Skins Paint work glossiness

I was just wondering out of interest what controls the glossiness and reflection of a car skin. One particular car I use regularly which should have normal gloss paintwork actually appears satin. Is there anyway that this can be altered easily?

Many Thanks.

Reflection map. Open the car in CM showroom, select car body, txMap is the name of the reflection map. Red channel is specular intensity, green channel is reflection sharpness, blue channel is reflection intensity.

Another way, especially if the reflection map alone isn't enough to achieve the desired look, is to make a material change via CSP. In assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\common there are templates for CSP shader changes.

f09NZQW.jpg

umkUYzC.png

is the function of the maps channels. 'standard' is to put ao map in red/blue, white in green.

The basic settings that set the starting point are
ksSpecular - spot brightness
ksSpecularEXP - specular spot size & reflection sharpness (higher is smaller + sharper)
isAdditive - 0 uses equal values, 2 multiplies ksSpecularEXP by 256 to determine reflection sharpness

Last edited:
Hi and thanks for all the replies, this is all a bit above my paygrade if I'm being honest. I did find dds file called map_body which is a pale green colour. Also comparing some different cars I see that only some have a est_config file in the skin folder that lists the paint material details.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 401 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 253 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 270 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 120 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.9%
Back