Skins Paint work glossiness

I was just wondering out of interest what controls the glossiness and reflection of a car skin. One particular car I use regularly which should have normal gloss paintwork actually appears satin. Is there anyway that this can be altered easily?

Many Thanks.

Reflection map. Open the car in CM showroom, select car body, txMap is the name of the reflection map. Red channel is specular intensity, green channel is reflection sharpness, blue channel is reflection intensity.

Another way, especially if the reflection map alone isn't enough to achieve the desired look, is to make a material change via CSP. In assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\common there are templates for CSP shader changes.

f09NZQW.jpg

umkUYzC.png

is the function of the maps channels. 'standard' is to put ao map in red/blue, white in green.

The basic settings that set the starting point are
ksSpecular - spot brightness
ksSpecularEXP - specular spot size & reflection sharpness (higher is smaller + sharper)
isAdditive - 0 uses equal values, 2 multiplies ksSpecularEXP by 256 to determine reflection sharpness

Last edited:
Hi and thanks for all the replies, this is all a bit above my paygrade if I'm being honest. I did find dds file called map_body which is a pale green colour. Also comparing some different cars I see that only some have a est_config file in the skin folder that lists the paint material details.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 34.0%