game for me with a credit card?

Can he order it on my account on WMD with his credit card and credentials?
he wil get the registration info on his email adres he has to fill in for the credit card
will the account be on his name?

I have orderd rFactor when it was out on someone else's his credit card credentials,
but had to put in my email adres to recieve the activation link, does it work also for above?

help I am confused and stressed as there is not much time left !

Jack you need a paypal account to buy pCars Toolpacks. So yes, your friend could buy a toolpack for you but it would be better if you take you're personal paypal account.

EDIT: New signups are closed, no new members can join. Only upgrades from juniours up to Full Members. (Upgrades to higher tiers are also closed)

No money can buy decent FFB And physics!

Thanks man, really.

thanks for the info, don't have working PP account atm,
my PP payment was rejected due to some reason

there is also the option to pay with a cc given on the paysite when not having paypal
thought that way to let my friend pay, its in process as we speak, will see how it goes

its paid on my WMD account and now I have full access to the forum
and downloading the game as we speak so it seems to go ok :)

Reactions: Tom
It's open again. SMS has removed about 500K that they originally contributed so members can bring in more of their own money. SMS still has 1million of their own committed to the project.
pCars must be a female racing game.

Lets close the funding, o no its still open.
Open-close-open-close-open.....
They can't make up there mind:rolleyes:

It's open again. SMS has removed about 500K that they originally contributed so members can bring in more of their own money. SMS still has 1million of their own committed to the project.
So what have they done with 500K they have withdrawn? Shared it around amongst the office staff as a Christmas bonus? (don't worry guys we'll get the gullible public to keep chucking more money at us so we don't have to spend our own money).

Does that mean that the contributing public now get more of a say on what goes on with the project now that SMS have taken 500k out of the pot?

Yeah, besides it was the community's decision to open it again and gives the existing members the chance to upgrade if they missed the window. Would've been just fine for me to keep it closed tho.
I believe existing subscribers could still upgrade, irrespective of the 'window closure'. It was just new subscribers that the door was being closed on.

I believe existing subscribers could still upgrade, irrespective of the 'window closure'. It was just new subscribers that the door was being closed on.

That's not the case. Some wire transfers were still in transit when the funding was closed and caused the bar to rise a little more than anticipated but upgrades were closed to all members until the community was polled.

So what have they done with 500K they have withdrawn? Shared it around amongst the office staff as a Christmas bonus? (don't worry guys we'll get the gullible public to keep chucking more money at us so we don't have to spend our own money).

Does that mean that the contributing public now get more of a say on what goes on with the project now that SMS have taken 500k out of the pot?

Really not sure if these are serious questions that you would like answered or if you just felt like venting. :O_o: I get the sense, based on your post, that you would be inclined to think the very worst of SMS regardless.

SMS have now started another poll asking if we should open up to New members every now and again. This is a weighted poll so it would take many thousands of normal members to outvote one senior manager.

I understand that this is a business decsicion but it leaves a sour taste in the mouth. One minute there is a big rush for everyone to buy in before funding closes. People making sacrafices in order to buy a tool pack before it is too late for SMS to then go and reopen funding again (The poll hasn't finished yet but it looks like the yes's are going to win thanks to senior mangers voting with their heavily weighted votes even though the no's were winning up until a senior manager voted).

It leaves the impression that SMS flip flop around.

This leads me to my next issue. The WMD forums are full of zealots. They are extremely defensive of even minor criticism. Even the moderators are partial and weigh in with their opinions. When it boils down to it the community has very little say in the development of the game. I think if most members really sat down and thought about it they would realize that SMS are developing it the way they want to. Don't be under the illusion that your say has much of an impact.

Don't get me wrong though I am liking the game so far and think it will be a quality product but it is a community project in name only.

First things first...the username, lovelyhead? Is there a back story to that one? Just curious. :D

Anyway, I can relate to what you're saying at a certain level but I must just quickly rant against this idea that the "WMD forums are full of zealots." There is a small number of individuals in the mix who fit that description, yes, ( < that bit's important) but there are many more likeable, reasonable and thoughtful types over there, so I don't think it's a fair assessment based on my own experience.

A fair portion of the regular posters are probably better described as being, at times, over-protective of any criticism that is not choicely worded, which can be a source of enormous frustration for non-native-English speakers. It's a very different beast to pure zealotry though. That,or they just seem to be lacking the necessary stamina or willpower to tackle the same topics over and over again.

