General Paid mods post your opinion

Let's put another worst-case scenario: the modders don't want to put hundreds/thousands of hours of work (and as time moves on people demands more quality in modelling/sounds/physics) for nothing in exchange and you have no mods to play at all.
We'd be then having DLCs, but really? Really, that was your counter-reply?

I paid for my first mod before you were even in school, nothing has changed over the years, there will always be both, free and paid. Today its easier to establish a selling point with paypal and all ofc, back in the days you could get mods (in that case for flight sims) on CD via mailorder, booklet and all, a product of quality next to what one could find on avsim and the sites of the days. And its the same today. The prospect of getting something in return results in better, more user oriented work.

And donations? I mean I have only added a button to my stuff rather recently, long after release of the 996 and the Audi and right with the hot rod, still ~1500 downloads combined, but so far no single donation got to me.
Well... Yes, you're right. Although the thing has gotten weirder, at best. While for the flight sims you'd be then having some "ultra realistic planes" (unless you're using flightsimlab's a320, then you'd be having an ultra realistic malware), and the engine itself was far worse than the mod. The mod was roughly 3-5 times better than the base game itself. Especially with flight simulator X where you can land a 747 on a bloody carrier.
I'm sorry about hearing that the donation box isn't really working for you, but it doesn't mean it doesn't works for other.

Anyway, I really like how everybody is beating on me for not being enthusiastic at the idea of having even more paid mods while they also completely ignore that I do actually support them, and want to see them in the official DLC list. I bloody said that, for dank's sake. That would be a win-win, not having to buy something from a third party and then if the modders didn't properly installed a key-generator on the site, having to wait for weeks to get the key. And then maybe it wouldn't work for some reason and having to reach out to them and then having to wait even more. That all without guarantees of it working\liking it ("you should watch gameplays of it", yeah they all show the same car on the same track).

Last edited:
Why is it childish? I know many people who share this opinion.
There are two way to contribute to a discussion.
One is to actually share it's point of view, while also explaining why (and maybe trying to also respect the other's, if possible).

The other is to just bloody mocking the other's opinion without trying to add anything that wasn't already been said just for the sake of mocking because it doesn't share your very same point of view.
Like the spongebob's chicken head meme.

There are two way to contribute to a discussion.
One is to actually share it's point of view, while also explaining why (and maybe trying to also respect the other's, if possible).

The other is to just bloody mocking the other's opinion without trying to add anything that wasn't already been said just for the sake of mocking because it doesn't share your very same point of view.
Like the spongebob's chicken head meme.

You are the one talking about modders asking for thousands of dollars for a tire change animation or for a skin, without any evidence to backup your claim. Also if you read more carefully you'll find that I gave an explanation of why it might happen.

You are the one talking about modders asking for thousands of dollars for a tire change animation or for a skin, without any evidence to backup your claim. Also if you read more carefully you'll find that I gave an explanation of why it might happen.
Have you ever heard what a "worst case scenario" is?
or are you just going to blindly laugh at stuff just because you don't know what that is?

So it's what I did.
Oh yes, totally.

And by the way, the "Nobody forces you to buy it" is by far the bigger lie since "I've read and agree with the terms of use".
It's just a stock phrase made just to push even more the market to the consumer's exploitation.
It's all good when it's mods like DRM Pack or the VRS Cars, but rip-offs? those shouldn't be even have donations, they're literally taking someone's work and pretending it's theirs.

Last edited:
AC's had awful paid mods since pretty much day 1 of modding, funny how this thread only gets bumped again when it's about from-scratch high quality mods people want for free, instead of the hundreds of rips with poor physics you can buy if you just want someone to rip stuff out of forza for you.

Self entitled BS attitude. If a modder wants to charge money for their mod, its their right. If you can't afford it or think its overpriced or don't want to pay for it, oh well! That's on you!

Its no different than some fool upset because he or she can't afford a Ferrari or some other high end car.

You aren't owed anything by anyone!

Last edited:
This is my favorite:

Sim Racer 1: Mods should be for free. It's the spirit of the hobby...and if the modders want to put up donation links, after we try out the mods, a donation could be instead of payment before even having a chance to try the mod.

Sim Racer 2: Yeah...I don't care either way. I've bought a few and I've donated to a few modders and some mods I've just skipped either due to the price or lack of interest in the type of car/track. By the way, when you send a donation after getting umpteen hours of enjoyment from it, how much do you usually give? A buck or two? Five?

Sim Racer 1: Well, I haven't actually donated to anyone yet...but I will someday!

Sim Racer 2: <crickets>

Now, there is nothing wrong with not donating. Some people can't for a million different reasons and I think all modders respect that. However, it always seems to be the people who've never donated a cent who scream the loudest about paid mods. By the way, what you read up above is an excerpt from my upcoming Broadway show called "Sammy was a Sim Racer". :p :laugh: :roflmao:

I am committed to making and releasing my stuff for free (because I am either too lazy to run this thing as a business, or I don't have the spare time to dedicate to it). The popularity of my last track exceeded my wildest expectations, and whilst the donations I received were very welcome and some were very generous indeed (some far more than I would pay for a mod), I have earned just over 3 pence per download, with 0.7% of downloads leading to a donation. For 6 month's (of spare time) work. Roughly £0.50 per hour.

So, yes, donations work if you want a warm and fuzzy feeling inside, but they will never pay the bills.

I am committed to making and releasing my stuff for free (because I am either too lazy to run this thing as a business, or I don't have the spare time to dedicate to it). The popularity of my last track exceeded my wildest expectations, and whilst the donations I received were very welcome and some were very generous indeed (some far more than I would pay for a mod), I have earned just over 3 pence per download, with 0.7% of downloads leading to a donation. For 6 month's (of spare time) work. Roughly £0.50 per hour.

So, yes, donations work if you want a warm and fuzzy feeling inside, but they will never pay the bills.
Very sad. And I say that because you're offering Triple-A+++ tracks, like Lilski, Mitja Bonca and some others. I don't think the average person truly knows how much work goes into building a top quality level track or car. Your data goes to show, you could have charged $0.50 for the download of Feldbergring, which would have been absurdly low, but it still would have earned you 13X what the donations have brought in. 13X for 50 cents... That's crazy. :rolleyes:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%