General Paid mods post your opinion

I don't want to pay for the mods because in my opinion, making a mod should be a pleasure instead of a business.
I agree, the donations are a much better reward
So you don't want to pay for mods but you agree to donations? How does that fit?

Something can bring someone pleasure, even be a passion, and they may still want to gent paid for it. I don't think the RSS team reluctantly builds their mod cars because they need to eat.

So you don't want to pay for mods but you agree to donations? How does that fit?

Something can bring someone pleasure, even be a passion, and they may still want to gent paid for it. I don't think the RSS team reluctantly builds their mod cars because they need to eat.
You can choose whatever amount of money you want to give when you donate. In addition to that, a donation is a reward for a good work, while when you pay for a mod, you are not sure whether it's good or not.

You can choose whatever amount of money you want to give when you donate. In addition to that, a donation is a reward for a good work, while when you pay for a mod, you are not sure whether it's good or not.

So how much do you usually donate? And what’s the last donation you sent?

As long as there are more free mods than pay mods I am fine with it. Also as long as people don’t start charging high prices.

I have bought the following that I can think of.

URD EGT mod and URD PX mod. Not completely satisfied with these. They have been relegated to AI controlled cars to race against unfortunately.
RSS Formula 2017, Formula 2018, Formula 79, GT1. Completely happy with all of these and looking forward to updates.
DRM mod. I’m very happy with this mod. Only problem I have is that I am faster than the AI driven cars.
Sergio’s Sandvorte track. Completely happy with this track and looking forward to the next update.

I have also downloaded to many free mods to note here. Unfortunately I haven’t donated though. Maybe I should change that some time in the future for the real high quality ones that I have.

Last edited:
What's the incentive to release it, then?
Once upon a time, there was something called passion.
Now, while I get that "more advanced games requires more and more resources", why the hell don't they simply contact the devs and see if they can work with them to get the mod inside the game? they'll get 2x the pay, and they'll have 2x the resources. (see quake and doom. tnt\plutonia and the raven's quake expansions.)

As long as there are more free mods than pay mods I am fine with it. Also as long as people don’t start charging high prices.
This. My fear is that we'll soon have games that'll be already costly, with tons of DLCs\with DLCs that cost you an arm and a leg , and to top it off, even more paid mods.

Or you could do both?
oh yeah, why not. Pay twice, get one product.
The thing is, Paid mods should be regulated, as they're PAID. Even if they cost a penny, if you're like me (or went through half the stuff I went), then you struggled to get to that one penny.

"How to regulate it then?"
Well, having community-made DLCs showing up in the official dlcs lists would be a thing. Like featuring the DRM pack as a DLC on the steam's page. (damn thing is 15 dollars. Damn, for 15$ I can buy myself a game or basic necessities)

Otherwise you'll soon see the Golden Potato Mod again, but for 99$, I'll bet my pants on it.

if somebody dont want to pay a car mod- dont buy and dont play using this car. It simple and i think time to close this spam:)
Too bad the world doesn't work that way. Let's put a worst-case scenario (as I always do):
There's this mod, that cost... 20€ and there are other "mini updates" you need to pay for them too, 6€ each. 60€+20€ in total - and you cannot pay for it.
But every damn server of your favourite game is using it [let's also pretend that you dislike it for some reason, let it be that it doesn't add anything or that you don't like the devs, idc].
You change game, because you can no longer play it as every server is basically telling you not to play until you buy. And so on, in that other game there's this other paid mod and you can't join any server, and then you'll end up playing either classics or offline.

Now, it won't hopefully end like that, but that's why I think that paid mods should be regulated from start. Especially when I need to pay 4$ + 4$ + 4$, because the item aren't bundled.
inb4: "you're wrong, here's why: you're lingfox." [it really happened,not joking]

Last edited:
damn thing is 15 dollars. Damn, for 15$ I can buy myself a game or basic necessities
Its your prerogative to choose what to do with your 15$, buy that game if you wish.

Its a free market - the mod makers can charge whatever they like - if its too much then no one will buy it and it won't be successful. If its too little, they won't cover the cost of time. Its a balancing act.

Speak with your wallet - if you don't like paid mods, just don't buy them. If other people don't like paid mods, they shouldn't buy them either.

But the fact they exist at all is very telling. It says there is a market. People are enjoying it, its win win. Win for the creators, who can financially support what was a hobby into perhaps a job, win for consumers, who have a broader variety of content to choose from.

I get what you mean, but you should really try to see from the other side's eyes.
no, really. You should.

and by the way, you missed the point of the fifteen dollars' thing.
as it was there just to illustrate the value of money, something that is getting kinda lost these days.

Also, I fear that many modders in the future will get greedy, and since, as you said "it's a free market", can basically charge you thousands of dollars just for a tire change animation or a badly drawn skin.
They'll eventually reach the point when they'll understand that, and will release crap, but it'll be paid crap. and then we'll be having "paid" and "free" users all over again.
Like some time ago,between 2009 and 2015.
(and if that funny EU's law doesn't get approved we can at least make "political cartoons" out of it.)

Last edited:
Also, I fear that many modders in the future will get greedy, and since, as you said "it's a free market", can basically charge you thousands of dollars just for a tire change animation, they'll eventually reach the point when they'll understand that, and will release crap, but paid crap.
I'm sorry but if someone is stupid enough to purchase something as ridiculously silly as that then they deserve to be out of pocket...

I'm sorry but if someone is stupid enough to purchase something as ridiculously silly as that then they deserve to be out of pocket...
6LlqCea.jpg

People are stupid enough to buy anything you'll give them. The sims' DLC list is a proof of that (or the train simulator's one).

But the point is that the modding scene will disappear if it's badly managed. And it's very likely to be badly managed. But RIGHT NOW the thing is calm, I'm simply projecting to the future. Like late 2020 or so. [And just to add another proof, bethesda's Creation Club is full of crap too. and people buy those crappy mods.]

6LlqCea.jpg

People are stupid enough to buy anything you'll give them. The sims' DLC list is a proof of that (or the train simulator's one).

But the point is that the modding scene will disappear if it's badly managed. And it's very likely to be badly managed. But RIGHT NOW the thing is calm, I'm simply projecting to the future. Like late 2020 or so. [And just to add another proof, bethesda's Creation Club is full of crap too. and people buy those crappy mods.]
Be sure to update us then in 3 years time :) In the meantime I'll just continue making my free+paid mods/other content as I have been.

Also, I fear that many modders in the future will get greedy, and since, as you said "it's a free market", can basically charge you thousands of dollars just for a tire change animation or a badly drawn skin.
They'll eventually reach the point when they'll understand that, and will release crap, but it'll be paid crap. and then we'll be having "paid" and "free" users all over again.
Like some time ago,between 2009 and 2015.
I paid for my first mod before you were even in school, nothing has changed over the years, there will always be both, free and paid. Today its easier to establish a selling point with paypal and all ofc, back in the days you could get mods (in that case for flight sims) on CD via mailorder, booklet and all, a product of quality next to what one could find on avsim and the sites of the days. And its the same today. The prospect of getting something in return results in better, more user oriented work.

And donations? I mean I have only added a button to my stuff rather recently, long after release of the 996 and the Audi and right with the hot rod, still ~1500 downloads combined since then, but so far no single donation got to me.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back