Patience does appear to be wearing thin (it seems to ebb and flow over time - I suffer from it too intermittently) and although that can block out some of the useless noise that rears it head here and there, it can be and is at times levelled at people with the best of intentions...which sucks. I have no real solutions to offer, but I have found myself agreeing with various criticisms only to lament the fact that it was delivered with all the tact of a drunk teenager. :p

As for the flip-flopping, the changes being considered are being put to a poll just as were others over the past year and despite the fact that lower tiered members exist and have the power to vote and importantly, to out-vote senior managers (not always a good thing, of course) should they feel so inclined, most choose not to. Which is weird...and annoying.

So, yes. Harness that scepticism and cross those fingers but don't ever let yourself be mislead into thinking community is somehow synonymous with harmony. It never was and it never will be. Such is our nature. :)

The username is taken from a Goldfrapp song. I like the connotations though!

Perhaps Zealots is a bit harsh! There is however a core group of posters who will have nothing bad said against the game. Whether it is fair criticism or not. The "community ambassadors" (or as I like to call them Useful Idiots) are particularly guilty of this. The mods can also be very one sided when in my opinion they should be impartial.

I actually agree with a lot you have said over on the WMD forums. You seem to be level headed and don't just accept that everything SMS does is always the right thing. We have been on the same side of a few arguments. You might even guess what my username is over there (please don't reveal it here).

I was trying to think today when the last time the community had a big say in anything other than a funding related matter. Couldn't think of one. I used to be a defender of SMS when people said that we are just paying beta testers. It is beginning to feel like I was wrong.

So much interesting stuff in there! :D I do love a level-headed back and forth. Keeps the mind keen. And no, I won't reveal your username, but I will be losing sleep tonight trying to figure it out. :p That's how my brain works unfortunately.

To my mind, the mods and the crew at SMS are just as liable as you or I are to say or do something intelligent/stupid/wise/daft etc, etc, so I do my best to avoid judging people too harshly even though I do it all the time. :rolleyes: We all do. We can't help ourselves. Just type 'Cognitive Biases' into Wikipedia to see what we're all up against. :confused:

I honestly think the biggest barrier to understanding is this text on the screen business >(forums, in general) If say, you, Remco, Bruno and myself were kicking back in front of an open fire with a whisky in hand, any discussion we had would be bound to be very different and probably one hell of a lot more productive and enlightening than we could ever manage using text and emoticons as we do here or over at WMD. It's probably obvious, I know, but I think it's important to recognize how much we read into what's being said and often-times misinterpret things.

Probably the gravest concern I have is how people whose native language is not English are sometimes, though certainly not always, treated poorly by dint of the fact that they mostly likely aren't really sure how to put something across so that it's not misinterpreted. I don't envy them that and I wish some folks would wake up to how difficult it must be for them.

As far as the having a big say thing...
I suppose it boils down to the cumulative effect of a little say.
Think feedback on racing line designs, FFB, corners and curbs, lighting/reflections, voting for favourite cars/tracks, distribution and so on. Or think David Rezac (SMS) recently asking anyone who lives near Donnington Park to take a few happy snaps of certain buildings for example. When I first read up on the project, that was what I pictured would happen to bring it all to life. I'm happy with that for sure, but there are days when I'd like SMS to make the game just for me. Screw everyone else. :D

Anyway, I'm rambling. Off to bed I go. :thumbsup:

I may or may not be in your friends list...

I agree with what you say about how people would act if they met in real life. That is one of the good things about being an anonymous writer on a forum though. Some more reserved personalities may not speak their mind fully if they were having a discussion in real life.

Yes I agree about the language and cultural barriers some of the members have to overcome. The Germans seem to have the hardest time with that!

As you say feedback has been the biggest contribution that the members have provided. I would say though that I think the members have had very little input towards the direction the game is taking. You could argue that nothing would ever get done if everything went to a vote but then again it would be nice if they implemented some member ideas every now and again.

I originally viewed pCARS as being a game that would be designed around the wishes of the community. How it has turned out though is a game designed by SMS and the community is allowed to provide feedback and bug hunt. Not quite the same as I imagined.

I now just accept that the final game will be 95% designed and coded by SMS with some token ideas put in from the community. I hope I am wrong but that is the way it has been going in my opinion.

I still think SMS will turn out a cracking game though. Definitely better than SHIFT 1 & 2.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back